DC Rivals HyperCoaster construction discussion

Richard

^Half true, I'll interpret that as the coaster will be double the stats, the world's first 400 foot plus full circuit coaster lol.

I have zero idea on this personally, only what I'd like to see, I was surprised they went with Mack, but they've dealt with them before. There was a theory the Doomsday Destroyer might have been a sweetener on a coaster deal with Intamin - myth: busted.   

^My bad, I've ridden both many times lol, I shouldn't post early morning. Probably what I meant to say is full circuit, non-one trick pony (and I'm not counting the hump on Kingda Ka as a second trick), full circuit coaster.

I'll be interested to see if the polar coaster happens, I haven't checked on that project for a while. 

12 hours ago, Levithian said:

They literally cut out the kerb channeling and into the road to place it though. Its not just close to the road.

Yeah but many coasters have supports half in half out the fenceline:

http://www.parkz.com.au/photo/8411-Leviathan/gallery/sort/newest/location/ride-1742/offset/2

11 hours ago, Gazza said:

Yeah but many coasters have supports half in half out the fenceline:

http://www.parkz.com.au/photo/8411-Leviathan/gallery/sort/newest/location/ride-1742/offset/2

It's not the fence line that I was thinking is the problem. Its the fact a big support would be right on the edge of the road, waiting for things like trucks or inattentive drivers to drive into it. Like you posted above is in pretty much no danger of traffic plowing into it.

9 minutes ago, Levithian said:

It's not the fence line that I was thinking is the problem. Its the fact a big support would be right on the edge of the road, waiting for things like trucks or inattentive drivers to drive into it. Like you posted above is in pretty much no danger of traffic plowing into it.

Even if something does collide with the support pole,  i doubt its going to have enough force/strength to snap it in half. Whats the worse thing that could happen, its paint gets scratched. ???

1 hour ago, Levithian said:

Yes but how is that any different to any other roadside infrastructure such as signage gantries and bridges which may collapse and cause injury if they were crashed into. The risks of things like this are well understood by Engineers and there are plenty of methods to mitigate it. I think Australia figured out the importance of this in the wake of the Granville rail disaster

Edited by Gazza

On 20/10/2016 at 10:07 PM, Ryande16 said:

Even if something does collide with the support pole,  i doubt its going to have enough force/strength to snap it in half. Whats the worse thing that could happen, its paint gets scratched. ???

This isn't a P-plater's dinged-up car we're talking about here. If any of a coaster's poles is damaged the ride is taken offline until it's certified safe again by the park, manufacturer and probably local authorities.

I wouldn't be surprised if they replace the whole thing as a precaution, which would involve the track being dismantled in the area the pole supports.

...but we're tangenting here.

Like I said earlier, methods for avoiding damage and disruption like that are well understood.

eg look at this:

https://www.google.com.au/maps/@-27.6360119,152.9743954,3a,31.3y,92.35h,88.88t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1s7H2952gTAT0H4zlcFx3dDw!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

The toll gantry is at risk of being hit at 100kmh by a truck. The concrete footing the gantry sits on would be good enough to wreck any car whilst leaving the gantry unscathed, but on top of that, to be doubly sure, they put in an NJ barrier.

Obviously the measures implemented depend on the risk involved...A shopping center car park with low speed traffic would have less stringent measures than a motorway with high speed traffic for example.

It's a non issue.

Edited by Gazza

33 minutes ago, reanimated35 said:

How were your hosts today?

They were very good, were you one of them?

^^Lol dude, I would have taken a swag of pics if they allowed photography up there.

^Theme Park Ninja, we saw you having a crack with the hammer in Villians, my friends know who you are.

Edited by downunder

On 20/10/2016 at 6:30 PM, Jackson13Walasek said:

With IAAPA just under a month away maybe MACK will announce something that will clear up  speculation?

Not necessarily "hey we're building this at Movie World on the Gold Coast" but maybe announce something that could help us put a few puzzle pieces together?

I don't think Mack Rides will say the slightest unless it is in conjunction with MW. Announcing it around the time of the IAAPA Attractions Expo would be a good for Mack Rides if it ends being a rollercoaster that is a global leader in it's field as then, with the global publicity, Mack Rides could gain the benefits of the Expo's visitation, which would be from all over the world. The IAAPA Attractions Expo also fits with the current time period for a potential announcement on the new rollercoaster.

On 20/10/2016 at 9:01 PM, red dragin said:

I think you'll have to wait till possibly after White Christmas before an announcement. 

I predicted in my guess timetable that the track parts will arrive in early December so I do think there will be some sort of teaser at a minimum in mid-November like we are all expecting anyway. If they waited until after White Christmas, we might have found the track parts laying around in the car park and from the design & colour of the track parts, we're highly likely to have figured out the theme & rollercoaster features/type before MW even announced it.

Given the hype built around this rollercoaster, I feel MW would definitely prefer announcing it themselves rather than letting the media find out through websites like Parkz this time more than any other previous time. Since Parkz began, nearly all new rollercoasters have been figured out from the arrival of track parts prior to any official announcement. Apart from the Mack Rides crates & the roller coaster DA, MW has kept details of this rollercoaster incredibly well secret and I'm sure they would have realised by now that track parts is an easy way for theme park enthusiasts (and to an extent, the media) to decipher the theme & rollercoaster features/type. A mid-November announcement would be before the track parts arrive ensuring that MW controls and makes the most of the publicity this new rollercoaster will generate.

42 minutes ago, Jamberoo Fan said:

MW has kept details of this rollercoaster incredibly well secret and I'm sure they would have realised by now that track parts is an easy way for theme park enthusiasts (and to an extent, the media) to decipher the theme & rollercoaster features/type.

If by the media deciphering it, you mean the media comes onto parkz, reads the forum, or the article posted by the site and then makes up their own garble to make it not a blatant ripoff, and quoting a few Parkz members on the way, then yes, to an extent, the media will decipher the theme and type.

They will not figure it out on their own without a media release.

• Richard changed the title to DC Rivals HyperCoaster construction discussion
  • joz locked and unlocked this topic
  • joz locked this topic