DC Rivals HyperCoaster construction discussion

Richard

13 minutes ago, themagician said:

Saw these on my way home this evening and wasn't sure if they were there yesterday or not. So now we know they will be doing work over the weekends. Some of these are quite low under the latest pieces of track, unless they haven't been completed yet.

I wouldn't say they're doing work over the weekends just yet - it may just be on Saturdays. Construction workers have weird schedules :P . Some crews work on Saturdays (often in the morning only) and then might take another day of the week off (perhaps Monday or Friday afternoon). With Monday being a public holiday (why all the holidays now? :( ) we probably won't see any work until Tuesday now, but I could be wrong.

I really do hope that it the things that have been said about the details aren't allowed to be released until after May 1 (and for what ever reason that may be), MW instantly take the opportunity to announce it as soon as possible. Ideally (hopefully) they announce it next week, if not, by the end of the month.

15 hours ago, ThemeTendo said:

DSCN7232.thumb.JPG.aee1511964162bb9cd5850cd984ed126.JPG

Also thinking, in regards to some workers working on the weekend, and these supports going in. The main large crane operator didn't work, so the workers and smaller crane operator did, so they put all these lower support sin place, and then the next pieces in which go on top will get put in place Tuesday. We could probably see this section of track pieces completed by the end of next week.

3 hours ago, LORD_Noodle said:

Looking awesome..... I've been showing the wife and kids the progress up until I seen the last photo where it banks out sideways.... I think I'll keep that to myself 👍👌

If that's in an effort to not scare the wife and kids before they ride it, good luck with that. It's got a lot 'scarier' elements to come... ;)

Edited by Glubbo

7 minutes ago, Glubbo said:

If that's in an effort to not scare the wife and kids before they ride it, good luck with that. It's got a lot 'scarier' elements to come... ;)

Haha can't wait I'll probably be the one shitting myself in line.... but once I've done it I'd be back in line to do it again 😁 But we have noted since last time we went up not to go skydiving before going to a theme park 👍

Sexy ASF 😍😍😍😍

- from TPSN 

IMG_5407.JPG

Also, so far this coaster resembles no similarities to the Flash Coaster in China I feel. The picture I posted above for example, that element does not exist on Flash and neither does that Stegnel dive? Happy to be proven wrong. 

28 minutes ago, jack.c said:

Sexy ASF 😍😍😍😍

- from TPSN 

IMG_5407.JPG

Also, so far this coaster resembles no similarities to the Flash Coaster in China I feel. The picture I posted above for example, that element does not exist on Flash and neither does that Stegnel dive? Happy to be proven wrong. 

The element currently being built will be very similar to Flash's turnaround (pretty much identical - just probably in reverse). It also does contain a stengnel dive.

21 minutes ago, Santa07 said:

The element currently being built will be very similar to Flash's turnaround (pretty much identical - just probably in reverse). It also does contain a stengnel dive.

I really don't see the similarities though? The steg is turning much more right where as flash it's going in a straight line almost  

Actually - yes I see in the turn around on flash is opposite to our one. The dive still looks very different though 

1 hour ago, jack.c said:

From the little that we've seen so far I think we'll be getting a rather different ride experience to Flash - possibly towards the intenser end of the spectrum of Mack rides. Take the turnarounds for instance:

5906e843c1525_flashturnaround2.thumb.png.dda9be760916f3b7b5bbf1c335361b53.png
Photo taken from rcdb

5906e84735366_turnaround-themetendo.thumb.JPG.6648ada5879d2787b8952d245c837d3a.JPG
Photo: @ThemeTendo

Aside from the obvious difference in direction, Flash's turnaround has a very smooth, gradual twist out of the turn. In contrast, the track placed so far at Movieworld performs a quick airtime pop into a very sudden twist. Flash's turnaround also leads into a floaty zero-g roll whereas the supports indicate this turnaround will lead into some high-pace twists and turns at its base.

I think at this stage comparisons to Flash can only give a very basic idea of what to expect - they may be similar lengths and height but they're looking like substantially different coasters in execution. Suffice to say, the more I see of this coaster the more excited I get :D

2 hours ago, AllegroCrab said:

It's a custom layout, there are going to be some unique elements instead of just copying/pasting bits from flash.

I think our version is going to be much more exciting!

Edited by jack.c

Here's a few pictures I took this afternoon

IMG_7614.thumb.JPG.41217f2340d9137a3ddcc6afc5ff0bca.JPG

IMG_7616.thumb.JPG.de6e818578dee8b21d6672b912cb277d.JPG

IMG_7617.thumb.JPG.6b1797951b4c39128804c0d56e562d21.JPG

IMG_7618.thumb.JPG.67c3fb1ed72d5844abe18dd6d34e13a1.JPG

IMG_7622.thumb.JPG.3f717894ea2456e74884686b758e73f2.JPG

IMG_7626.thumb.JPG.9ef026dedc17a8115b8a990e6eb0bd1e.JPG

IMG_7628.thumb.JPG.5f97a69fd7c3c522c5771f43133bede4.JPG

IMG_7629.thumb.JPG.4ee84e79cf78ba7a35e7b5487c72fe55.JPG

Will also add that while I was taking these pictures, I witnessed a lady during the wrong way out of MW, and into on coming traffic. Thankfully no accident happened, and as she passed under the MW sign she turned around and went back the other way. Idiot. And there is even a massive sign saying not to go out that way

Movie World's coaster from everything I've heard is very different to Flash.  It might hit a lot of the same notes, but the order is totally different, and there are a couple BIG awesome changes that I've not seen anyone even guess so far.  The rides aren't clones, I've decided that they are best described as 'siblings'.  Certainly a pretty strong family resemblance but also unique personalities.  While I'm sure it'll be a thing people will debate, I'll say that I think what we're getting is way better, even without that delicious looking camel back between the Stengel Dive and the turn around on Flash.

I'm trying to not get too hyped because that's how disappointment happens, but it's hard to envision it being anything other than awesome.  I don't think it'll beat Superman in terms of execution because that ride is about as perfectly executed a coaster as you could wish for, despite it's few flaws, and nothing on the rumour mill is filling me with confidence about this coaster's theme or placement in the park.  In terms of pure roller coaster though, this should be the pretty clear winner, and I honestly can't wait.

14 minutes ago, joz said:

Movie World's coaster from everything I've heard is very different to Flash.  It might hit a lot of the same notes, but the order is totally different, and there are a couple BIG awesome changes that I've not seen anyone even guess so far.  The rides aren't clones, I've decided that they are best described as 'siblings'.  Certainly a pretty strong family resemblance but also unique personalities.  While I'm sure it'll be a thing people will debate, I'll say that I think what we're getting is way better, even without that delicious looking camel back between the Stengel Dive and the turn around on Flash.

I'm trying to not get too hyped because that's how disappointment happens, but it's hard to envision it being anything other than awesome.  I don't think it'll beat Superman in terms of execution because that ride is about as perfectly executed a coaster as you could wish for, despite it's few flaws, and nothing on the rumour mill is filling me with confidence about this coaster's theme or placement in the park.  In terms of pure roller coaster though, this should be the pretty clear winner, and I honestly can't wait.

Why are you not able to share any information about the elements this ride may feature? 

@joz could it be said that, they have taken the Flash coaster and have improved on it, and made it work for the site?

Superman is an awesome coaster, and was really does nail it is the pre-launch story. And obviously it's launch is awesome. But I hope this new coaster is just as good, even if it doesn't have a pre-show. I think it's safe to say it will be awesome, and unlike anything the majority of us have ridden before.

• Richard changed the title to DC Rivals HyperCoaster construction discussion
  • joz locked this topic