DC Rivals HyperCoaster construction discussion

Richard

21 hours ago, Jamberoo Fan said:

So assuming no more delays occur, the announcement would be no later than 2 months & 20 days but maybe as soon as tomorrow...:D

Just found more evidence that an announcement could be imminent. This press release about Arkham Asylum - Shock Therapy's virtual reality experience addition released on the 20th of July 2016 says:

With the all new DC Super-Villains Unleashed and the Doomsday Destroyer opening this October, plus a major attraction announcement in the coming weeks, Warner Bros. Movie World is set to welcome a new era of entertainment for the Gold Coast and Australia. 

Saying "coming weeks" indicates 'less than a month'. That would indicate an announcement no later than 20th August 2016 - 3 days off the "60 days" timeline that Movie World indicated on the 24th of June 2016:

...It’s just the beginning of a massive plan to revolutionise entertainment on the Gold Coast, with Village Roadshow Limited to make a “huge” announcement in the next 60 days....

...“We will announce it within the next 60 days but I can say that it is of significant gross capital cost. It will reposition and re-energise not only Movie World, but the whole of the Gold Coast. With (Movie World and Australian Outback Spectacular), we are a big peripheral development and that gives us greater potential to create a broader product.

22 hours ago, Jamberoo Fan said:

Is this "huge" announcement the rollercoaster? Because if so, the announcement was due no later than the 23rd of August 2016 (60 days after the 24th of June 2016).

Even though this now means the announcement has been delayed by possibly 13 days, I still feel confident some sort of announcement is imminent. To publicly tease the announcement date 3 times over the past 10 months (November 2015 & June/July 2016) to allow it to be narrowed down to a mid-August announcement before nothing happening and suddenly Mack Rides crates appear 12 days after the likely announcement date seems too coincidental to me. I feel something has caused a delay in the announcement - maybe the crates themselves arrived late even though they (again, coincidentally) arrived on September 1st - an easily memorable date?

Like other forum members have said, it would now be logical to avoid the rollercoaster announcement clashing with the Doomsday Destroyer opening. There is a chance the general public could mix the two up particularly as firstly, the rollercoaster is highly likely to be DC Comic-themed too and secondly, when Movie World announced the DC Comics Super-Villains Unleashed themed area, they brought their roaming Justice League characters out for the media. They might do the same when the area opens next month. As a result of this potential mix-up, I do think, like @AlexB suggested, that a 'teaser' would instead be more appropriate now than a full announcement - as long as they clearly promote that the rollercoaster is opening next year instead of a generic 'coming soon'. If not, the general public will still mix up the two like I said earlier and hence, the announcement should then instead be pushed out to mid-November, the latest possible announcement date so far.

Edited by Jamberoo Fan
Added and replaced some words.

4 hours ago, Troy81 said:

Can anyone get a picture of the Mack factory on Nearmap?   I tried Google earth and it is from 2009.  Thought we may get same track photos.

I think the track would be on route or already sitting on a dock here somewhere

4 hours ago, Troy81 said:

Can anyone get a picture of the Mack factory on Nearmap?   I tried Google earth and it is from 2009.  Thought we may get same track photos.

1 hour ago, Santa07 said:

I doubt MW's coaster will be brown, aren't really any superheroes for that to fit.

Not sure if stupid or just trolling.

Someone asked about Nearmap of the Mack factory? As far as I know nearmap is only available here, and select US cities (Separate licence for them anyway)

14 hours ago, Troy81 said:

Thanks for that.  I just realised I put this in the wrong thread.  That picture looks the same as google earth.

That "nearmap image" on the previous page is a Google Earth image, you can even see the Google watermark over it. Nearmap just overlays google earth images to "fill in" the gaps for areas they don't cover (As already mentioned they only service Australia and the US.)

Edited by rac2703

I'm really, really hoping for something similar to Flash (heck, if it was gonna be a DC coaster, they wouldn't even have to change the name!)

A hypercoaster is something Australia really needs, plus it ticks that box of a world-class/trademark coaster for WBMW and the GC. If only DW were paying attention.

Having said all this, a launched coaster from Mack would be awesome too. I just think another launched alongside SE is a bit of a lack of variety.

If they were gonna do something similar to flash I hope they change the following:

- Get rid of the trims... they really kill the speed and probably destroy a lot of the airtime
- Straight drops > curved drops (sure, it's nothing major but it's just me being picky)
- I think I recall it being faster in other videos, but in that video the lift hill is reaaaaly slow

I also would be ok without the inversions and with a big emphasis on airtime

1 hour ago, reanimated35 said:

Just for reference, albeit very dodgy reference. 

Capture.JPG

Uhhhh... ?

On 1 September 2016 at 6:59 PM, xRazzBerryx said:

In a Parkz article from the start of the year, there was a bit about Flash at Lewa Advenure.

"The German company also offers more traditional coasters featuring lift hills, both with and without inversions. Their largest roller coaster to date is the 61 metre tall, 1273m long Flash that opened at Lewa Adventure in China earlier in 2016; this ride takes the traditional out-and-back hypercoaster ride style and adds a loop and zero-g-roll."

This would be perfect IMO. It's a Hyper, Mack & has an out and back layout. I did up a rough layout from google maps & its just too big to fit in that area, keeping in mind my measuring is very rough! 
:lol:

Flash Concept.jpg

3 minutes ago, Brad2912 said:

I'd be more than happy with a Flash clone, albeit with a few differences to differentiate. 

If the do look at a launching coaster, all they need is a few inversions to completely differentiate the ride from SE. 

Inversions and a double Launch would be terrific 

Agree with this 100% :) 

• Richard changed the title to DC Rivals HyperCoaster construction discussion
  • joz locked and unlocked this topic
  • joz locked this topic