DC Rivals HyperCoaster construction discussion

Richard

It's not too hard to work out which supports will go up next with these tie-down rods now missing their nuts.

1.thumb.jpg.bec782ad20f982e589a8c0c70a467c63.jpg

Next time somebody is at MW having a look to should be able to tell which way the train will run by the K labels written on the footings. K001 is the first support foundation in the middle of the station & 193 is the last label at the end of the track.

2.thumb.jpg.5ebd7560cd9dc7bdeef451c2566c49d5.jpg

The base plates are getting big.

3.thumb.JPG.b32fb7b37f6e6351a792b60f7eacd1ac.JPG

3 hours ago, xRazzBerryx said:

Air time hill, turn to the right, into turn around element? That's what I make out of this 

If you go by the support numbers it's out of the turnaround. 

ddddddddddddddddddddddddd.thumb.PNG.b42d1637a17934b2b2bcf0af21cd9ac0.PNG

I think most people agree the turn around might be the same as Flash.  I think the arrow is the location of the supports that went up today.

Edited by Skeeta

1 hour ago, Twilight Zone said:

Was just in contact with movie world and the first announcement about the coaster should be on their website in a couple of weeks or days!

I thought you worked for DW or knew people who worked there? How scandalous, giving a DW employee/inside-man information about MW!

Edited by Santa07

17 hours ago, AlexB said:

I don't think we've ever seen a single construction topic on these boards take 123 pages before we have actual ride pieces installed.... thank god for something new to discuss.

Another 123 pages and we might get an announcement

5 hours ago, bladex said:

it's not one of them no newfangled monorails i've heard about?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDOI0cq6GZM

Edited by loki75

Skeet’s non-essential update. 

A few more containers have turned up on site today.

They are currently using this flatbed truck to move the supports they are installing from the compound to the coaster site.  Until they close the road into MW “I think” they will only be installing what can fit on the back of the truck because the truck is using the main road to get between the compound and the coaster site.  The temp fencing mob was around but I don’t know what they were up too.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.thumb.JPG.50198a56579b5d228d13c068e97b7d57.JPG

@SkeetaEven though you can be a salt merchant at times most times I must say you do post good stuff. Cheers for that!

6 minutes ago, themagician said:

Posted by TPSN

IMG_7488.thumb.JPG.6867b37b24ccb89a13ea19a55f8a541e.JPG

Interesting, next phase of construction, expect big cranes and higher supports/track?

Edited by Fultre

@Reanimated35 I thought it would be pretty obvious that this is the reason for GL closure (along with maintenance), since the rides envelope is right next to this new coaster, and there are a number of footings within the GL fencing. High cranes, installing coaster parts very close to another ride wouldn't be safe to operate.

• Richard changed the title to DC Rivals HyperCoaster construction discussion
  • joz locked this topic