DC Rivals HyperCoaster construction discussion

Richard

Thanks for the info and pics on the maintenance bays, I find this really interesting; although I'm having a little trouble making out exactly what the set up is in those pics. So just to confirm, the roller coaster track ends in the bays and the main wheels actually completely come off the track? And it looks like the smaller wheels sit on two basic flat rails in the bay? But what guides them? And I'm assuming this is unique to Mack. Do most other coasters just continue the main track into the bays?

Edited by GoGoBoy

1 hour ago, Skeeta said:

I only say this because by the look of this photo if it did rotate the wheel would hit the platform.

rotate.thumb.JPG.4a1d7a0050f42c26939f3cbf8b4f2487.JPG

Enterprise train.  Wheels rotate and has same wheels to remove train from track.

ddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd.thumb.JPG.60601500dcc4c2db077e3c2ea53fd8b9.JPG

ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssfffffffffffffffffffgggggggggggggggggggggggggggg.thumb.JPG.47225b8e5d03f633af667d178ac81bc2.JPG

You better email Mack and let them know.

This issue could impact on about 10 operating coasters with this train design.

@Gazza  What are you on about?  When did I say it was a issue?  I said what stops it?

An answer might be -

Nothing, the wheels are allowed to bump the platform.

The wheels don't turn that far.

When weight is placed on the maintenance wheels it locks the wheel assembly.

It may look like it in the photo but it isn’t that close to the platform.

Could it be I'm talking on a theme park site and I'm interested to know how this coaster works?

Edited by Skeeta

But I want a tunnel!!!!

But seriously - I just like the change of going through a tunnel, even if it's short like SE.  It heightens the feeling of speed (zooming through a small space), and changes the ambient light. But yes, we can't have it all.

18 minutes ago, pushbutton said:

According to this post on Facebook by TPSN, supports have been installed.

I'm not sure where though. I was there a couple of hours ago and didn't see any above ground construction.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1298940303520908&substory_index=0&id=132673766814240

Hmm, when I go to their page that status isn't to be found. They must have hidden it from public as it's false information?

• Richard changed the title to DC Rivals HyperCoaster construction discussion
  • joz locked this topic