DC Rivals HyperCoaster construction discussion

Richard

4 minutes ago, themagician said:

Large crane isn't in use currently,  still no signs of the Joker head and last support is yet to be installed. Two smaller cranes have arrived and have begun dismantling the two shelters, as well as removing some of the rubbish across the site.

Has the larger crane been removed from site?

19 minutes ago, Brad2912 said:

i don't think it's an issue of cheaper... it would have been cheaper to put it up now while the crane was on site. 

But if the face is not ready, then it is cheaper to remove and return. They'd be paying for the crane everyday it's on site, working or not, as it could be elsewhere making its owner money. 

There is a reason Uplift Cranes owns and operates 3 top fuel dragsters in Australia plus one in the USA. 

Edited by red dragin
  • Like 3

I'm not sure why anyone things the construction is planned AROUND marketing, that's really not how it works. 

The joker face is a theming element. It has zero to do with Mack's construction and would not even be part of that timeline. It will be ready when whoever is building it finishes and then they'll put it up. 

Kind of as simple as that. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, djrappa said:

I'm not sure why anyone things the construction is planned AROUND marketing, that's really not how it works. 

The joker face is a theming element. It has zero to do with Mack's construction and would not even be part of that timeline. It will be ready when whoever is building it finishes and then they'll put it up. 

Kind of as simple as that. 

The coaster itself being on the highway is marketing enough 👍

37 minutes ago, Gazza said:

I reckon DC rivals will still go higher.

TOT2 is 100m drop / 115m high, but in practice it only launches halfway up.....Do the sums.

https://youtu.be/hRyv6b_mGzU

The thing is, is it really halfway up? Perspective can be a funny thing.

I made this up quickly to see if it really does go halfway.

I screen-shotted part of that video, and drew a red line from about where the base of the tower is (this isn't exact of course but it would be close enough for this purpose) to where the ToT track ends (115m). Green dot is where the car is sitting.

75zNEzy.png

Now let's remove the image.

1jYlRcy.png

Basic measurements show me that the height of the "tower" is about 360px, and the distance between the bottom and the green dot is about 240px. Which means the car does make it up 2/3 of the tower, i.e ~76m.

DC Rivals might have a longer drop though, I'm not entirely sure since ToT's track is elevated a bit, but it's certainly not taller in height.

Edited by Santa07

• joz locked this topic