DC Rivals HyperCoaster construction discussion

Richard

1 minute ago, themagician said:

Legit an hour ago I assumed it wouldn't start testing for a few weeks lmao. I'm shocked they're testing it so soon! It sounds amazing. Obviously once the train has worn itself in more, it'll move faster. Seems a little slow at the moment. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Santa07 said:

Wow! Speechless at the moment.

I agree with @jack.c, it does look a little sluggish at the moment, especially around the Stengel dive. I'm sure it'll be moving a lot faster pretty soon once the trains and track have been worn in a bit.

Nah why wait? 

We just need an "Andrew Thomas", "James Taylor", or "Andy Fletcher" to visit the park. 

4 hours ago, Santa07 said:

Wow! Speechless at the moment.

I agree with @jack.c, it does look a little sluggish at the moment, especially around the Stengel dive. I'm sure it'll be moving a lot faster pretty soon once the trains and track have been worn in a bit.

Not to mention the 2000kg+ weight a full load of passengers adds. 

• Like 1

Remover it will always be slow at first as they use certain wheels to make the ride run slower and thy will slowly change the wheel types to make the ride run faster.

So some Mack officials have apparently been seen riding DC Rivals. Which is very quick. I thought they did like 2000 cycles before humans were aloud on.

1 hour ago, Tim Dasco said:

Remover it will always be slow at first as they use certain wheels to make the ride run slower and thy will slowly change the wheel types to make the ride run faster.

So some Mack officials have apparently been seen riding DC Rivals. Which is very quick. I thought they did like 2000 cycles before humans were aloud on.

Really? I really don't think that's true (Mack officials riding) especially on day one of testing. 

2 hours ago, Reanimated35 said:

Good spot.

Now we just await @Slick's video...

Capture.thumb.JPG.c2ef7dc98c8d19e0991940a8e1337d74.JPG

Either that or Mack were capturing their own footage like they do with all of their coasters. 

Edit: another test but with no water https://instagram.com/p/BX9y19qgZXH/

Edited by jack.c

Another video, courtesy of MW (explains the drone too ;) ). I like how the HWSD explosion goes off in the last shot :P 

Super-jealous of the guys who were riding. Looking at some of the videos taken this afternoon, the coaster looks like it's going a lot faster already. It zooms through the NI loop, that thing's going to be crazy and it's only going to get faster from here on in (unless they need to trim it).

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Santa07 said:

Another video, courtesy of MW (explains the drone too ;) ). I like how the HWSD explosion goes off in the last shot :P 

Super-jealous of the guys who were riding. Looking at some of the videos taken this afternoon, the coaster looks like it's going a lot faster already. It zooms through the NI loop, that thing's going to be crazy and it's only going to get faster from here on in (unless they need to trim it).

What other videos?

• joz locked this topic