DC Rivals HyperCoaster construction discussion

Richard

35 minutes ago, rummy said:

@Glubbo I'm actually a little torn in that respect; I'd like an announcement that includes what the layout will be, but half the fun is watching construction take place and trying to guess what's being built! :lol:

Even with an announcement I doubt you will be told a layout.  You might learn what they are going to call it but would you really care if they called it The Pink Poodle?

9 minutes ago, rummy said:

Definitely agree about the turnaround looking like an approximate mirror of Flash's.

I'm thinking that I was wrong about guessing the turnaround to travel up like Flash's does: that vector off of the currently laid track looks an awful lot like it's heading towards the top to take it like a dive loop. Piece 78 has also been puzzling me a little - none of the dual-spine track on Flash's turnaround looks nearly as twisty. 

[snip]

58f9e3aee092f_flashturnaround.thumb.jpg.f4489558522901cece7b92f9e003c7d2.jpg

[snip]

I wasn't thinking dive loop, but since the current track is twisting right and climbing, it's quite a possibility!

58f9e8855f7aa_turnturnturnmirror.thumb.jpg.1662adfb59f22f668e56d69d99882f3d.jpg

Edited by Glubbo

28 minutes ago, Inverted said:

Current track is not in the turn around area.    The bottom of the hill where current track is would be the start of the turn around section.

I agree @Inverted. The current track is twisting right and climbing towards the turnaround, so possibly leading into the altered version of Flash I posted above. Also a very rushed hack job to visualise it in Planet Coaster. Looking north from the Top Golf/Entertainment Rd area back towards the MW carpark:

58f9f34885d1f_turnturnturnmirrorinPC.thumb.jpg.a2026b175d4d8e72ff48d4875ae331ff.jpg

Edited by Glubbo

3 minutes ago, Glubbo said:

I agree @Inverted. The current track is twisting right and climbing towards the turnaround, so possibly leading into the altered version of Flash I posted above. Also a very rushed hack job to visualise it in Plant Coaster. Looking north from the Top Golf/Entertainment Rd area back towards the MW carpark:

58f9f34885d1f_turnturnturnmirrorinPC.thumb.jpg.a2026b175d4d8e72ff48d4875ae331ff.jpg

My mistake.   Thought you were calling the current track part of the turn around. :) All good

14 hours ago, Theme Park Girl said:

For you @Skeeta...you don't need to steal this one haha 😜 And thus concludes TPG's rolling coverage of the Hypercoaster construction for today, as I am now home and have to head to work 😛😆👍

20170421_121949.thumb.jpg.549c404cd91315fd2bd91942b5dd9894.jpg

@LORD_Noodle I don't think Movie World has announced anything more specific than it just being a September opening. But I dare say they will probably aim for it to be ready to go for the school holiday period! 

Thx everyone for your reply @Theme Park Girl we will be up there for the September holidays so fingers crossed ..... and could you do me one last favour.... does anyone have a birds eye view of where the coaster is running.... can you pencil it onto this map 🙌🏻 Greatly appreciated 

IMG_1901.PNG

8 hours ago, jack.c said:

The guy who made that no limits layout is pretty accurate so far, as per the below screen shot of the section that is currently being constructed

IMG_4840.PNG

We have a topic where you can discuss people's design.   I think most people got this section right in @Richard comp. 

Forgot to upload this yesterday... here's a nice panorama of the coaster compound taken from the footpath next to Entertainment road. 

20170422_134922.thumb.jpg.e6dde6532b0da2a47407d7de9a493b87.jpg

You can see how much room there still is on the right hand side for turnaround of the coaster track, along with which footings are yet to have their supports installed. Still quite a bit of room there  👍

I used my NoLimits "park" to recreat the exact track and footings that are already in place so i can give you differently angled views on what we have so far. I also added a the parts of the layout that are now obvious from track and footings. In my opinion the dive turn around is set as the following element. As the previous element still a vertical loop would fit perfectly with the foundations (not in the screenshots yet).

screenshot-2017-04-22-09-12-57.png

screenshot-2017-04-22-09-12-44.png

screenshot-2017-04-22-09-13-12.png

screenshot-2017-04-22-09-21-04.png

layout1.JPG

7 minutes ago, Glubbo said:

So I'm a doofus. The Fence in the photos by @loki75 are new. The pics from @Theme Park Girl last year show the fence not up yet. "Movie World" and "Village" Fence Toppers it is.

Oh :lol: Well in that case, I really love the new fence toppers! Haha :) I would only assume they will continue this the whole way round. 

20 hours ago, docoaster said:

I used my NoLimits "park" to recreat the exact track and footings that are already in place so i can give you differently angled views on what we have so far. I also added a the parts of the layout that are now obvious from track and footings. In my opinion the dive turn around is set as the following element. As the previous element still a vertical loop would fit perfectly with the foundations (not in the screenshots yet).

screenshot-2017-04-22-09-12-57.png

screenshot-2017-04-22-09-12-44.png

screenshot-2017-04-22-09-13-12.png

screenshot-2017-04-22-09-21-04.png

layout1.JPG

Someone give this guy a raise (or, you know, a job in the first place.) Great work mate, keep it up!

I really like that photo @Adrian86, not only does it capture the top section going in, but it also really gives you a good perspective of what the coaster is going to look like driving into the park. Can't wait for the rest to go in! Poor GL and Superman will be just a tiny speck on the horizon once this is finished.

• Richard changed the title to DC Rivals HyperCoaster construction discussion
  • joz locked this topic