DC Rivals HyperCoaster construction discussion

Richard

41 minutes ago, themagician said:

More part arrived 

And another crane has just entered the coasters site 

Also, some track has been moved into the brake run/station area 

Thanks for the quick update!

7 minutes ago, djrappa said:

Nice to see the GCB effectively lifting a story from this site once again and failing to give credit once again. 

I just don't understand why they can't give credit where credit is due. It's not like we will steal their core readership...

A couple of other view of the track from Tuesday...also I noticed the track near the station as well so tried to get some more view and noticed what I can only assume to be some sort of mounting bracket (maybe services) on the side of the track...thoughts?

Also does anyone recall if we were able to get a picture of the number of the track leading to the "loop" end of the installed section...trying to put the pieces together now that I have pictures of most of the track numbers onsite Tuesday...

Thanks

IMG_1223.JPG

IMG_1217.JPG

IMG_1219.JPG

IMG_1197.JPG

9 minutes ago, thunder001 said:

A couple of other view of the track from Tuesday...also I noticed the track near the station as well so tried to get some more view and noticed what I can only assume to be some sort of mounting bracket (maybe services) on the side of the track...thoughts?

IMG_1223.JPG

The best way to answer you is paste what Richard said in his update.

" These straight sections feature side brackets that will likely support a catwalk along the ride's final brake run. There are also mounting brackets for fixed magnetic brakes on the top of the right section of track. The left section meanwhile has an indent that will likely create room for friction brakes."

1 hour ago, thunder001 said:

Also does anyone recall if we were able to get a picture of the number of the track leading to the "loop" end of the installed section...trying to put the pieces together now that I have pictures of most of the track numbers onsite Tuesday...

I wasn't able to spot the actual numbers of the last pieces but I've kept track from the pieces I do know the numbers of. Currently installed track starts at #49, ends at #61.

brad2912-labled.thumb.jpg.6b44885f8133c2066ee3e031f05b30aa.jpg
Photo: @Brad2912

tpg-labled.thumb.jpg.95d55959f3060bbea84922426a3659a7.jpg
Photo: @Theme Park Girl

Any chance we could see a few of those piece number photos? :P I think I may have found something interesting happening with pieces 105 & 106, adjacent pieces may reveal more information.

Sorry @rummy but agree with @Skeeta on this one, would rather stay where the construction is for now (although if i find those pics will send via PM).

So with 61 being the last piece installed heading into the turn around area, that would explain the large reinforced spine on some of the track parts starting from piece 66 through to piece 72, back to standard spine for parts 73 & 74 and then back to the large spine up to piece 78 and then I loose the parts through to part 81 which is back to the standard spine size.

I was thinking originally that this section of track may have been a loop, however it is looking more likely it is the turnaround point similar to that on Flash as most suspected. 

Also I thought I could see the number "129" on the "brake run" track piece photo from earlier...does this match up with how long we thought the track was going to be for this ride?

35 minutes ago, themagician said:

There is also a crane still in the carpark lifting out pieces from shipping containers 

They are using the same white crane in the car park that was used last week during the instalment of the first element.  The smaller more mobile crane previous purposed for this job is installing the track near the brake run.  I’m taking a guess here that it would be easier for the smaller crane to get to the back of the coaster.

3 minutes ago, thunder001 said:

Also I thought I could see the number "129" on the "brake run" track piece photo from earlier...does this match up with how long we thought the track was going to be for this ride?

The total track length is 1370m and my prediction was we will see “at least” 137 pieces of track because I believe Mack Rides track segments don't exceed 10m for shipping reasons.  (This does not include the track to the maintenance bay).

3 hours ago, rummy said:

Any chance we could see a few of those piece number photos? :P I think I may have found something interesting happening with pieces 105 & 106, adjacent pieces may reveal more information.

Think you might like the piece in the distance of this pic, it shows 106 (sort of), but also what looks like either 108 or 109?\

IMG_1177.JPG

12 minutes ago, thunder001 said:

As @Skeeta has said, each piece is said by Mack to be 10m of track length (Page 28 "Final Assembly") Then 137 pieces would make it up to 1370m of track, so this coaster will be 4493 feet long.

Just some perspective for you, Flash is 4,176.5 feet long, so we are getting a longer coaster here. A good coaster to compare to is the shortest B&M hyper Goliath at SFoG which is 4,480ft long.

You could say I'm pretty hyped for this hyper.

I don’t understand people uploading a video of a B&M coaster and say it is comparable to a Mack coaster.  Why can't people just say it's 98 metres longer than Mack Rides other Hyper Coaster.   Talking about one ride and putting up a video of another is something the Gold Coast Bulletin does.

:rolleyes:

I didn't know the rules were so strict as to what can and can't be posted. 

It's a coaster of similar length and height built for a similar reason. Of course the actual ride is going to be more similar to Mack's other hyper but there's only one of them in the world to compare to.

I put it up a length comparison, as that's what we were talking about, not a layout comparison. Just trying to showcase the actual scale of this thing being built. Goliath has a ride time of over 2 minutes if you include the lift hill. The Mack will likely traverse its layout faster but it just gives you more of an idea of how massive this thing is.

6 minutes ago, Theme Park Girl said:

Latest piccies ☺️

20170428_112536.thumb.jpg.767fcc8937330918c4e4c7c0bb34475b.jpg

20170428_112540.thumb.jpg.8b30e83e1c689e5b3a3d63c93be6793d.jpg

20170428_112556.thumb.jpg.57eeb7f31fe1ab273282349d2e560a69.jpg

20170428_113132.thumb.jpg.49d73539d83066848e7a2dfe4eb5e6e0.jpg

20170428_113247.thumb.jpg.2932836769b6d3fe7eec31b803d995e4.jpg

20170428_112727.thumb.jpg.2d78554728648f58b1174b755e21c72c.jpg

They're currently working down the end near the Topgolf compound. Also got to say a brief hello to one of the Mack officials who was standing nearby, and compliment them on their handiwork haha ☺️👍

Great photos! Really looking good! Did you manage to ask any questions for the Mack dude?

4 minutes ago, jack.c said:

Great photos! Really looking good! Did you manage to ask any questions for the Mack dude?

Haha nah sorry, as tempting as it was (and as it always is whenever I've had a brief discussion with any of the construction workers) I always bite my tongue. Chances are they aren't gonna tell me much anyway - I wish 😂

Just now, Theme Park Girl said:

Haha nah sorry, as tempting as it was (and as it always is whenever I've had a brief discussion with any of the construction workers) I always bite my tongue. Chances are they aren't gonna tell me much anyway - I wish 😂

You should next time have a nice casual convo then quickly ask "what's the name me this ride again?" and trick them into telling you 😝😝

no but really thanks for all the great photos. I follow your Facebook page and it's great we have someone down there regularly giving us constructions updates. It's much appreciated! 

Just for those who don't live locally can get even more of an idea how huge this thing is IRL, this is the new view of MW from the other side of the M1 lol... 

20170428_131753.thumb.jpg.8955cb082cafe9d5cb440073038757c3.jpg

Oh, I could also see that they were lifting another track part up with the crane as we were driving into on the M1. So should be even more track progress to share for whomever gets the next lot of photos ☺️

23 minutes ago, Theme Park Girl said:

Just for those who don't live locally can get even more of an idea how huge this thing is IRL, this is the new view of MW from the other side of the M1 lol... 

20170428_131753.thumb.jpg.8955cb082cafe9d5cb440073038757c3.jpg

You can also see if as you are coming along the M1 from about oxenford exit. And once the lift hill is constructed, you'll see it from even further away

• Richard changed the title to DC Rivals HyperCoaster construction discussion
  • joz locked this topic