DC Rivals HyperCoaster construction discussion

Richard

It might take 7 of those 8 minutes to get up that 1000 foot lift hill lol.

I'm more intrigued by this project now that Mack is involved, as the in-the-know assessment (people who know but can't tell) seems to be it will be mind boggling, but Mack have built some nice coasters, though nothing OMG or super large (Helix and Blue Fire are 130+ feet and Flash has a drop under 200 feet). Haven't been on Flash, but Helix and Blue Fire I have - they are really good coasters IMO, but didn't blow my mind. Blue Fire's launch is softer than Superman Escape and Helix is so much fun, but it owes a lot to it's interaction with the terrain.

At the end of the day, Mack can be commissioned to do any project they are willing to take on, so let's see what happens. I'm sure it will be fun even if it isn't up to lofty expectations or imaginings.

^Don't get me wrong I thoroughly enjoyed Helix, it sits just outside my top ten (the lack of a Mitch Hawker poll means I haven't had to think about my personal ratings for a while). It's got a great variety of elements and being on the hill makes it so much more awesome, it reminds a bit of Maverick except without the initial drop. If MW did get something like Helix that would be fine by me, it's a coaster that doesn't get boring after many re-rides, which is good if a big part of the market they're aiming for is repeat visits.

At the end of the day we've all got our own preferences, the more extreme the better for me - I did aerobatic flying last year (I'm a shithouse pilot) so I could do something more extreme than a coaster and that wasn't enough lol.

3 hours ago, Theme Park Ninja said:

spoke to an MW employee just a minute ago regrading to a some news about the park, this new roller coaster 's ride time is apparently going to be 8 minutes long, hearing this is making me excited knowing it's not going to be a one trick pony ride like Buzzsaw ?

Are you sure? Not even The Beast at Kings Island is 8 minutes long. I seriously doubt that the ride time is 8 minutes. 

Edited by XxMrYoshixX
Reasons

It could take up to 8 minutes if a roller coaster/dark ride combo is made (like wonder mountains guardian at Canada's wonderland but more intense) and the new sound stage could probably be used for the dark ride portion. Mw would have to be running lots of trains unlike on superman and have high capacity trains. It could possibly be themed to suicide squad and who knows what "world class attraction" is gonna be built in time for the commonwealth games. 

Edited by Aw hype

The longest ride time of any rollercoaster in the world is 8 minutes - a scenic railway style coaster called Hochschaubahn, in Austria, which closed in 1944 (Darn Germans!). It had three lift hills, which is likely the reason for much of the ride time, since it was only a mile long, giving you an average speed of 7.5mph or 12kph.

The next closest coaster to that ride time is Daidarasaurus (Expoland Japan) which closed in 2007 - At almost 2.4kms long and a ride time of 6:33 whilst its top speed was 72.5kph, its average was a mere 21.4kph.

RCDB's ride list shows all of these by ride time here - Our own Scooby comes in at 7th on the list (and beats the Beast by 3 seconds). 

So whilst its entirely possible, you would need an INSANELY LONG themed pre-lift or pre-launch, and an INSANELY LONG track with a relatively slow average speed.

Given what we have heard about this coaster, and what we have seen so far, I think it is safe to say that it will neither have a huge pre show, or a huge track, or a low average speed. Hell - even Arkham hits a 27kph average.

9 hours ago, Theme Park Ninja said:

spoke to an MW employee just a minute ago regrading to a some news about the park, this new roller coaster 's ride time is apparently going to be 8 minutes long, hearing this is making me excited knowing it's not going to be a one trick pony ride like Buzzsaw ?

Sorry, but I call BS on this. I can say on VERY good authority that the only Movieworld staff that know any details about the new rollercoaster are high management. It's a project under tight wraps at the moment. Anything that other staff have told you is pure speculation on their part, as there is no way they would know anything that we don't already know ?

I agree @AlexB. I was just speculating what could possibly happen if it was 8 minutes long. I doubt that @Theme Park Ninjas information was credible coming from a lower ranked employee. We probably would know more about the roller coaster then some employees. Coming to think about it, the average speed should be high considering its in a villain themed area, and it would be a bad fit with doomsday destroyer just to add a kiddie style coaster. To further back my statement, reliable source rcdb has listed the ride as extreme, and as soon as any things announced, they're on to it.

51 minutes ago, mattcrombie said:

MW.jpg

Had a look at aerial pictures of other Mack coasters as well, I'm ruling out a Blue Fire clone since the cleared land is too narrow for one of those. I also don't think anything with a chain lift will happen either. Granted, the size of the land is enormous compared to Green Lantern or Arkham, but just looking at the cleared land it looks like a launched coaster to me.

Screen Shot 2016-09-12 at 6.54.26 PM.png

My only worry about a hyper coaster is the lack of land, because  i looked on google maps and the  land size for several hypers are bigger then that of the fenced off areas. The only design i found that fitted on a smaller amount of land was Goliath six flags MM. But who knows MACK designs the track layout different to BM, so im sure it could still be a hyper just more compacted 

11 hours ago, Brad2912 said:

Welcome to the forums Ryan..

Thanks 

1 hour ago, AlexB said:

the thin strip of land leading to  GL lends itself perfectly to a station house, and accompanying lift hill - roll out of station, do a u-turn just like GL does, then hit the lift - by the time you reach 'open land' you can be at the top and ready to roll!

Yeah i could definitely see that happening as the thin strip of land is almost useless for anything but a lift hill or launch

• Richard changed the title to DC Rivals HyperCoaster construction discussion
  • joz locked and unlocked this topic
  • joz locked this topic