DC Rivals HyperCoaster construction discussion

Richard

^The guy from Mack said publicly it was a custom version of the Flash model coaster, and example of which is at Lewa Adventure in China. So it's almost certain there's no launch.

Having a coaster with a lift hill being themed to The Flash (as opposed to just being called Flash, like the one in China) would be ironic.

I think it should be themed after cricketing great David Boon, Boonie's Barf Coaster, will have an interactive element, where you consume as many beers as possible before the ride. The most beers consumed and doesn't throw up during the ride wins.   

Edited by downunder

7 minutes ago, downunder said:

^The guy from Mack said publicly it was a custom version of the Flash model coaster, and example of which is at Lewa Adventure in China. So it's almost certain there's no launch.

Pretty much this. Plus in terms of product offering, when you're trying to diversify your line-up i'd imagine having two roller-coasters almost exactly the same (but one massively bigger) wouldn't be a great move on many levels.

I'm really happy it looks like we're getting a giant lift hill. There's nothing like the suspense a good lift hill delivers. I'm no fan of most launches; they make me feel like I'm having a brain aneurysm. We already have a decent launch coaster in Oz, and at the same park no less (and then there's also Motocoaster ? and Jet Rescue), but what we definitely don't have is a massive lift hill. It's time.

Edited by GoGoBoy

Geez, the site is looking very green atm following all the recent rain lol. More work going on with the fencing today, other than that there is not a huge amount of activity happening. Appears to me that they are awaiting the next stage of development (or maybe an official announcement first?) ?

Hard to believe that this ride is only 7 months away from opening to the public! Super keen to see what happens next ???

20170201_143746_20170201144826991.jpg

Running with my inner Cinephile, unless those outer blocks on the edges of the last photo are meant to be for roof tops, which would lead to Pacific Rim. My bet is the swan thing (Loch Arch?) would possibly be for the Aquaman throne room, which leads to the centre thing in the last photo possibly being your stereotypical bad buy lair bulge thing seen in many comics/movie/shows etc.

Google Earth recently updated their satellite images so whilst they are not 'up to date', these are the most 'up to date' satellite images of the hypercoaster we have now:

1st October 2016:

MWHypercoaster01102016.jpg

15th October 2016:

MWHypercoaster15102016.jpg

The area of the construction site near Justice League as well as the area along Entertainment Road had a lot of activity in the 15-day period between satellite images.

And that's the best image quality Google Earth could provide.

Edited by Jamberoo Fan

INB4 anyone asks - no, Nearmap is not updated beyond September.

So these footers are new (obviously) and it occurs to me that the "triple" placement suggests an inversion or loop of some description at this point (which will make for a great view on the highway as well as great photos from the footpath)

inversion.png

1 hour ago, AlexB said:

INB4 anyone asks - no, Nearmap is not updated beyond September.

So these footers are new (obviously) and it occurs to me that the "triple" placement suggests an inversion or loop of some description at this point (which will make for a great view on the highway as well as great photos from the footpath)

inversion.png

Which footings are you referring to? 

Flash or Lightning or Lewa  or whatever you want to call it has the loop after the first drop.  I know the layout is going to be different however I would think the further the loop moves away from the first hill the smaller the loop would be.  I was expecting to get the same size loop.

If you are talking about blue circle you marked, that’s the area I’m wishing will lead into a huge overbank turn.  I would also be happy with a cobra roll at this point.

I think x marks the spot.:D

loop.png

Edited by YLFATEEKS

34 minutes ago, YLFATEEKS said:

Which footings are you referring to? 

Flash or Lightning or Lewa  or whatever you want to call it has the loop after the first drop.  I know the layout is going to be different however I would think the further the loop moves away from the first hill the smaller the loop would be.  I was expecting to get the same size loop.

If you are talking about blue circle you marked, that’s the area I’m wishing will lead into a huge overbank turn.  I would also be happy with a cobra roll at this point.

Yes, the footings within the circle. (the other stuff i've drawn was meant to be a side layout showing what i meant by triple footings - ie: one under, and one on each side).

I'm not saying it would be a loop (the 'double' footings (left side) are arranged in a curve, but the 'triple' combo just seemed like bracing supports to both sides, implying high force, and I suggested an inversion \ loop - i'm completely ok with an overbank turn, and the curved footing placement supports that too.

1 hour ago, AlexB said:

Yes, the footings within the circle. (the other stuff i've drawn was meant to be a side layout showing what i meant by triple footings - ie: one under, and one on each side).

I'm not saying it would be a loop (the 'double' footings (left side) are arranged in a curve, but the 'triple' combo just seemed like bracing supports to both sides, implying high force, and I suggested an inversion \ loop - i'm completely ok with an overbank turn, and the curved footing placement supports that too.

The biggest issue I'm having working it out is the footings are not the same as Flash or Lightning or Lewa.  I did a super quick search on goggle earth but I didn’t locate The Flash.  I think overlaying the loop might be the best option.

(Quick food for thought because we are all super ride engineers.  An easy way to remember if it's a footer or footing.  “Skeet is in the line waiting for his first ride on the new Wonder Women Coaster when @reanimated35 comes along trying to cut the line and pushes skeet aside.  Skeet almost loses his "FOOTING" but skeet recovers quickly and takes care of the situation”.  Alternatively, if skeet lost his footer you would wonder why skeet was working on a word document while waiting in line).

1 = Footing

2 or more = Footings

Footer = printed page located under the main text.

Edited by YLFATEEKS

• Richard changed the title to DC Rivals HyperCoaster construction discussion
  • joz locked this topic