DC Rivals HyperCoaster construction discussion

Richard

4 minutes ago, themagician said:

Imagine a coaster track walk like they do for AA. This coaster might be almost double the height of AA, so the view from the top of the lift hill would be even more amazing 

Double the height

Double the awesomeness of the views

Double the pain having to walk up that many stairs :P (although I found the Arkham climb wasn't nearly as exhausting as people made it out to be - still, climbing 60m is bound to tire even the fittest of people)

8 minutes ago, Santa07 said:

Double the height

Double the awesomeness of the views

Double the pain having to walk up that many stairs :P (although I found the Arkham climb wasn't nearly as exhausting as people made it out to be - still, climbing 60m is bound to tire even the fittest of people)

Good point, but, and I know this isn't as steep, but I've climbed the Sydney Harbour Bridge which is 134m and I didn't find that overly tiring at all.

19 hours ago, AlexB said:

I had that thought - the only thing i could think of was an extended downhill segment that had to cross over other track and therefore couldn't have supports.

I have no idea what is going on either side but from what I see I have the train going from right to left.

My thoughts are the A side of the support is always taking the direct force while the B side is to brace.

If it was running downhill A & B would be swapped around or rotated 90deg.

(My A is whatever side of the support has the largest diameter).

C I have an ass clench moment just finished and D you can now catch your breath.  (that is based on my direction of travel only).

How many more metres of track have we got to go?:D

ttttttttttttttttttttttttt.thumb.jpg.256e0233c6cb7a7d79d359057858d7f8.jpg

If it is a loop this might be the location.

Lift.thumb.JPG.114c10d7b84c509a18fb7954102ef70e.JPG

My A & B theory shows larger support on the outside.

58eedb30058a2_aandb.thumb.JPG.e03cd72551cf1ded5632497439c918a9.JPG

I would almost put money on it that wrong because I don't know the what's going on around it.

Edited by Skeeta

I'm at the fence now - a support very similar to the ones in the zero G roll is now up. Where it is placed, I can't imagine this being for a loop as there is limited room to turn away after. There are 2 support areas now at the front - a smaller group near the turnaround, and the larger ones right alongside the driveway arch. Pics when I get home from my SLR, here's a few from my fruit phone:

IMG_8270.JPG

IMG_8271.JPG

Edited by Glubbo

21 minutes ago, Glubbo said:

I'm at the fence now - a support very similar to the ones in the zero G roll is now up. Where it is placed, I can't imagine this being for a loop as there is limited room to turn away after. There are 2 support areas now at the front - a smaller group near the turnaround, and the larger ones right alongside the driveway arch. Pics when I get home from my SLR, here's a few from my fruit phone:

IMG_8270.JPG

IMG_8271.JPG

Wow! It's HUGE already! Defiantly looks to be the G roll 

This area where these supports are going, is around the area of where a couple footings are outside the fence, which I imagine would be a part of the coaster that is quite high up, and when you look on the nearmap image there aren't many close to them. So I'm still thinking at this stage it could be a loop.

Also appears there is even more track in the area now too. Maybe we will see a piece go up this afternoon, if not mid next week 

Edited by themagician

• Richard changed the title to DC Rivals HyperCoaster construction discussion
  • joz locked this topic