DC Rivals HyperCoaster construction discussion

Richard

16 minutes ago, Tim Dasco said:

I would have thought they would want to launch this world class roller coaster in time for the 2018 CWG. This is from April 4th- April 15 2018. So I thought we would see a early 2018 launch. So possible construction starting early 2017.

Yeah, but it's a better idea to open it earlier than later to get those local crowds in before all the tourists arrive during CWG time, I'm thinking September or Summer 2017. No doubt it will open before the Commonwealth Games, though.

Edited by XxMrYoshixX

could this coaster be themed around a  female super hero like Wonder Woman, is there any female themed coasters around anywhere. maybe that will make it a worlds best but then again they would probably call that world first just a thought

5 minutes ago, Smeg said:

could this coaster be themed around a  female super hero like Wonder Woman, is there any female themed coasters around anywhere. maybe that will make it a worlds best but then again they would probably call that world first just a thought

They already have that. It's "Wonder Woman's Invisible Plane". It's that invisible flying coaster out the back of the show stage.

I'd definitely like to ride Wonder Woman, many times.

I don't think we'll have any idea about this from official sources for a while, please prove me wrong MW.

Female themed coasters: Rita (formerly Rita : Queen of Speed) at Alton Towers, Regina at Tobu Japan, Catwoman's Whip at Six Flags New England (that might have changed now) - wow, there's not many coasters named overtly after females.

You're right @downunder - i've just started paging through RCDB and there doesn't seem to be many overtly named.... now i'm going to see if I can find any that may be more play on words.

Of note so far -

• 6 Man Bob. For obvious reasons though, i'm sure 6 Woman Bob would prove extremely popular. Bob also seems to be a very popular name for a coaster - although I can't imagine why... ;)
  • Angry Birds - although the theme is obvious, the okker translation is hilarious.
  • Big Fury - (well?)
  • Black Widow (x2)
  • Black Witch (that's racist)
  • Blazing Fury (*see above)
  • Bone Shaker
  • Boss (my wife wouldn't argue with this one)
  • Bronco Buster

the fun continues - i've done up to page 30 of 328 pages on RCDB - thats A and B covered. Anyone else want to take on the next block of 30? seriously - another 10 people and we can cover the entire database!

start here: http://rcdb.com/r.htm?ot=2&nm=na&page=30

4 hours ago, downunder said:

I'd definitely like to ride Wonder Woman, many times.

I don't think we'll have any idea about this from official sources for a while, please prove me wrong MW.

Female themed coasters: Rita (formerly Rita : Queen of Speed) at Alton Towers, Regina at Tobu Japan, Catwoman's Whip at Six Flags New England (that might have changed now) - wow, there's not many coasters named overtly after females.

Haha but don't know if she would Like you to ride her many times 

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au/lifestyle/new-roller-coaster-hotel-and-lakeside-attraction-planned-for-movie-world/news-story/9e19ae24ce65872c5898781504b833fa

hotel is planned to be nine storeys and will be built on what is now a carpark fronting Oxenford’s Entertainment Rd.

I'm fairly sure this has been posted on here before, but can't remember, so thought I'd post just in case. 

I'm assuming that carpark fronting the road is that small gravel section just to the right of the road leading to AOS. So my thoughts now are that the TopGolf will go alongside the entrance road to MW, the hotel to the left at the front. And the coaster in the swap area.

On 16/08/2016 at 5:35 PM, pin142 said:

Slightly confused as to why an article 8 months old has been linked. As for the "now a carpark" might be where the old service station was. Seems the most logical place for it.

The last I heard Equis Investments owned that land unless they have sold it on after they didn't go ahead with the hotel they wanted to build.

• Richard featured and unfeatured this topic
  • Richard changed the title to DC Rivals HyperCoaster construction discussion
  • joz locked and unlocked this topic
  • joz locked this topic