DC Rivals HyperCoaster construction discussion

Richard

1 minute ago, Brad2912 said:

Makes sense to aim for the school holidays, I just think they missed the uplift by not having publicised it to encourage interstate tourists (or started construction 2 weeks earlier so the 'safe' target was always the start of the holidays with potentially to open earlier) 

Makes sense not tell anybody unless they are 100% sure it's ready.

There's 2 flatbed semi trailers being unloaded atm, both with steel framework, visually different from the ride's supports. I can't make out Joker on either of them. 

Possibly for queue, theming or the bridge ?

Its Logan Steel doing the job here.

FruitPhone only today..

I wonder if Andrew could grab me one of the few dozen empty 'Mack' crates? 😜 I jest, but MW if you're reading this, fans would love these to be given away.

IMG_8940.JPG

[edit - addition]

3 trailer loads and counting. Occasional pieces looked right to affix to the mounting points at the top of the hill. Polite conversation with a guy onsite reveals it is Joker! No other pics will help as it's just grey angular steelwork at this point.

Assembly over the next few days (lighting etc to go in too).

Edited by Glubbo
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Glubbo said:

Grabbed a coffee and went to my car to leave - parked near the fence. Just as I was loading up, I hear a 2 second horn blast. Yep, they cycled Rivals! Got a video but it's just the same as others already in this thread. 

Guess the horn is to warn workers onsite.

EDIT / 3rd cycle as I type! 

IMG_8976.JPG

IMG_8977.JPG

IMG_8978.JPG

Tbh I'd still like to see the video you have. 

The thing is FLYING around the course. At this rate it may get trimmed, but even if it did it's not going to matter with how fast it is running, plus being magnetic brakes you'll barely even notice.

I'd say this one is gonna be a winner lads!

Assuming the weather holds out (storm Thursday, showers on the weekend?), I can't see why a soft opening in the middle of September couldn't happen.

One of my vids of this thing in action is being processed in YouTube atm. Link shortly. I really wished FTTP NBN was on in my suburb!

Edited by Glubbo
  • Like 2

Really extatic at the progress of construction of this beast. I need to book a holiday to GC asap!! :D 

i really love the loop, though am thinking that they have missed an opportunity here regarding theming. With the big gaping hole, I think it would of been awesome for them to somehow bolt on a big giant jokers head here... maybe one that spins clock and counter-clockwise, emphasizing the craziness of the joker. 

I think this would give it a similar affect as the sun (previously mickeys head) does on California screaming at Disneyland. 

It would enhance photo ops of the coaster.. Imagine seeing that driving by movie world during day or lit up at night! :) 

• Like 1

I personally think having a good joker head within the loop would've over done it.  The one at the top of the lift hill is perfect, any more than that would make it seem like it was a joker coaster, which it isn't really. And any coasters I've seen with theming throughout the track (particularly the some of the coasters at SixFlags) look tacky. Much prefer just vegetation as they are doing now 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, cheski said:

Really extatic at the progress of construction of this beast. I need to book a holiday to GC asap!! :D 

i really love the loop, though am thinking that they have missed an opportunity here regarding theming. With the big gaping hole, I think it would of been awesome for them to somehow bolt on a big giant jokers head here... maybe one that spins clock and counter-clockwise, emphasizing the craziness of the joker. 

I think this would give it a similar affect as the sun (previously mickeys head) does on California screaming at Disneyland. 

It would enhance photo ops of the coaster.. Imagine seeing that driving by movie world during day or lit up at night! :) 

Anything that distracts from the enormity and signature element that is the non-inverting loop, is a detraction.

• Like 1

• joz locked this topic