DC Rivals HyperCoaster construction discussion

Richard

22 minutes ago, Cooper Olsen said:

But this is coming from the guy who rathers AA (A Vekoma SLC) than Batman: The Ride (B&M Inverted Coaster)

I know where you're coming from. AA is more intense IMO, however Batman is a lot smoother & has better elements. I only rode Batman once when I was there, however it just didn't do much for me. If I had to choose between riding one I'd choose AA, but if I had to choose which ride is more re-rideable, I'd choose Batman. 

I doubt we are getting a B&M, however if we did I'd rather a wing or dive.. maybe even a flying? I think we will be seeing a Mack or Intamin though. 

13 hours ago, Wil_i_am_not said:

I read on TPR that the gold track was confirmed for Hot Go Park in China, not sure how reliable this is though...

Yeah I saw that too, although there are three colours there would China be getting all 3?

I understand that Lost Gravity is good, but if we got something like it I would be pretty disappointed. It's just not something the park needs. A mack multi-launch like helix would be fantastic, but a big dipper for me wouldn't fit what movie-world needs. To me, it's a bit like a better version of GL with airtime.

Doubt we'd be getting a B&M due to high cost and the cost of maintaining their trains. 

At the risk of going off topic, can't believe someone said AA is more intense than BTR. After riding the latter today, there is just no way. 

55 minutes ago, Jobe said:

Do we have a reasonable idea on where this new coaster will be located in Movieworld? I love the idea of a Mack Spinning or launched coaster but would lean slightly more in the favour of an Intamin Mega-lite coaster.

From my understanding there's only a couple of places left for it. 

We know the blue area is going to form TopGolf.

I don't believe they're just going to do something similar to GL, so that doesn't leave much space out the front. 

My money is on the rather large area out the back of the show stage. We were told the show stage was staying for now. That's not to say it isn't going late this year/early next year. Or it might become a dark section or queue section for a new ride. 

{removed incorrect image to prevent confusion - my bad, sorry} 

Edited by reanimated35

5 minutes ago, reanimated35 said:

From my understanding there's only a couple of places left for it. 

We know the blue area is going to form TopGolf.

I don't believe they're just going to do something similar to GL, so that doesn't leave much space out the front. 

My money is on the rather large area out the back of the show stage. We were told the show stage was staying for now. That's not to say it isn't going late this year/early next year. Or it might become a dark section or queue section for a new ride. 

mw.JPG

Correct me if I'm wrong, but how do you *know* for certain that is where Top Golf is going? My money's on an area very close to that, but have we received any solid proof yet?

Edited by ash.1111

4 hours ago, djrappa said:

At the risk of going off topic, can't believe someone said AA is more intense than BTR. After riding the latter today, there is just no way. 

I only rode it once, so that may be my problem! Haha ? From what I remember though, it just didn't do much for me. Maybe that is because all the other rides I went on that day were overpowering if that makes any sense. I'll defietely have to ride it again, I'm planning to go back next year :)

4 minutes ago, reanimated35 said:

I'm just double checking but you may be right sorry and I may have misread the article. 

All good. I think that area is where we might be seeing the lakeside area, with Top Golf really close. But that's just my speculation.

Whilst I like the length, and love the second launch, the lack of inversions makes that a poor addition to MW for mine. It basically SE on steroids. Whilst I certainly don't believe a coaster needs inversions to be great, I think for this new ride to be World Class and the drawcard they want it to be, it needs them.

• Richard changed the title to DC Rivals HyperCoaster construction discussion
  • joz featured and unfeatured this topic
  • joz locked and unlocked this topic
  • joz locked this topic