DC Rivals HyperCoaster construction discussion

Richard

15 minutes ago, themagician said:

I imagine it might be to do with the lift hills locations being so close to GL, and with it still being school holidays for some states, they don't want to close the ride when they can install other sections of the ride. It might also be because they don't need a massive crane just yet (or it might not be available yet) so they are starting with the lower sections of the track. So in conclusion, no idea.

Who do people think decides the order the track gets delivered in?

Much like when you put together your IKEA couch at home, the Hypercoaster probably comes with assembly steps and instructions :P

Would be interesting to know the construction order, but I'm assuming they would be focusing on the lower sections first as the taller sections of track require a crane, more workers ect. 

15 minutes ago, diesal11 said:

Much like when you put together your IKEA couch at home, the Hypercoaster probably comes with assembly steps and instructions :P

Would be interesting to know the construction order, but I'm assuming they would be focusing on the lower sections first as the taller sections of track require a crane, more workers ect. 

22 minutes ago, red dragin said:

Mack rides decides the order of delivery and construction.

The park would probably also have a say though, seeing that GL will need to be closed for the parts close to that, and they would want to do that out of peak season.

Edited by Santa07

4 hours ago, diesal11 said:

Construction is mainly dictated by access to the site. pieces will go in so long as they don't stop other pieces from going in. the higher parts will be later on in construction, but some high parts may have to go in earlier simply because of the difficulty of getting those pieces into position when others are already in position... if that makes sense...

3 hours ago, joz said:

I think before it opens they are likely to install another piece or two.  I'd expect that to be all though.

Thanks for the info☺

1 hour ago, Santa07 said:

Two more days until the MW team are officially drunk

Patience will get you far in life

And by in life I mean in rep

I feel like the pieces that have been put in place definitely make up an airtime hill

Lol i don't give a shit about my rep 😂

7 minutes ago, Ryande16 said:

Based off that last picture i wouldn't rule out an inverion like a heartline roll/ corkscrew of some sort.

53 minutes ago, XxMrYoshixX said:

17990313_1315189938562611_5774750796470522708_o.thumb.jpg.098a02ebe4108b10f13289dc3575ad11.jpg

Based off this? The only thing you could confidently rule out from that is that it's not the lift hill (unless your TPSN). 

7 hours ago, Brad2912 said:

Based off this? The only thing you could confidently rule out from that is that it's not the lift hill (unless your TPSN). 

Looking at the photo from a distance the far left support at the top looks like its angled a fair bit, which means the track would have twisted. But i was wrong and didn't know how to delete my comment.

I almost got the money shot this morning.   I was having my morning coffee when the construction crew just started to lift the track that connects to the temporally braced support when it started to rain.  They stopped the lift and I had ran out of time and had to go to work.

5 new containers were swapped over this morning and they opened the doors of 2 of the 5 doors while I was there.  Both containers were ½ loaded with Mack crates and 1 piece of track that sat on top of the crates in each container.

Edited by Skeeta

• Richard changed the title to DC Rivals HyperCoaster construction discussion
  • joz locked this topic