DC Rivals HyperCoaster construction discussion

Richard

6 hours ago, djrappa said:

I'm not so fussed with inversions so that wouldn't be a deal breaker for me

Certainly not a deal breaker, I just feel if you are going to have 2 launching coasters in the park, it would be a plus for one of them to feature inversions. The inclusion of a second launch would probably be a bigger gain though imo..

"World Class" leaves a lot of room for interpretation. If you believe Alton Tower's PR department they would have you think "13" is the most amazing coaster ever (I can assure you it wasn't, by any measure).

But here's hoping MW's coaster lives up to the hype, Intaminadator 500 might be a blast.

VR would be good for and older attraction like Arkham Assylum, perhaps in the form of a full helmet with padding (that would have been especially great with the old restraints).  

World Class puts it in a 'class' of identical or similar attractions which are all ~ the same.

World's Best means it is the best of all identical or similar attractions. It was definitely 'World's Best' so I look forward to it being on top of whatever category it is in.

Hopefully down the track Mack can refurbish it to make it even better too.

13 minutes ago, Smeg said:

But I can't see mw spending big bucks to get a large coaster 

Well I guess that's open to opinion. We've had level of confirmation from the local area rep that $100,000,000's are being spent over the next few, which doesn't tell us much specifically as it includes the lakeside precinct etc. 

Im expecting the most significant ride investment in the last decade, but that's just my opinion...

Well if they want "World Class", the ride would need something very "phwar ayy" like rubbing a shiny stick in your face.

In which case it needs to be something innovative, SE is World Class with its pre-show (despite not being a "World Class pre-show") right into a top hat. Scooby is WC with it's theming and innovative with the lift and backwards section. Wild West is relatively WC by being one of the worlds only flume rides with a coherent theme you can understand. 

Ideally if we're looking at a WC coaster with traditional layout, then it would need to be big. But if its some degree of compact, it should be something new to at least the GC. At the very least id like something along the lines of Firechaser Express with Mystery Mine being a stretch goal.

• Richard changed the title to DC Rivals HyperCoaster construction discussion
  • joz featured and unfeatured this topic
  • joz locked and unlocked this topic
  • joz locked this topic