DC Rivals HyperCoaster construction discussion

Richard

One thing that Six Flags has got right in the USA, you pay for an all day locker it is able to be moved around the park so you don't have to worry about a central locker and returning there to get something, simply carry your stuff with you and put it in the nearest locker as needed. You even get a receipt of your locker number so you don't have to worry about remembering it. The NFC idea is good (and I am a fan of it at Wet'n'Wild Sydney) but I would prefer a movable locker over it. Sure Movie World isn't as sprawled out as Discovery Kingdom but it would be handy to have. Even add a bank of lockers near Wild West Falls to help make full use of the movable locker system.

8 hours ago, bluman said:

With the new Wonder Woman movie due for release in June 2017 - could the new coaster be themed to this?

Possibly. I'd think construction time might be a bit tight but given we have pretty much agreed on a DC theme Flash and Wonder Woman are 2 of the main characters not represented. Wonder Woman would also give focus to a strong female character.

12 hours ago, bladex said:

if this coaster enters and exits on the same station than they won't need to. it will be like arkham with the boxes.

I'd like to see boxes like Arkham. You see a lot of annoyed people at Superman when they realise they have to pay for a locker.

15 hours ago, Life said:

Another alternative is to use a common wall with a carousel (MDMC anyone?).

The problem with a carousel is that you have a very small space (1-2m) which every rider has to stand in to put their items away. If every rider has a bag, a phone, hat, sunnies etc, it takes a lot of time for them to go to that point. It works on Claw because it's in the queue and everyone walks past it.

Bit of a radical idea here, but if they have two stations, ostensibly for load\unload - change it up to be 'station 1' and 'station 2' - the queue divides to both if two trains are running, and whichever station you load on, is the station you unload on. It wouldn't take much to program, and guests could simply place their loose articles on the station next to where they board (on the other side of a yellow line or similar) and it sits there in plain view until they get back. The ride would still only load \ unload one train at a time (whilst the other is cycling) so load operators wouldn't need to be duplicated.

25 minutes ago, AlexB said:

The problem with a carousel is that you have a very small space (1-2m) which every rider has to stand in to put their items away. If every rider has a bag, a phone, hat, sunnies etc, it takes a lot of time for them to go to that point. It works on Claw because it's in the queue and everyone walks past it.

Bit of a radical idea here, but if they have two stations, ostensibly for load\unload - change it up to be 'station 1' and 'station 2' - the queue divides to both if two trains are running, and whichever station you load on, is the station you unload on. It wouldn't take much to program, and guests could simply place their loose articles on the station next to where they board (on the other side of a yellow line or similar) and it sits there in plain view until they get back. The ride would still only load \ unload one train at a time (whilst the other is cycling) so load operators wouldn't need to be duplicated.

Can I play devil's advocate here and say that when you've paid bugger all to get into the park, $15-20 for an all day locker isn't really asking for much IMO. 

I'd like to see them add a new all day locker building along that path between JL3D and GL, then more out near DD and WWF. 

32 minutes ago, reanimated35 said:

Can I play devil's advocate here and say that when you've paid bugger all to get into the park, $15-20 for an all day locker isn't really asking for much IMO. 

I'd like to see them add a new all day locker building along that path between JL3D and GL, then more out near DD and WWF. 

This...  We pay for a locker most days we go for this reason...  We don't pay to get in, spend $8 on drink refill for the day, spend very little or nothing on food due to allergies/intolerance's so I don't see the issue with paying $10 for an all day locker...  The only issue is they need to have them in more areas of the park...

1 hour ago, reanimated35 said:

For me its a bit of a deal breaker. Inside the parks I carry a total of 3 items.. My car keys, my mobile phone (for NFC-enabled purchases), and an asthma spray. The latter being something I cannot actually stash in a locker anyway. Paying $15-20 to store a total of 25sqcm of possessions is a bit rich... 

• Richard changed the title to DC Rivals HyperCoaster construction discussion
  • joz locked this topic