DC Rivals HyperCoaster construction discussion

Richard

2 minutes ago, YLFATEEKS said:

I would love if somebody got into a negative reputation Parkz would automatically place a ban period before they could post again.

Maybe given them a 5 post leeway, if they are on a negative total after that they are exiled. If a brand newbie makes a poor first post they deserve a chance to redeem. Haha. If you haven't learned after 5 posts how things fly then you're out. 

3 hours ago, Santa07 said:

I still don't understand how BF was way over Helix in the golden ticket awards, Helix looks by far the best Mack launched coaster.

Not enough people have been on it.

4 hours ago, Brad2912 said:

Id take it, great ride length, would like another inversion or two, but looks a treat

The only down side is its like 85 foot and has a max speed of 80km/h

4 hours ago, YLFATEEKS said:

I would love if somebody got into a negative reputation Parkz would automatically place a ban period before they could post again.

maybe not negative right away would have to be really serious like -50 but no one would ever reach that?! B)

Edited by bladex

11 hours ago, Santa07 said:

Don't forget TopGolf will be next to the coaster close to AoS, it may just be work for that.

Plus, a hotel & lakeside/entertainment precinct.

9 hours ago, Ryande16 said:

I doubt it, it wouldn't make sense as to why they are clearing land that is not for the coaster at this point in time.

TopGolf's construction was due to commence around September (or more accurately "in the next few months" - said in late June).

8 hours ago, AlexB said:

From what I understand it will take over the current 'dirt' carpark opposite the PC driveway next to the watertank, although how much ground it stands to take over is yet to be seen.

I read in the Gold Coast Bulletin that the planned hotel was to be placed on top of a MW carpark (which carpark I don't know).

8 hours ago, jake_hunt said:

I think someone mentioned wayyy earlier that Mack Rides tweeted they had at least two big new coasters coming in 2017-2018 or something... I can't be bothered to look for it and quote.

You're probably referring to my post:

On 15/09/2016 at 8:18 PM, Jamberoo Fan said:

The above may seem unlikely but given Mack Rides is currently the most likely rollercoaster manufacturer, this frequently asked quetsion from VR Coaster's website should be noted:

Are you also planning new roller coasters that are build only for VR right from the start?

Yes, our partner Mack Rides will build any kind of roller coaster, optimized for a pure VR experience. At the moment, we are already developing two such coaster facilities, but as there's a lot more engineering involved, these will not be finished before 2017 / 2018.

The only way to figure out if Movie World is associated with this is if someone can figure out how many rollercoasters Mack Rides are manufacturing. If 2 are currently scheduled for completion in the timeframe given above & Movie World's one of those, Movie World's rollercoaster could be one of those designed specifically for virtual reality.

Edited by Jamberoo Fan

47 minutes ago, bladex said:

it can't be topgolf look at the footprint and where the supports are it has to be a rollercoaster.

Screenshot_2016-09-28-21-38-24.png

The supports in the foreground are definitely the rollercoaster but I think most people were trying to point out that TopGolf would be built in the background to the left.

Also:

This Facebook post from one of the GCCC's councillors said "several additional announcements still to be made over the next six months". That means until late March 2017. So far, I can only think of 3 potential announcements:

1. The rollercoaster
  2. The lakeside/entertainment precinct
  3. The hotel

TopGolf is not included as that was announced back in June.

Assuming there are no more announcements (hopefully not :P), that could be one every 2 months - one in November (which is currently likely to be the rollercoaster), one in January & one in March.

Edited by Jamberoo Fan

Was at Movie World briefly yesterday (too many people there with school holidays)

The area they have cleared and are working on is much bigger than I had imagined looking at the photos, and same with the supports.  Very exciting to see what happens!

There was also a large crane in the area over the swamp, where the containers are.  Not sure if that is in preparation, or they are moving things around out the back in the lot. 

27 minutes ago, Jamberoo Fan said:

Screenshot_2016-09-28-21-38-24.png

The supports in the foreground are definitely the rollercoaster but I think most people were trying to point out that TopGolf would be built in the background to the left.

Also:

This Facebook post from one of the GCCC's councillors said "several additional announcements still to be made over the next six months". That means until late March 2017. So far, I can only think of 3 potential announcements:

1. The rollercoaster
  2. The lakeside/entertainment precinct
  3. The hotel

TopGolf is not included as that was announced back in June.

Assuming there are no more announcements (hopefully not :P), that could be one every 2 months - one in November (which is currently likely to be the rollercoaster), one in January & one in March.

It just seems bizarre that they would start digging and drilling within the coasters perimeter fencing and not elsewhere. Also dont you think if it is for topgolf its a little close?

35 minutes ago, Ryande16 said:

It just seems bizarre that they would start digging and drilling within the coasters perimeter fencing and not elsewhere. Also dont you think if it is for topgolf its a little close?

It would save costs and logistical work to share the same construction site instead of just creating separate construction sites for each project (assuming the projects share borders). For all we know, the rollercoaster & TopGolf may share the same site with netting preventing the golf balls from entering the rollercoaster track area. It would be a pretty memorable marketing image to seeing people playing golf on a driving range with a rollercoaster in the background.

Edited by Jamberoo Fan

1 hour ago, Jamberoo Fan said:

It would save costs and logistical work to share the same construction site instead of just creating separate construction sites for each project (assuming the projects share borders). For all we know, the rollercoaster & TopGolf may share the same site with netting preventing the golf balls from entering the rollercoaster track area. It would be a pretty memorable marketing image to seeing people playing golf on a driving range with a rollercoaster in the background.

Until someone gets hit by a golf ball on the coaster traveling at high speeds hahaha.

I've actually driven past a golf course and had some moron slice a ball clean over the perimeter fence and smack straight into my windscreen.

Fortunately, the golf club has insurance for that, and they paid for the replacement windscreen same day.

No matter how good your nets, sometimes balls will get out. Hitting a car is one thing... hitting a rider on a coaster would be disastrous given the combined speed and minimal protection.

I still think these two will be very close but i'm certain VRTP has considered likely risks and designed both attractions to complement each other.

13 hours ago, Ryande16 said:

Until someone gets hit by a golf ball on the coaster traveling at high speeds hahaha.

If you read my original post carefully, there were some keywords:

15 hours ago, Jamberoo Fan said:

Like @djrappa said, time to move on - whether or not TopGolf and the rollercoaster share sites, golf balls will be prevented from getting out and both projects will be built to accommodate one another.

• Richard changed the title to DC Rivals HyperCoaster construction discussion
  • joz locked and unlocked this topic
  • joz locked this topic