DC Rivals HyperCoaster construction discussion

Richard

5 hours ago, Smeg said:

They are going to build duelling coasters batman vs superman it will be a world first and they will probably retheme superman escape to another character so there isn't 2 superman themed coasters.

No, not batman vs superman. Super BatMan. That's been confirmed by a 100% reliable source.

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, Brad2912 said:

In what way does it look like a VR coaster? None of the regular reliable sources have given any indication of such 

It says world best and these seem to be a new fad they starting to put in parks, and with movie world theming based on movies it's highly probable they will build one of these with movie scenes playing on the headsets

I hope it's not but it's possible. On the plus side if your headset is broken it would be like a dark ride

Apparently, the deal with Six Flags is being paid for by Samsung. From what I hear from a local friend, the headsets are already falling apart at Magic Mountain and they are running short waiting for parts. Though he said he was impressed with the experience at the media day.

I also see a report on Screamscape that wait time for the VR coaster at Six Flags Over Georgia has tripled with the introduction of VR headsets, the case in point reported said the usual 1 hour point in the queue took 2hr 55min.

I was surprised that people I know were impressed with the experience, but I don't know how practical it will be in the long run.

57 minutes ago, downunder said:

Apparently, the deal with Six Flags is being paid for by Samsung. From what I hear from a local friend, the headsets are already falling apart at Magic Mountain and they are running short waiting for parts. Though he said he was impressed with the experience at the media day.

I also see a report on Screamscape that wait time for the VR coaster at Six Flags Over Georgia has tripled with the introduction of VR headsets, the case in point reported said the usual 1 hour point in the queue took 2hr 55min.

I get the feeling that Six Flags rushed the VR headsets onto their rides. Funny how they are struggling to run the coasters efficiently with the VR headsets......anybody could have foreseen that as a big problem, and should have been addressed when designing the overall experience. The presentation of the headsets are lackluster as well; they are using zip ties to secure the Samsung phones into the VR headsets.....it just looks tacky.

635945338798276743-FinderScreenSnapz014.

The implementation of VR on Alton Tower's 'Galactica' looks more thought out. Even though this article too describes the tinkering with the headset on Glacatica to be a bit of a challenge for the rider.

http://www.digitalspy.com/tech/feature/a789018/galactica-tested-alton-towers-new-vr-coaster-isnt-out-of-this-world/

gallery-1459519261-hadfieldgalacticaedit

Given time and money, I think these VR headsets on coasters could be an incredible experience. It is still early days for this tech. If they can solve the capacity issues of the headsets and create compelling, realistic VR graphics/video to view, then I would be happy for Movieworld to implement VR on their next coaster (i'd still like it to be optional though).

12 hours ago, Brad2912 said:

In what way does it look like a VR coaster? None of the regular reliable sources have given any indication of such 

It has been rumored that Mack rides are involved with the new Movieworld coaster. And Mack are the ones who first started experimenting with portable VR headsets on coasters. Mack rides owns this company:  http://www.vrcoaster.com/index.php.

Edited by Luke

Personally, I haven't done been on a VR coaster yet, but my thoughts on it are it is a bit pointless. From POV's I've seen, the graphics don't seem that great and the video is made to go in the direction of the coaster, which at times in some of the videos I've watched, you are just crashing through anything. I think that the ride would probably be more enjoyable if they didn't have the VR on them. I can imagine people always trying to fix it up, or hold it in place because they feel like it will fall off. Especially for an all new coaster, why have this, maybe it would be alright for older coasters to add an extra element to the ride that many people have already experienced. I'm sure that Samsung (or whoever is providing the VR element to the ride), paid a large amount of money for this to be added to the ride (I could be wrong, but that's what I'm thinking). I do hope we don't get this on the GC.

3 hours ago, Smeg said:

It says world best and these seem to be a new fad they starting to put in parks, and with movie world theming based on movies it's highly probable they will build one of these with movie scenes playing on the headsets

I hope it's not but it's possible. On the plus side if your headset is broken it would be like a dark ride

When you say "it looks like" it usually means you have some form of information or solid backing as to why it "looks like" that. 

VR is a relatively new concept when combining with thrill rides, and no VR rides are at this point considered "worlds best" to my knowledge. So that linkage doesn't work..

So we Come back to your comment of "it looks like" really meaning, "well it could be possible".

Its also possible that it's going to exact replica of Kingda Ka, but it sure as hell ain't likely..

1 hour ago, Luke said:

It has been rumored that Mack rides are involved with the new Movieworld coaster. And Mack are the ones who first started experimenting with portable VR headsets on coasters. Mack rides owns this company:  http://www.vrcoaster.com/index.php.

That is as sound a linkage as when the Bulletin said the Gold Coast was getting a Jurassic Park theme park because some rich guy who owns theme parks bought a share of a movie production company which made JP as well as 5,000 other movies..

36 minutes ago, Brad2912 said:

When you say "it looks like" it usually means you have some form of information or solid backing as to why it "looks like" that. 

VR is a relatively new concept when combining with thrill rides, and no VR rides are at this point considered "worlds best" to my knowledge. So that linkage doesn't work..

So we Come back to your comment of "it looks like" really meaning, "well it could be possible".

Its also possible that it's going to exact replica of Kingda Ka, but it sure as hell ain't likely..

That is as sound a linkage as when the Bulletin said the Gold Coast was getting a Jurassic Park theme park because some rich guy who owns theme parks bought a share of a movie production company which made JP as well as 5,000 other movies..

Sorry I should have said maybe it will be, just going on what's new around the world and them saying worlds best. I take that as not the biggest (unfortunately) but something that's new technology so they can claim that title.

Well in June I'm going to SFMM for the first time and I'll test out The New Revolution.

Personally I think VRcoasters are really cool! I think MW could put it on GL, SE or AA and during Fright Nights it could be turned into a horror theme. Just an idea, wouldn't it be cool to have AA turn into Walking Dead VR Experience for fright nights!

• Richard changed the title to DC Rivals HyperCoaster construction discussion
  • joz featured and unfeatured this topic
  • joz locked and unlocked this topic
  • joz locked this topic