DC Rivals HyperCoaster construction discussion

Richard

10 hours ago, Richard said:

It's an interesting one. $16 million for Tower of Terror isn't disputed, but Dreamworld cited the figure of $12 million for Giant Drop in their press releases for the ride. I am however absolutely certain that Giant Drop only cost around $4 million to build as the bulk of the structural work was completed for Tower of Terror.

I believe $12 million was the figure for if they built Giant Drop as a standalone attraction. For whatever reason Dreamworld went with this inflated figure in their promotion for the ride.

Richard's correct. I have an old brochure somewhere for Dreamworld from when The Giant Drop opened. It stated $12M was the cost IF they had built it as a standalone attraction. I guess they thought that it sounded more impressive.

The footers appear to lead towards green lantern and then end. I almost get the feeling it could be a turn around. With the footer that sticks out into the car park, it could be a very cool banked turn over the cars. It could also be a non-inverting dive loop like at Energylandia. The only fear I have is that the ride could become a parking lot coaster...

Some photos of non inverting dive loops:

Screen Shot 2016-12-07 at 6.10.46 pm.png

Thanks for the great photos as well.

Edited by Intimidator305.

^ Since there's only one footer in the car park, I don't think it'll become a car park coaster. 

In other news, I was at MW the other day and from the top of superman you can see a straight section of footers running diagonally from the direction of the service road, towards the studios. I'd assume this is for the station. 

There's also some work going on behind the JL building, which may be for an access point from the superman/AA area.

Edited by mba2012

Just now, Brad2912 said:

Why? 

There is no reason to re-theme GL.

green arrow isn't even a traditional member of the justice league, nor will he take part in the cinematic universe in any form currently planned (through to 2020) 

Only because i am a fan of both shows and they crossover a lot, with the coasters next to each other it just sits well in my head.

I agree no reason from a park operations perspective to retheme GL (unless to remove some of the stigma about it being unsafe...people are stupid and a name change is enough for some people to think something is new)

1 minute ago, GCTV Parks said:

I'm told by an insider that they had a title and theme for the coaster but changed it due to the incident at Dreamworld and have delayed the announcement till early next year 

The dipping dot guy is back? 

If you told me they delayed the announcement, I'd agree, but are you saying they changed the theme, I'm calling BS. Too far along to do so, and why? The coaster wasn't going to be called The Thunder Coaster or some sort of associated word...

• Richard changed the title to DC Rivals HyperCoaster construction discussion
  • joz locked this topic