DC Rivals HyperCoaster construction discussion

Richard

12 minutes ago, themagician said:

IMG_0218.thumb.JPG.eda31d27099cbe17484639d4818314ce.JPG

Looks like they are starting to add capitals to all the fence columns.

When do people think the Joker head will be added to the lift hill?   Will it be while this larger crane is on site and if so will MW cover it up?

Edited by Skeeta

Well the final piece of track is scheduled to be installed on Thursday, and I'd say they will install the Joker head while they have this massive crane on site, otherwise they will have to get it back (That's if the Joker head has arrived on site). So maybe we could see it installed on Friday. And I doubt they would cover it up.

1. I did say "some" of what they say can be relied upon - for example when they told me when they planned to lift the first piece, etc
  2. We also discussed at the time that these riggers and steel workers aren't coaster enthusiasts. I don't think 'inversion' was the term used, i think it was 'loop' and there are several elements that the lay-person would mis-interpret looking at plans etc.

As for dates planned \ scheduled for lifting, especially those within the next week or two, these guys would know this info because it would already be on their roster - therefore this info is likely to be more reliable than "this thing that hasn't even gone vertical yet is going to go upside 60 times."

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, themagician said:

That has only taken them about 2 hours from it being on the ground, to that. Wow, that's incredible, and can't believe how tall it is. WOW.

If you haven't seen a crane go up before, I suppose it is kind of Wow. Thing to remember is these things are built to be mobile (if you need a fixed crane, you get a fixed crane), and mobile cranes are only earning money when they're working - so set up and pack up needs to be as (safely) quick as possible.

Depending on the size\model, some need accessories (like boom components or outriggers) removed before they can travel on-road, but all the power comes from the truck\crawler unit at the bottom - so it's a matter of just connecting the pieces together when it gets on site, and then raising the boom. It's awesome to watch.

What's not awesome is when these monsters are still on the highway during morning peak hour! (depending on the tonnage, etc - some of these can only do 65-80kph - and some even slower than that)

13 hours ago, Reanimated35 said:

Sorry guys that discussion was going on too long. (You know who you are)

This is a shot that we hadn't seen posted before. Obviously construction has progressed a lot since then. 

img_3469.thumb.jpg.6983ee50bd64d2417d20d3ae38e08196.jpg

Cool shot! Do you have the original link? Looks like a 360 photo or something that might be fun to checkout.

• Like 1

My update for the morning.

As you can see the next lot of track is being lifted in, before the final support is installed. Stairs have also have begun to be installed on the lift hill

IMG_1405.thumb.JPG.c9ae9f3d1f9f87883726c03ac19d5ad3.JPG

IMG_1406.thumb.JPG.6e61951a0a29ea5feb810d47c7ff44e1.JPG

IMG_1410.thumb.JPG.2f6f835719b2da01861cb01c48f5ff69.JPG

And the metal piping that's been at the back of the carpark for months, has just been loaded into a truck, and moving to Top Golf 

• Like 4

• joz locked this topic