DC Rivals HyperCoaster construction discussion

Richard

Thank you @themagician

Your photos show a lot more going on than just powering the fence.

The white conduit in the trench is a communication conduit and never used for power.

The small orange conduit laying on top of the two large conduits in the trench is the conduit for the fence.

One of the large orange conduits might be for the fence too but not both.

IMG_6606.jpg.3b14be76083e88d78e3a22e0d804e6b5.thumb.jpg.33a4355d3592e21cac641c41eee0f3b2.jpg

9 hours ago, AlexB said:

Do you really think a couple of dozen LEDs are going to put a dent in their electrical bill?

No but it looks unnecessary to light up a construction site in decorative lighting for months (until at least most of the hypercoaster is built anyway). If it's unnecessary for now, MW should save the money or invest it in something more urgent.

Edited by Jamberoo Fan

11 minutes ago, Jamberoo Fan said:

No but it looks unnecessary to light up a construction site in decorative lighting for months (until at least most of the hypercoaster is built anyway). If it's unnecessary for now, MW should save the money or invest it in something more urgent.

What do you think they should spend the $15 on instead?

EDIT:  If you go to the effort of finding out how much it would cost at domestic prices (which I'll give you a tip, they don't pay), I'm going to delete the hell out of it because I don't care and neither does anyone else.

On 21/02/2017 at 3:04 PM, Luke said:

^Agreed. The Mack xtreme spinning coaster would have been perfect. The spinning cars, plus the twisted track layout suits the Buzzsaw theme very well. Plus having that turntable/dual station setup would have improved capacity dramatically.

Too bad it wasn't a product when Buzzsaw was installed...

On 22/02/2017 at 6:12 PM, joz said:

What do you think they should spend the $15 on instead?

EDIT:  If you go to the effort of finding out how much it would cost at domestic prices (which I'll give you a tip, they don't pay), I'm going to delete the hell out of it because I don't care and neither does anyone else.

I wasn't going to find out how much it would cost at domestic prices. I know that the '$15' you mentioned is just a random figure you've typed to represent the small size of the lights' electricity costs but to answer your question - really anything to improve MW's guest experience. After all, investing in the smallest things can sometimes make the biggest difference for guests.

I was at MW yesterday, not much happening in the new coaster area.

However both Batwing and Justice League were closed for maintenance, not only closed but had temporary fencing blocking the rides from view - do MW always do this when maintenance is going on?

With the re-theming (or at least enhancements) of Scooby Doo, what are the chances Bat-Wing is being re themed as well, to something other than Batman?

As Batman is one of the more well know Super Hero's, maybe the new coaster could be themed around Batman - this makes more sense to me than say the Flash, which unless you are righto into DC stuff (I'm not), then the Flash is no where near as recognisable and iconic as Batman. 

As a prominent flagship coaster, a prominent DC character (assuming of course it will be DC themed) that is instantly recognisable (both character and the bat symbol) makes a reasonable case.

49 minutes ago, mission said:

With the re-theming (or at least enhancements) of Scooby Doo, what are the chances Bat-Wing is being re themed as well, to something other than Batman?

I'd say close to 0. The park has no reason to retheme batwing, and do you realise how hard it would be to repaint the tower to a new theme?

They're not changing the whole area to fit JL, that would be silly.

I feel like it would be hard to theme an entire coaster to the JL. A dark ride - sure - but not a coaster.  By the logic you're using (saying that they'll theme it to JL because the movie is coming out later in the year), then it will more likely be a WW theme than a JL one, since that movie will have been out for a few months when the coaster is opened.

1 hour ago, Santa07 said:

I'd say close to 0. The park has no reason to retheme batwing, and do you realise how hard it would be to repaint the tower to a new theme?

Isn't the theming really only above the seats and at the top of the tower, the tower itself is just painted a fairly non descriptive colour? 

A giant coaster out the front of MW with the Batman symbol LED sign (like GL), especially at night, would look great. It's instantly recognisable and pays homage to a major DC character. Big character, big ride.

Anyway, I was just throwing it out there.

Edited by mission

• Richard changed the title to DC Rivals HyperCoaster construction discussion
  • joz locked this topic