DC Rivals HyperCoaster construction discussion

Richard

It's been a while guys, schoolies got the better of me. 

About the theming of the coaster, i highly doubt they would name/theme the new coaster towards wonder woman. Im not sexiest or anything (maybe a little ?), but it would just seem a little weird IMO if the biggest and fastest ride at the park is themed towards a female superhero. I mean i wouldn't have an issue if it was themed towards her, but i just dont see it happening. She would suit a family coaster but not Australia's first hyper. 

28 minutes ago, Ryande16 said:

It's been a while guys, schoolies got the better of me. 

About the theming of the coaster, i highly doubt they would name/theme the new coaster towards wonder woman. Im not sexiest or anything (maybe a little ?), but it would just seem a little weird IMO if the biggest and fastest ride at the park is themed towards a female superhero. I mean i wouldn't have an issue if it was themed towards her, but i just dont see it happening. She would suit a family coaster but not Australia's first hyper. 

Go home your drunk.

Why wouldn't Wonder women fit a hyper coaster. She is a pretty powerful superhero

Batman is arguably DC's biggest character.

And with Superman being the other big name maybe the new coaster will be Batman themed to match their current flagship coaster.

Now people saying they already have a batman ride in Batwing, however this didn't stop them building Batwing when they already had Batman adventure 2.  Correct me if I'm wrong but they had 2 batman themed rides for about 5 years.

23 hours ago, jjuttp said:

While bit of a niche market, I for one would love to see the DC Bombshells somehow brought to life in the park. It'll give the Heroines some park life, plus they're starting to work in some of the male heroes too (see Aquaman). It could work, whether it be in the parade, meet and greets or some ride with the Flashpoint excuse to work.

Sounds good. Bombshell DC that's not burlesque would work fine. Might be even easier costumes for the actors, too.

13 minutes ago, Ryande16 said:

Here come the feminists 

No, but they'll come if they're needed. You're doing a fine enough job as it is digging a hole for yourself.

There are women in the Justice League, and in the current batch of DC movies. WW theme on this coaster would make common sense, as the character is in many DC movies to come out over the next five years (BvS: Dawn of Justice; Wonder Woman; next Superman/Batman movies probably, the two Justice League movies coming...)

Edited by Glubbo

How awesome would it be if the new hyper coaster had some awesome lights on the track? It would light up at night kind of like Monster at adventureland. It would kind of create a beacon and an icon for the people driving down the high way. It would already be impressive in day time, but at night it would glow all over the road and become an icon. How cool does this look?

maxresdefault.jpeg

Screen Shot 2016-12-10 at 6.21.05 pm.png

Screen Shot 2016-12-10 at 6.21.12 pm.pngit

I know all it says is onboard lighting, but surely they could do something cool? Even with the park closed the lights would still be a beacon at night.

I was reading through some wikipedia articles on defunct Dreamworld rides as I tend to do from time to time, getting my nostalgia on when I noticed an interesting fact that I probably read before but forgot. Thunderbolt held the record for longest roller coaster in Australia, and despite it being long gone no coaster has ever beat its length. Got me thinking, and forgive me if it's been mentioned, I've read "most" of this post but could have missed it, what if any records will the new Movieworld coaster break?

Obviously it's all conjecture at the moment but I could see it breaking that old record of 1,207m. Hopefully, anyway.

I'd guess it will beat the length record. Certainly height for tallest full-circuit coaster in Australia. Possibly speed, too, only beaten by TOT.

I'd also say possibly highest drop, highest inversion (although BuzzSaw is pretty damn high)...

And of course, first hyper-coaster in Australia, provided RCDB's stats aren't correct...

• Richard changed the title to DC Rivals HyperCoaster construction discussion
  • joz locked this topic