DC Rivals HyperCoaster construction discussion

Richard

I think he's saying if the containers haven't arrived on the dock today, they won't come until the next docking next week, which means it will only leave 2 weeks of that area being closed with track parts on site.

of course that is relying on the downtime having a) anything To do with the new coaster at all and b ) if it is coaster related, it having something to do with the tracks. Neither of which are confirmed in anyway though...

3 hours ago, MaxxTheMonster said:

Fingers crossed for containers to start arriving this afternoon, this evening or tomorrow morning...  Last container ship for 3 days docked a little under 2 hours ago...  And if...  IF...  JL3D and Batwing closures have anything to do with the new coaster installation that gives 3 weeks instead of 2 or 2 and a half...

A sign that I have nothing better to do on a Friday night...

http://queensland.snarl.com.au/cams/single/201

Wife is going to Brisbane for a live music performance tonight...  She was surprised when I volunteered to drive her there....  Up the highway and back...  

I've been watching your webcam for 3 hours and it's very hard to see now.

29 minutes ago, YLFATEEKS said:

I've been watching your webcam for 3 hours and it's very hard to see now.

Well given the fact there are no cranes or additional lighting at MW at the moment I would be inclined to think nothing will be happening this evening so very little point continuing...

But if you have been you probably saw me going through in the last hour or so :) 

Edited by MaxxTheMonster

On 3/2/2017 at 10:37 AM, themagician said:

IMG_6717.thumb.JPG.ab344790c306958acf6a4e326cbab01c.JPG

Another container has arrived 

So we have the toilet block, site office and lunch room all ready on site.  I would guess they would use a stand alone generator onsite to power these for the duration required, unless they are able to get across the road from the old switchboard somehow.  These normally turn up about 1-2 weeks before the crews start onsite as they are mandatory required items...seen the shade set up on a couple of sites around, bloody good little idea you appreciate on a hot day, trust me.

I think we'll see the shelters established pretty soon. As for power, it probably wouldn't be too hard to run a temporary line out to the dongas from the nearest source - I doubt generators would be used - but it does depend on the placement - are they against the entrance driveway or closer to GL?

A few riser posts to take the supply line over the driveway is all they'd need.

Very true Alex, although depending on your WPHS site rep, they are starting to outlaw these as a fall risk...bit of a joke if you ask me as riser posts have been used for years without too much trouble.

Still cant wait to see the first delivery onsite...might even go for a drive this week to our Gold Coast site just so I can drop into the park on the way back.

Was looking through the MW maintenance, and was thinking about GLs schedule and how it isn't until the end of the year. A few of us thought that it would be earlier due to the footings in GL footprint. But I still imagine they will close it when those piece are installed, but as the park don't know exactly how things will progress, they won't advertise it closing until a week or so before it does. 

• Richard changed the title to DC Rivals HyperCoaster construction discussion
  • joz locked this topic