DC Rivals HyperCoaster construction discussion

Richard

7 minutes ago, Tim Dasco said:

So according to channel 7 this wil be the largest and fastest roller coaster in Australia. Geez faster than Superman Escape and TOTII this must be fast. ???

As much as I'm sure they pulled that info out of their respective arses, it WILL be faster than Superman Escape, and who knows given a couple of years TOTII might end up launching even slower :P

@Tim Dasco well Superman goes to 100km/h, and if this is like the flash one, which reaches 120km/h, this will be quicker. And yeah not sure of what TOT reaches today, despite saying it will do 160km/h

@YLFATEEKS the point I'm trying to make is that, I don't think we should compare this to the movie. SDSC is based off the movie, which isn't that great, but the ride is. GL was a terrible movie, but the ride definitely isn't bad at all. Superman Escape opened, and despite not being based off the movie, Superman Returns came out 6 months after the ride opened (but people were aware of the movie coming, and it wasn't that good either). So if it is themed to SS, I don't think we should say, nope this won't be good, or this is a bad theme, because MW may not take the movie version of the story and characters.

52 minutes ago, CJF said:

Hey everyone, (very) long time lurker, first time poster!

Just on the train (Cleveland line) on the way to Uni. Just saw multiple trucks with the tarp-top containers on the Port of Brisbane Motorway merging onto the Gateway heading south... We should be seeing more track arriving soon!

@Theme Park Girl @themagician Who's ready to get back to the park when these arrive ?

But now - @CJF, the important question- UQ or QUT?

@YLFATEEKS Not trying to be smart, as you said so yourself: the tarp top containers aren't necessarily coaster containers... You just very rarely see those types (especially 3 in a row).   Please note that I never said that the containers ARE coaster containers, I simply said that there were several of them en route south and as I said "we should" see more track arriving shortly. :) 

24 minutes ago, themagician said:

IMG_7160.thumb.JPG.c3f66d2f701206493ff7f3c977f4a79e.JPG

This was the container that was on site at 5:30 last night.  The containers in your photo's are 2 new containers.

IMG_20170322_165445237.thumb.jpg.e1a2de593c8c0e9f5f058a2d566af192.jpg.49b1019e8219c06ccb2df5b5ae91bd10.jpg

Who's wishing we have supports in this one?

We will know for sure once we know the support colour hey @djrappa  lol

Edited by YLFATEEKS

48 minutes ago, themagician said:

Yep, no more track parts, except from the two extra yesterday, and there are the 2 shipping containers, but I think they are from yesterday too. And the structure for the second shelter is complete

IMG_7160.thumb.JPG.c3f66d2f701206493ff7f3c977f4a79e.JPG

IMG_7161.thumb.JPG.563cde12e9c03f7b441a80e01cae3ee7.JPG

IMG_7158.thumb.JPG.65a8e61c996a04fc1e356c1b990bfa75.JPG

Great, thanks for the pics. :)

• Richard changed the title to DC Rivals HyperCoaster construction discussion
  • joz locked this topic