DC Rivals HyperCoaster construction discussion

Richard

8 minutes ago, thunder001 said:

We have used the knuckle boom from Skyreach in the past, think they have units up to 30m, so I would say 24 - 26m at the top of the turn...at a guess.

You sure about that? 

Looks at least 30

9 minutes ago, bladex said:

now i know why they built that part 1st. that's the highest point in the coaster they wanted to show off how high it was going to be really early.

Retard alert 😂

Sorry mate but c'mon you can't be serious? 

Edited by Ryande16

13 minutes ago, bladex said:

now i know why they built that part 1st. that's the highest point in the coaster they wanted to show off how high it was going to be really early.

I think what the uncouth uneducated moron above me is trying to say is since we've pretty well established that this isn't a launch coaster, the highest point would have to be the lift hill, as gravity needs to power the rest of the way...

In other words - there are higher points than this to come.

11 minutes ago, AlexB said:

I think what the uncouth uneducated moron above me is trying to say is since we've pretty well established that this isn't a launch coaster, the highest point would have to be the lift hill, as gravity needs to power the rest of the way...

In other words - there are higher points than this to come.

Why waste time typing a paragraph when you can sum up his post in 2 words?

1 hour ago, Santa07 said:

Can someone who's been to the site since it's been topped off confirm if it's an overbank or not? (i.e. it banks more than 90˚)

Zooming in on the spline in the portrait-orientated photo @Theme Park Girl took, and the "lowering into position" photo @pushbutton took a page back, I'm going to say not overbanked. But I'm looking forward to seeing the completed section in high rez.

Edited by Glubbo

Looks awesome. And it does look to be about 25-30 metres tall, which in perspective, GL and AA are both around 33 metres tall. Crazy to think that this one part of the coaster, which is around half way through the course will almost reach the same height of the lift hills of two of the coaster already at the park 

Edited by themagician

2 hours ago, pushbutton said:

Redboost. Having felt the agony of leaving the Gold Coast at the end of my holidays, knowing I wouldn't be back for anything up to a year each time (until I finally moved here 2 years ago), I know the pain!

Maybe you'll have to do what I did.

I read somewhere a few months back that apartments could be bought from as low as $100k but the killer is the strata fees - $25k and up a year!! That's almost half my annual income!! So yeah, we just go up there every year instead. Gives us something to look forward to each year. Its a case of too much of a good thing....  

23 minutes ago, Reanimated35 said:

Where did anyone come to the conclusion that is getting called "The Joker"?

Batman will not be happy with that. 

Maybe it's MW plan for us to advertise it for them.   The more we talk about it increases the chances papers like the bulletin will run an article on it and it doesn’t cost MW a cent.

• Richard changed the title to DC Rivals HyperCoaster construction discussion
  • joz locked this topic