DC Rivals HyperCoaster construction discussion

Richard

I really like @Tim Dasco's idea. Yes, it requires more staff, but as he said a large coaster like this is going to take a lot of staff in the first place and I'm sure MW could make the effort to have one or two more staff.

11 hours ago, red dragin said:

A second station would still impact operations if it was on a different regime. Perhaps in 3 train operation the impact would be manageable. 

I'm pretty sure 3-train operation is what Tim means, you wouldn't add a second station unless you had 3 or more trains going at once.

Maybe best to just drop this whole VR thing, the chances of it being added initially are very low even if it is optimised to VR and might see it a few years after opening.

You wouldn't need two stations, just configure the one station so that two separate queues (depending on how you want to ride) bring you to either the left or right side of the station. If you want to ride normally, you load on the left half of the platform, VR loading could be on the right. They could load each side in a pattern depending on how busy one queue is. Maybe 2:1 with normal riders getting two trains in a row, then the third being for VR. 

The thing with that though is that you can't just do all the VR stuff off the train, I noticed a lot of the problems with AA was the VR not detecting the code on the seat in-front, and that can't be done out of the train. They did all they could off the train (adjusting size and focus) but that's something that has to be done while everyone is on the train.

All this talk of a second station for VR (which won't happen) or separate queues is pointless when comparing to other rides that offer VR free, in this case Revolution. The ride is listed as 1400 pph before VR was added. It would now be struggling to get 400 pph and that's with two trains. There is no way to speed up the loading as mentioned you can't pre-load the VR, compare it to Arkham all you want but that ride is VR optional and already low capacity so the VR has not had the negative impact that a high capacity ride like Revolution has had.

The park only needs one VR coaster experience and it should be left with Arkham as being it.

3 hours ago, mickayel said:

You wouldn't need two stations, just configure the one station so that two separate queues (depending on how you want to ride) bring you to either the left or right side of the station. If you want to ride normally, you load on the left half of the platform, VR loading could be on the right. They could load each side in a pattern depending on how busy one queue is. Maybe 2:1 with normal riders getting two trains in a row, then the third being for VR. 

The only issue I see with that is, where do u exit?

1 hour ago, ads086 said:

Aw hype - this diagram should help. Orange is the path ways, Blue is Station, Green is Track.

FLOW2.png

Thanks mate I interpreted it wrong. I thought it was stated as 1 station, 1 track but Vr enter one side and general enter the other. This diagram is a logical solution for Vr mixed coasters. If they did do dual station/track it would be a smart way to reduce line times. But it would not work if they are only running one train at off peak times like they do on SE. 

Anyone thought about a duelling coaster (one vr one not) or something like twisted colossus, which could explain the infamous "seven minute ride time"

Edited by Aw hype

This is how I imagined the queue system working. 

MOVIE WORLD VR STATION CONCEPT.jpg

Personally I am not sold on VR. I haven't been on a coaster with it, but been exposed to it extensively with my thesis. I don't see the harm in an additional experience for those willing, and I will make up my mind when I head up in a couple weeks. 

Edited by mickayel

Sorry VR fans but I see absolutely zero point in MW building a great coaster, which by all accounts will use height & speed as key thrill factors, only to then strap something over your eyes so you can't/don't see what's going on. 

VR is a gimmick, just like 3D movies. I'm yet to ride a coaster that absolutely nails it, and I'm not certain it can be completely 'nailed'. 

Just as I'm yet to see a single movie outside of Avatar that utilises 3D to the point it actually improves the experience beyond doubt. 

MW won't risk their largest ever investment made on an individual attraction (rumoured, and maybe not exceeding WWF given inflation) on a gimmick, they'll stick to what is tried & true.

7 hours ago, Brad2912 said:

Sorry VR fans but I see absolutely zero point in MW building a great coaster, which by all accounts will use height & speed as key thrill factors, only to then strap something over your eyes so you can't/don't see what's going on. 

VR is a gimmick, just like 3D movies. I'm yet to ride a coaster that absolutely nails it, and I'm not certain it can be completely 'nailed'. 

Just as I'm yet to see a single movie outside of Avatar that utilises 3D to the point it actually improves the experience beyond doubt. 

MW won't risk their largest ever investment made on an individual attraction (rumoured, and maybe not exceeding WWF given inflation) on a gimmick, they'll stick to what is tried & true.

Whilst I agree that I don't think MW should build this as a VR coaster, especially considering the views it's likely to have, I disagree about VR's future. I think it's more than just a gimmick. I think between that and augmented reality, it is the future of entertainment. Once we get past the PS2 graphics, it will be mind blowing - perhaps more as a stand alone attraction than as a rollercoaster.

Film-wise, I really disliked Avatar. For me, 'Gravity' really nailed it.

• Richard changed the title to DC Rivals HyperCoaster construction discussion
  • joz locked and unlocked this topic
  • joz locked this topic