DC Rivals HyperCoaster construction discussion

Richard

7 minutes ago, pushbutton said:

Hmm. Surely there's already plenty of twists and rolls (for those who enjoy that sort of thing) on Green Lantern.

You need to remember GL's inversions are slow with lots of hang time - almost gentle. I wouldn't mind one or two fast-paced, intense rolls on the new coaster. Sure, AA has them, but sometimes it's a little rough - this coaster I'm sure will be glossy smooth.

32 minutes ago, pushbutton said:

Hmm. Surely there's already plenty of twists and rolls (for those who enjoy that sort of thing) on Green Lantern.

What would be wrong with just some pleasant ups and downs at moderàte speed? It wouldn't really live up to any movie theme, but at least it would be enjoyable as well as providing some interesting views.

Arent there moderate speed gentle ups and downs on Roadrunner, and start of Scooby Doo?

Is it just me or am i the only person that loves to experience extreme whiplash and getting thrown around on a coaster? 

2 hours ago, xRazzBerryx said:

I'd choose an airtime hill over a loop any day, but I won't be fussed if they add a few inversions. I've never experienced it but I heard the heart line roll on Blue Fire is pretty intense & good. 

Only if its ejector airtime, besides that i'd much prefer a heart line roll any day of the week, especially if you're going through it at over 80kms/h!!

Edited by Ryande16

1 hour ago, Pd46 said:

Yeah it's just you, Most people prefer to be uninjured when they get off a rollercoaster.

Thats half the experience though, obviously not getting injured but a bit of head banging and whiplash makes it fun IMO! That's why Lethal weapon back in the day and X2 are my favourite rides.

Edited by Ryande16

26 minutes ago, AlexB said:

sounds like i need to make a trip down there tomorrow to poke around.

And still no announcement.  MW management meeting.  “Nothing to see here move along”

MW can’t blame people if the start blurting what they know.  I know I can only hold my breath for so long.

1 minute ago, djrappa said:

I figure today would be an amazing day to head down and see coaster nerds in their natural habbitat in all their glory, cameras pushed up to the fence :P

I don't even have a camera but the fence will leave an impression on my face sometime today.

10 minutes ago, jack.c said:

Which section of the supports are they installing? Like the location? I can't tell. 

fffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff.thumb.png.66942c86270600e6bbcbe6acb7bc0507.png

Is this correct @Theme Park Girl ?

24 minutes ago, pushbutton said:

IMG_20170411_110448.jpg

Based on those supports, looks like there will be a downward or upward spiralling helix or curve of some sort at that place.

If MW don't announce the coaster by the end of next week, I will have to make the conclusion that their marketing team have been drunk for the past 6 months.

Just now, Ryande16 said:

Didnt  realise how quick they can put them in. They could easily put in another 5 by the end of the day.

Yeah, the ones low to the ground really don't require too much effort to put in place. Of course, the larger ones will probably take a fair bit longer to line up properly (and will most certainly need a bigger crane).

• Richard changed the title to DC Rivals HyperCoaster construction discussion
  • joz locked this topic