DC Rivals HyperCoaster construction discussion

Richard

2 hours ago, HussRainbow87 said:

Is it just me, or does anyone else wish the TOP GOLF site was kept for more rides/coaster at MW?

Not particularly. The sooner our Parks become activity/precinct hubs outside their regular operating hours and start generating additional revenue streams, the sooner we'll see increased capital expenditure in response to the increased visitor numbers and avg. spend. 

I think Top Golf is going to be a massive success for VTP. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Brad2912 said:

Not particularly. The sooner our Parks become activity/precinct hubs outside their regular operating hours and start generating additional revenue streams, the sooner we'll see increased capital expenditure in response to the increased visitor numbers and avg. spend. 

Don't forget the employment opportunities for the local residents I'm sure there will be quite a large number of positions to fill at top golf 🏌 👍

26 minutes ago, Brad2912 said:

So long as the theme park remains their core priority in the area - you don't want some 'add-on' attraction becoming the main event and draining all the money AWAY from the theme parks...

31 minutes ago, Brad2912 said:

Do other parks do this though? Just a question, I haven't visted any in the states, but are they primary just focussed on events that involve the park, or do they feature other activities.

The thing is, after a huge retail bricks & mortar downturn at the start of the decade, major shopping centres have been punching back (and have been hugely successful) with new fit-outs that are very high-end, introducing new food & entertainment precincts and shifting brands like Westfield & Pac Fair away from shopping brands and turning them into lifestyle brands.

The parks already have the keys to the castle, figuratively speaking. They have a captive audience who are super passionate (certainly way more passionate about parks than people are about shopping centres) about these psuedo-lifestyle brands that have been around for decades. They just need to spend the money to create a comparable product that's seen outside of the theme park industry, and people will rock up in droves. Disney certainly get this more then anyone, hence why they've got a bajillion food options at their parks (they even posted a video on Facebook today about cool foods at Disneyland for under $5 and there's tons of options) & position themselves as much as a lifestyle brand as much as possible (don't forget, lifestyle brands say way more merch, too.)

This is the secret sauce for Top Golf. It taps into the booming Gen-X/Y leisure scene and has all the trimmings of a quality experience that could stand on its own two feet. So that being said, take the new areas of Pac Fair & Westfield Chermside and rip the best parts of them to get passholders spending more. That area outside of Dreamworld Parkway / Lego Store could be so brilliant with a classy retro fit-out, heaps of licensed drink & unique food, plenty of shade and places to relax and of course extended trade.

2 minutes ago, HussRainbow87 said:

Do other parks do this though? Just a question, I haven't visted any in the states, but are they primary just focussed on events that involve the park, or do they feature other activities.

Money spent on getting you through the gates might just get you to break even. The real money is in hotels & resorts (hence why Wanda Group is bailing from parks and focussing on hotels), unique premium experiences, pre & post dining and entertainment areas (Universal Citywalk) and of course, in-park food & merch. This is why Disney spends so much time getting Merch right and goes as far as to literally pump the scent of Churros down their Main Streets.

• Like 4

16 hours ago, HussRainbow87 said:

They definitely do. I've been to both Umiversal Studios Japan and Singapore, and both were situated in areas which provide plenty of other activities. Singapore does this even more so as it is set on Sentosa Island, and along with Universal Studios, there is a water park, golf course, aquarium, tonnes of shopping and restaurant areas, a hotel, and tonnes more. The one in Japan is set within a shopping area, which tonnes of cool quirky places, and massive crowds form in the area, as it's in the lead up between the train and the park.

We won't be able to do this type of scale of thing here, but VRTP are heading in the right direction. We've already got a major theme park, a water park, farm/zoo and an evening show. And soon Top Golf. It may not appeal to everyone, and im not a massive fan of golf, but I'll definitely be doing this. And I'm sure tonnes more people will too. And the connection bridge from MW to this area will entice people who are leaving the park to head over to TG or AOS

Crane just been lifting up some additional parts (Couldn't tell what they were) to the top of the lift hill. Still no sign of the Joker head, but it could be hidden under the shelters. GL is reopening on Saturday, so its going to be installed over the next couple of days. Plenty of trucks are beginning to remove some of the waste in the carpark, and soil and gravel is being moved and placed around the NIL area.

IMG_0273.thumb.JPG.a83efcdeb4532716ce206e557468828c.JPG

IMG_1433.thumb.JPG.af011bde1728f69b0fe4781c2c0b49d7.JPG

• Like 4

Cheers for the update, @themagician. Was considering doing a quick visit over lunch to see if the Joker head had been installed yet,  but clearly they are still busy getting other important things done before finishing with the aesthetics side!

We will all have to keep a close eye out for the 'crowning moment' over the next day or so 😁

8 minutes ago, Ryande16 said:

Quick question are those 89 dollar vip passes on parkz home page legit or is it a scam?

Nah @Richard is a bloody con artist and just wants to scam people out of their money. He then throws lavish parties in the Bahamas for himself and all the admin team. 

The 'Parkz crew' members get treated to a bunch of selfies from their holidays and parties where each of them holds up a sign saying "thanks Ryande16 for the holiday" as one of the membership perks. 

Edited by Reanimated35

• joz locked this topic