DC Rivals HyperCoaster construction discussion

Richard

14 hours ago, Themeparkfan said:

I think this will be great for movie world will make it stand out from the other parks for sure the Gold Coast parks have not had a decent large scale signature roller coaster since Dreamworld removed the thunderbolt  (in my opinion) 

What about Lethal Weapon? Thats a better flagship than Thunderbolt ever was.

Just been to MW to check out these footers and the construction in the carpark, and wow they are getting on with them so quick, and there are so many of them. They are literally everywhere now near GL and heading towards AA. I couldn't get photos as close at TPSN because there were workmen every where and machinery moving around.

So by the looks of things, the lift hill will go by the strip of land between JL and the swamp, up over the entrance road, and then drop above the carpark land and turn towards the entrance (through a curved drop or a banked turn or something)? I mentioned in one of the Parkchat streams a few weeks ago how much I love driving past the coasters when entering a theme park, and driving under one (probably twice if my guess is correct since there would be another transition back to the other side of the road) would make things even more majestic. Very exciting times.

@downunder I would love it to pull heaps of the elements from flash.  To get a coaster at MW on par with flash is something most of us thought would never happen.

Maybe you want to ride it nude too.:P

NINE.jpg

@Santa07 That is not what is being said at this point.  For now, there is only 2 footers in the car park making me think it will be bracing supports.  We can work out that the ride will probably have height at that point to clear the vehicles on the road so this pushes me in the direction of a lift hill near by or above.  This would all be undone if MW changed the entrance point to the park.

@themagician are you able to confirm how many footers are across the road in the car park?

Edited by YLFATEEKS

^I'm cool with riding it clothed too LOL.

I must admit the "world's best" PR tag has made my expectations somewhat ambitious - though even an exact clone of Flash would be exponentially better than anything Australia has at the moment (of course that assessment is subjective). 

Meanwhile, I will continue to contemplate those footers.

Edited by downunder

I just had a look at the footers then... I agree with a swooping drop where the driveway meets Green Lantern but it looks like it will go straight into a loop.

The first couple of pictures are where I believe the loop will be then I did a rough sketch as to what I think the start of the layout might be.

IMG_0218.JPG

IMG_0217.JPG

IMG_0219.PNG

I took a little panorama but it won't let me upload it for some reason.

2 hours ago, YLFATEEKS said:

@Santa07 That is not what is being said at this point.  For now, there is only 2 footers in the car park making me think it will be bracing supports.  We can work out that the ride will probably have height at that point to clear the vehicles on the road so this pushes me in the direction of a lift hill near by or above.  This would all be undone if MW changed the entrance point to the park.

Fair enough, that probably is the most believable with what we've got, what I said could be viable but if there's only one or two footers you're probably correct at this stage. Finding good photos on how far Flash's supports extend from the drop is hard, but if the size is going to be similar it looks like the coaster would have to come pretty close to the road for the supports to stretch over it since the support that extends out the most is only half-way down the drop. I'm pretty sure a banked drop is most likely at the moment as any other option would either require more land in the carpark or a shorter lift-hill.

@downunder196  Hard too tell from this photo but it looks like most of the footings would be away from the loop.

Europa-Park_-_Blue_Fire_Megacoaster_(32).JPG

I'm not saying you’re wrong, I just find it hard how you can call where the elements are from the footings especially when all the footings are not complete.

I would understand if you said a loop is likely to be at the start of the ride going on Mack's history with their mega loops.  But that’s a given.

I normally can tell the path of travel from the footings but what the footings translate too up in the air is another thing for me.

I also say this because we have two very simular loops from the same manufacturer that have two different construction methods.

tststststs.jpg

@Theme Park Girl Would be nice if you stopped working because I got accustomed to your updates.

Edited by YLFATEEKS

4 hours ago, downunder said:

I wonder how far off we are from seeing some supports going up, a month or two? 

In my guess timetable I created over a month ago, I put supports going up around early March 2017. This is assuming the hypercoaster opens on Boxing Day 2017.

Edited by Jamberoo Fan

• Richard changed the title to DC Rivals HyperCoaster construction discussion
  • joz locked this topic