DC Rivals HyperCoaster construction discussion

Richard

^That was exactly my thought when I saw this, and it has only been posted on the website over night. So I'm thinking that they've just got confirmation for when the track and supports are set to arrive, this whole area, except for GL will be fenced off and some of the supports for lifthill will be stored here and can be easily moved onto site. And then when the rides reopen there will be a banner on the door at the end of this space saying about the ride opening soon

4 minutes ago, themagician said:

Or we could be completely overthinking this and they are closing them both at the same time just because and they need maintenance. But I'm hopeful that we are right 

It has to be close ether way but I hope they have received the call that Mack is in town.

Edited by YLFATEEKS

18 minutes ago, ads086 said:

So the track is likely to be shipped in using Intermodal Transport Containers, given thats why track sections and support beams are the sizes they are. I'm intrigued as to how they get it out of the container, given the weight. Does anyone know?

I don't know how coasters are shipped but not all containers are the same.  Enclosed containers are made so you can drive into them with a forklift. 

flat-rack-containers-001.thumb.jpg.0e3cedebc6157d80f86db9d9ff29a0f1.jpg

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv.jpg.ed03b3288681789a971b97db537ce999.jpg

We must be getting to the important stuff now we're talking containers.

11 minutes ago, Smeg said:

They open the doors lift the other end and it slides out onto the ground

Do you believe what you say or do you just make it up as you go?

Edited by YLFATEEKS

15 minutes ago, AlexB said:

I'd have to throw to @YLFATEEKS for underground cable locations, but given it's position on the opposite side of the ditch i'm inclined to say GL's power isn't supplied from 'inside the berm'... whereas the new coaster's main power needs will be almost opposite the JL building, and by extension - it's fair to assume when Batwing went it, it was hitched onto the same supply as JL.

This, in my mind, makes sense as to why both JL and BW go down, but GL stays up. I have no factual basis, but it is a logical conclusion.

HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.thumb.JPG.c15da95823cf04682a14c2e1e9af1f2e.JPG

It could be the location of the transformer/switchboard needs to be relocated.

15 hours ago, Brad2912 said:

So has the idea crept into anyone's mind that we may have a delay somewhere along the manufacturing/transport timeline which is why the site has sat basically idle for quite a while now, why we haven't had an announcement, and why the fence wrapping stating Sept lasted what, a whole of 6 weeks?

That idea has occurred to me though I can think of a few other possible but less likely reasons for delays. The site preparation/footing placement did seem to finish ahead of schedule though.

I agree with @Tim Dasco about the fence wrapping too. Looking back at old posts, some of the concrete pillars of the permanent fence were already built when the fence wrapping went up though? The permanent fence was completed a month later & thus, the temporary fencing & its' wrapping was removed. Maybe the fence wrapping's short appearance was intentional (or the appearance of it was too late thus being very short)?

4 hours ago, themagician said:

So I'm thinking...this whole area, except for GL will be fenced off and some of the supports for lifthill will be stored here and can be easily moved onto site.

I don't think they could fit lift hill supports there in a narrow dead end surrounding by trees with heaps of theming. It might be power related like @YLFATEEKS thought or just the usual annual maintenance or maybe they are going to reconfigure the area to incorporate the hypercoaster's entrance & power?

Why are we all saying there's delays? Where was this confirmed or is it all just based on opinions with no valid fact behind it? Did it occur to anyone that this is all going exactly to the schedule that the park, you know, those people who are actually working on the project, might have planned for it? 

The park doesn't run to a schedule made up by a bunch of people on a forum. 

So putting it out there for everyone. 

There will be a clean up to this thread coming soon, anything not related to the actual construction or just dumb made up speculation about dates etc is going to be removed. 

If you want to talk rubbish about "my fridge says this date" or erections or anything else not actually relevant to the construction please take it to chit chat. 

That means that there might be days without posts until track arrives or an announcement is made and here at parkz we are totally ok with that. 

7 hours ago, reanimated35 said:

Why are we all saying there's delays? Where was this confirmed or is it all just based on opinions with no valid fact behind it? Did it occur to anyone that this is all going exactly to the schedule that the park, you know, those people who are actually working on the project, might have planned for it? 

Given you reacted to my last post, I'd just say this:

1. The only confirmed delay is the delay to the announcement as VRTP made it clear they were planning an announcement for last August.
  2. I never said there was another delay - all I said was that the 'idea' of a delay in manufacturing or transportation has occurred to me.
  3. When I said "I can think of a few other possible but less likely reasons for delays", I was also referring to extra announcement delays.
  4. Yes, it does occur to me that everything (apart from the announcement) could be happening to their actual schedule.
4 hours ago, TomiJ said:

...are you saying my calendar on my fridge is wrong...

I know you're referring to my 'guess timetable' and that's all it is - a guess. A very researched guess at that too. It was never written as fact & I pointed that out when I first posted it.

Edited by Jamberoo Fan

On 17/02/2017 at 11:07 AM, themagician said:

Or we could be completely overthinking this and they are closing them both at the same time just because and they need maintenance. But I'm hopeful that we are right 

I dont think so, because Batwing only came out of maintenance at the end of last year.

On 2/17/2017 at 3:21 PM, YLFATEEKS said:

HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.thumb.JPG.c15da95823cf04682a14c2e1e9af1f2e.JPG

It could be the location of the transformer/switchboard needs to be relocated.

Some light I can shed on this, right up my alley it is...

If they were moving/relocating the transformer they would have already started the new pad (transformer Uniculvert) with conduits in place through to the new switchboard location.  Energex will not even consider any works until this is done well in advance, total process from start to finish on our last transformer was 6 months, and we had to wait 3 months from when we were ready onsite with everything in place.

That  being said, there could be a switchboard upgrade happening which would require more conduits to be installed to the current transformer location, and there is a somewhat easy way to tell this.

If anyone is at the park looking through fences as we all do, look for an electrical "Pit". You would walk over them all the time through the city and may have never noticed them, if there are new pits int he ground then the conduit works have been completed already.

I would, as a GUESS only, think that considering the good weather over the footing install stage, we would start to see parts arrive end of March for an April vertical start.  This would allow most of the supports and track to be complete by end of May, wiring and systems in through June/July with testing starting in August for a September opening.

Also we now have to consider that the testing will be a lot more scrutinized after the Dreamworld tragedy, so this may have been allowed for as well, in my own opinion. 

2 hours ago, thunder001 said:

If they were moving/relocating the transformer they would have already started the new pad (transformer Uniculvert) with conduits in place through to the new switchboard location.  Energex will not even consider any works until this is done well in advance, total process from start to finish on our last transformer was 6 months, and we had to wait 3 months from when we were ready onsite with everything in place.

How do you know a new location for a transformer is not in a place a guest can't see or get close? 

The relocation of the transformer was just an idea.

Do you not think MW would put a new transformer in a location where guest could go near it?

Edited by YLFATEEKS

Valid points @YLFATEEKS, never said that they didn't already have it done, just quoting the time frames involved for the relocation should it happen.

As far as the locations, if the transformer is to supply one building (or client) only, energex generally will require it be placed on the clients land, however in an area that still provides easy access for energex crews to get to...the current one used to be next to a service road so I would guess that was the deal that was made for that unit.

All that aside, you have me thinking about possibilities.  The fact that there are two rides in that area shutting down for about a month could be more than allowing for works to new entry etc.  The one thing I have noticed is that the power for that transformer "could" be coming from the power pole on the corner entry to the park on the left of the driveway entry, which is very surprising that it would not have been in the road for footings for the ride.

But as I said before, not saying anyone is wrong or right, just trying to shed some light on the works ahead.... 

@YLFATEEKS looks like you were right, some trees have got a haircut 

IMG_6532.thumb.JPG.595a2c1a385bba0042ed8b03ab2f975a.JPG

In other news, new pile of soil, man going along and is trimming the tubbing on top of the posts around the fence, small digger at the turn around point at further away from MW part of site. And there is a large gate there, so I'd say a lot of the track and columns will be moved onto the site from here 

Well I got the following...

Nothing on that list in Container, General Cargo (or stretch Barge Carrier) either pulling into Brisbane today or as next dock...  So not arriving until at least Wednesday

Of the Container or General Cargo ships currently sitting at Brisbane...  They are flying either Hong Kong, Chinese, or Portuguese flags...

Which means @MaxxTheMonster got the same as me.  We don't know what ship it is on.  A Chinese ship could load up in Germany, unload what it has too in China.  Load up again in China and travel to Australia to unload.  All along caring the coaster it picked up at the start.  The coaster could also travel across Europe via trucks before being shipped to Australia from another country.  In theory, you could even truck it from Germany to China but this would not be likely.

We also have the possibility that the coaster is not being manufactured in Germany.

• Richard changed the title to DC Rivals HyperCoaster construction discussion
  • joz locked this topic