DC Rivals HyperCoaster construction discussion

Richard

8 minutes ago, Tim Dasco said:

However then they spend this money now and not afterwards. MW will need to reinvest in a couple of years after this Hyper to encourage season pass members to renew and to get people to return to the park. Parks like to spread out their investments. Hence why DD opened last year and this roller coaster will open 2017/2018. Instead of them opening at the same time.

Not really. A couple of years implies 2-3 years. IMO they've been doing fine without this coaster for quite some time. As long as they do little bits here and there (eg the current bathroom refresh) while saving for the next big thing in say 5-7 years, they'll be fine. 

Edited by reanimated35
typo

There is one directly under Valravn. (One of Valravn's records was first roller coaster to go over a gate 3 times.) Its called the Marina gate. See image below.

CP-New-Marina-Entrance-04302016a.jpg

and while we are talking about Valravn lets take a look at these construction pictures taken by drone last year. So pretty!!!

cedar-point-testing-valravn-fb3b99cff55b6724.jpg

cedar-point-testing-valravn-414120fd56333336.jpg

Edited by Tim Dasco

Macks website on the other hand states that at IAAPA they will release some info regarding their new upcoming projects. This could be about the new roller coaster at Movie World. I'm not expecting an announcement, but something just acknowledging what kind of ride it is, and maybe if there are new trains or anything. It also wouldn't matter if Mack spilled some secrets, because the general population of Australia doesn't even know IAAPA exists and would therefore never even hear. If anything it would be good, firing up the rest of the world for this exciting new attraction. Then when it does open, more people know about it other than just locals. Also, there would be on point to Movie World opening a booth about the new ride. No one would care or even know Movie World existed to begin with.

Edited by Intimidator305.

26 minutes ago, Intimidator305. said:

Macks website on the other hand states that at IAAPA they will release some info regarding their new upcoming projects.

If you referring to this from Mack Rides home page:

Every year the industry comes together at IAAPA Attractions Expo to launch the products, reveal the news, and discuss the trends that lay the groundwork for the year ahead.

...it says 'the industry' not 'Mack Rides'.

I'm not expecting an announcement, but something just acknowledging what kind of ride it is, and maybe if there are new trains or anything.

Even if they freely spoke of the new hypercoaster at the IAAPA Attractions Expo, it would only be to people in industry and they are unlikely to be as excited over it as theme park enthusiasts would so any information would probably not make it's way to theme park enthusiasts.

It also wouldn't matter if Mack spilled some secrets, because the general population of Australia doesn't even know IAAPA exists and would therefore never even hear.

Given the recent Thunder River Rapids incident, if the media found out something new about the hypercoaster from someone at the IAAPA Attractions Expo, I think it would be published as news.

Edited by Jamberoo Fan

2 hours ago, Intimidator305. said:

Macks website on the other hand states that at IAAPA they will release some info regarding their new upcoming projects. This could be about the new roller coaster at Movie World. I'm not expecting an announcement, but something just acknowledging what kind of ride it is, and maybe if there are new trains or anything. It also wouldn't matter if Mack spilled some secrets, because the general population of Australia doesn't even know IAAPA exists and would therefore never even hear. If anything it would be good, firing up the rest of the world for this exciting new attraction. Then when it does open, more people know about it other than just locals. Also, there would be on point to Movie World opening a booth about the new ride. No one would care or even know Movie World existed to begin with.

I hope you are right, although the bit about the GP not finding about is probably false, because IAAPA -> these forums -> the media -> the GP

I am going to say the theme is obviously going to be a Wonder Women or Justice League. But since they already have a Dark ride for Justice League. I am certain its going Wonder Women or some other big Warner Brothers movie.

1998: Wild Wild West Adventure Ride - Wild Wild West Movie

I am guessing they expanded the Looney Tunes area because of Space Jam.

2002: Scooby Doo Spooky Coaster - The Scooby Doo movie

I think you get the point. When they release a new its normally for the biggest Warner Brother movie in that year. 

Wow @mattcrombie, some really great photos there. Is it just me or do those crates look a lot bigger than the ones we've already seen?

I love how they've blued out all the mack logos except for the "authorized mack personnel" line. Intentional or not I wonder?

Edited by Santa07

Santa07 sorry, for posting that, what happened was that I was reading the pictures of the park, and began to write exactly what you'd said, then I posted it but you had already posted as I was writing and the page hadn't refreshed. Because you can't delete posts, I tried editing it to make not look like a repost. Sorry.

Possible Electrical Systems.jpg

This part of one of @mattcrombie's photos reminds me of this photo of SE's construction. It might explain the large crates and if it is the same thing (I'm not 100% sure so can someone confirm?), it looks like things are starting to happen apart from more footings!

Edited by Jamberoo Fan

I'm still trying to work out how the ground was saturated and storm clouds in the sky this morning at Oxenford when 8kms away where I am it was 32 degrees at 9am without a cloud in the sky and no rain overnight.. weird. 

46 minutes ago, themagician said:

the footings closest to AOS are poisoned 

What sorcery is this?

Edited by Brad2912

• Richard changed the title to DC Rivals HyperCoaster construction discussion
  • joz locked this topic