DC Rivals HyperCoaster construction discussion

Richard

I imagine the back seats will be very popular (even if it is an upcharge), and no I don't think they could easily just change it. The train was built like this, and highly doubt the seats have been designed to have the seats changed. They will be fixed in position like all the other seats. So if for whatever reason they did want to change it, they'd have to get a whole new carriage.

2 hours ago, Coaster Hipster said:

I've seen people riding at the front, but has there been testing with people on the back seat as well? With such a particular first drop *and* the backwards seating, that seems like a really particular experience to test out!

There was a guy sitting in the backwards row on that first day of testing:

On 19/08/2017 at 6:19 PM, Inverted said:

Officials riding this afternoon

IMG_20170819_163504539~2.jpg

IMG_20170819_163503919~2.jpg

Edited by TimMc333

1 hour ago, themagician said:

I imagine the back seats will be very popular (even if it is an upcharge), and no I don't think they could easily just change it. The train was built like this, and highly doubt the seats have been designed to have the seats changed. They will be fixed in position like all the other seats. So if for whatever reason they did want to change it, they'd have to get a whole new carriage.

I'm pretty sure the carriage is standard, and they've just turned the seats around. This is why it only has one row because of the head clearance needed in the valleys. If they'd custom designed the rear carriage for rear facing, I reckon they would have extended it to have two rows, so no seats were lost capacity wise.

I reckon they could turn the seats around quite easily - its a matter of whether they have another row of seats to put on...

• Like 1

14 hours ago, pazzap said:

Mako was a huge disappointment to me, i far prefer apollo's which is 2 decades it's junior.

Taron was ok, it was sort of exciting but i just get bored with twisters, including woodies. I rode gci roar first year and i renamed it yawn (to quote another example).

Taron has an exciting launch and actually does have some air in front seat, and look, it's a bit of  rush, but to *me*, not actually "thrilling". Cool?

any need to personally insult me? No i'm not "nuts", i just have my own coaster preferences like everyone does.

I bet you there will be no airtime in the back seat on the second hill. That will be front airtime only. Back airtime will only exist coming out of inv loop and stengel drop. 

PS el toro in the very very back seat is my kind of coaster.. I spent an entire day with premium flash pas riding just that, definitely over 50 times. But it gives you an idea of what I like.

Ghost rider reconditioned is back to it's 2001 glory and a night ride in the very back seat is now in my top 10 of all time again.

I also love relentless inversions and hang time..

I get everyone has their favourites, but at the same time I don't really get the notion that unless a coaster is simultaneously pushing all your buttons it's a 'yawn' or it's a 'nothing'.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, djrappa said:

You mean like the ride being finished before the launch? There's a scoop!

Haha, not quite :P
I was thinking more the installation of the joker head as part of a launch ceremony. Something like crowning it complete?
Perhaps not though, also depends how quickly it can be installed & how quickly they can run it afterwards.

Edited by diesal11

7 minutes ago, diesal11 said:

Haha, not quite :P
I was thinking more the installation of the joker head as part of a launch ceremony. Something like crowning it complete?
Perhaps not though, also depends how quickly it can be installed & how quickly they can run it afterwards.

You can bet Greg and the crew will be out there with their new and improved larger microphone to celebrate the crown going on DCR to finish it off.

32 minutes ago, LORD_Noodle said:

Just curious if anyone knows or have found out a height restriction for rivals yet??.... I know it was brought up before but just though I would touch base on the subject again.

Other Mack coasters such as Helix @ Liseberg, Blue Fire @ Europa Park and Alpina Blitz @ Nigloland all have a 130cm height restriction. All those coasters feature the same train/seat/harness design as DC Rivals. 👍

• Like 2

^It's always possible. the front row looks like a go-pro to me, and we know they've had on-ride POV footage recorded because we've seen it already (haven't we?) So i think chances are there is one or more go pro attached.

Fast Video could still be a possibility though - and perhaps these are the fast video cameras, and thats where the POV came from? I don't know.

1 hour ago, Rollercoaster_Lover said:

What time?

I'm watching now and all they say is "coming up" - someone rode the AA before aswell. 

Edit: they were at movieworld filming "live" but DC rivals wasn't in the background at all lmao. It hasn't been constructed at all. 

Edited by jack.c

31 minutes ago, jack.c said:

I'm watching now and all they say is "coming up" - someone rode the AA before aswell. 

Edit: they were at movieworld filming "live" but DC rivals wasn't in the background at all lmao. It hasn't been constructed at all. 

It was live...  None of the angles were facing where DC would be in the background...  She was also wearing that outfit when she left the resort this morning...

Edited by MaxxTheMonster

• joz locked this topic