DC Rivals HyperCoaster construction discussion

Richard

4 minutes ago, Santa07 said:

I certainly hope not, I doubt the G-forces would be unsafe, the only reason they would be added would be to tone down the ride a bit but surely Movie World would want to make the experience as extreme as they can.

Keep in mind DC Rivals will only pull a max of 4.3 Gs. Abyss pulls up to 4.5Gs so this will not be the most intense ride in terms of G force. However it will beat Superman Escape by 0.1 Gs.

Edited by Tim Dasco

11 minutes ago, Tim Dasco said:

Keep in mind DC Rivals will only pull a max of 4.3 Gs. Abyss pulls up to 4.5Gs so this will not be the most intense ride in terms of G force. However it will beat Superman Escape by 0.1 Gs.

This would probably have stronger negative G-forces than Abyss though right? Superman pulls -1G, and I would think this would be similar.

EDIT: woo 2000th post

Edited by Santa07

14 minutes ago, Santa07 said:

This would probably have stronger negative G-forces than Abyss though right? Superman pulls -1G, and I would think this would be similar.

EDIT: woo 2000th post

Abyss goes to -1 G force also. But you should get some decant air time on that hill. (For DC Rivals)

Edited by Tim Dasco

Congratulations @Santa07.  

@SHOOKETH it wasn't funny the first time and stil isn't funny but I appreciate your enthusiasm, ;).  Oh and it's spelt shocked :lol:

38 minutes ago, SHOOKETH said:

Just want to say a huge thank you for everyone who has been updating on the construction. Like many others I live in another state and there are only a limited amount  weekends trips to the Gold Coast that I can take to see it in person. 

Edited by TomiJ
Some of this post was unnecessary, so I deleted it.

Thanks for the update @crowd. Love that airtime hill, and great to see the first lift hill pieces have arrived.

@jack.c The top of the BuzzSaw is about 46 metres high, while the Rivals NIL is 40 metres high. They aren't the same style because BS goes upside down, and the inversion is angled down, while Rivals is basically straight.

• The first non inverting loop in the Southern Hemisphere reaching 40 metres high

http://movieworld.com.au/rides-and-attractions/thrill-rides/dc-rivals-hypercoaster.aspx

Buzzsaw 46 metres...

https://www.dreamworld.com.au/rides/thrill-rides/buzzsaw

Of interest is DW refers to Buzzsaw as "The BuzzSaw is the highest inversion ride experience in the Southern Hemisphere"...  Guess they can keep that going :) 

Edited by MaxxTheMonster

Driving past it on the highway this morning, it doesn't look taller. But as you can see in these two images, depending on where you stand, makes it look smaller or taller. Happy to be wrong though.

4 hours ago, crowd said:

IMG_2137.JPG

IMG_2140.JPG

EDIT: Looking at this render of the ride, yes it is taller.

IMG_0085.thumb.JPG.2e2e9c025b40670c40e780bac7fce71f.JPG

Edited by themagician

• joz locked this topic