DC Rivals HyperCoaster Announcement

Id like to see them continue the theming that they have shown on the top of the lift hill throughout more parts of the coaster.

Similar maybe to what Bizarro SFNE has, I think Movie World are extremely capable of pulling off some decent theming in this style to create a storyline that stretches past the station and through the coaster.

maxresdefault.jpg

41_973.jpg

I'm really excited to see how they theme it. This is an awesome theming oportunity to go big. I can imagine different rooms in the queue, all having a separate rivalry. E.g. One room is Superman vs Bizzaro, the next Green Lantern vs Sinestro & so on. I really hope it doesn't just turn out like Green Lanterns queue line.. :mellow:

Wow, where have I been all day?!? 5 pages in just a few short hours? 

GREAT NEWS!! I was super excited to watch the footage and love the backwards feature on the train. Honestly, I can't see this being much more popular than the front row. It certainly will add a new perspective to an already shit hot ride.. CAN'T WAIT 

1 minute ago, xRazzBerryx said:

I'm really excited to see how they theme it. This is an awesome theming oportunity to go big. I can imagine different rooms in the queue, all having a separate rivalry. E.g. One room is Superman vs Bizzaro, the next Green Lantern vs Sinestro & so on. I really hope it doesn't just turn out like Green Lanterns queue line.. :mellow:

The station plans show an open station building with an outdoor queue. So there will be no rooms sadly. Most of the budget has gone into the coaster itself, so I wouldn't be expecting to much in the way of theming. But hey we finally have an amazing hyper coaster in Australia, next on the list a B&M ;) 

6 minutes ago, Rollercoaster_Lover said:

I hope it has lots of theming, sure it might be good but the thing I love is theming, say for example superman had no theming I would like it as much as I do

Totally agree with this ^^ I don't think it will have much theming throughout the ride, but the queue area will be very well themed, it's nothing big, but if you look in the video, at the top of the lift hill.. you can see a whole indoor area which has god knows what in it. No matter what theming it has, this coaster looks AWESOME!

8 minutes ago, Flynn_Smith said:

Totally agree with this ^^ I don't think it will have much theming throughout the ride, but the queue area will be very well themed, it's nothing big, but if you look in the video, at the top of the lift hill.. you can see a whole indoor area which has god knows what in it. No matter what theming it has, this coaster looks AWESOME!

I think you might need your eyes cheeked. There is no indoor area at the top of the lift hill. There is a giant Joker face above the lift hill tho. Similar to the GL's logo.

It think that MW might introduce a VR uncharge option on this which will have the story line. But as I have said multiple times I think theming around this ride will be minimal other than the queue line and station. (which the plans show are open and not in a indoor shed) Keep in mind this coaster is not cheap. Rumoured price of around the 30million mark. Which means there won't be to much $$$ left for theming. But its still an Awesome world class hyper coaster!

Just now, Tim Dasco said:

I think you might need your eyes cheeked. There is no indoor area at the top of the lift hill. There is a giant Joker face above the lift hill tho. Similar to the GL's logo.

I dont. If you look at the station at the bottom, you will notice a lovely building right next to it.

2 minutes ago, Flynn_Smith said:

I dont. If you look at the station at the bottom, you will notice a lovely building right next to it.

The way you worded it sounded like you meant there will be a indoor building at the top of the lift hill.

59350acc25253_ScreenShot2017-06-05at3_39_27pm.thumb.png.ee301d1d9767add92b4187e6e3291974.png

Secondly yes there is the station which has a roof but you can see the sides are open to it. From this animation it looks like the outdoor queue to the left of the lift hill in between the brake run and station building. The building on the right is the JL ride building. Is that the building you are referring to?

59350ad52c337_ScreenShot2017-06-05at3_39_03pm.thumb.png.7886b2214932ebbc278897850a480777.png

10 minutes ago, Tim Dasco said:

Secondly yes there is the station which has a roof but you can see the sides are open to it. From this animation it looks like the outdoor queue to the left of the lift hill in between the brake run and station building. The building on the right is the JL ride building. Is that the building you are referring to?

So, I've spread this out into different parts to make it easier to understand (hopefully)

59350d8d274b0_ScreenShot2017-06-05at5_51_00pm.thumb.png.a724436d7f13a48a505537060d596c77.png

So, as you can see, Batwing and Justice League are to the right of the image, because they are closer to superman escape. The shed that has "What is this" above it, seems to be a themed area, as it is not in the park already.

59350db66513c_ScreenShot2017-06-05at5_51_55pm.png.8c35612e3252ee79aa7240f551f51767.png

In this screen shot, you can clearly see what seems to be a queue, and if you follow it under the track, it goes toward that lovely shed I mentioned before.

59350dbfa2617_ScreenShot2017-06-05at5_52_03pm.png.2fe94b5d1d71f991e001ceb11b3edd80.png

Edited by Flynn_Smith
Fixing wording

Sorry if this has already been mentioned.. In a video posted in the GC Bulletin article about the new coaster, a workman said it would pull 4.3G's. So that's 0.1 more G's than superman :) 

Article - http://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au/entertainment/movie-world-reveals-new-longest-tallest-and-fastest-hypercoaster-in-southern-hemisphere/news-story/1eb33f0f2890ab0402e8d246140dd957

1 minute ago, Rollercoaster_Lover said:

DC rivals hypercoaster dose look Amazing and the best ride in Australia and a top 10 worldwide list, but I'm scared that this ride will get overrated really quickly, that's why I'm glad they announced it later then earlier.

Part of me thinks this coaster won't get overrated because everyone in America will think "Oh, its an Australian Hyper... can't be that good". But then another part does, because it just looks so damn nice!

@Flynn_Smith Ok I see what your talking about now. I thought you were talking about the bigger building behind it which is for JL. Hmmm that is interesting as its hard to tell whats happening with the lift hill on top of it.

Also part of the reason is nobody in America even knows about it as the park did not do much of a teaser campaign. So many people in the states think that its coming in 2018. As they have not heard much about it till now. This coaster was not even posted in the top 60 attractions worldwide for 2017 article. As nobody knew about it officially.

Edited by Tim Dasco

29 minutes ago, Flynn_Smith said:

Part of me thinks this coaster won't get overrated because everyone in America will think "Oh, its an Australian Hyper... can't be that good". But then another part does, because it just looks so damn nice!

Everyone from America is hyping it up, I even saw someone that said that the DC rivals hypercoaster is better then Fury325!

Just now, Rollercoaster_Lover said:

Everyone from America is hyping it up, I even saw someone that said that the DC rivals hypercoaster is better then Fury325!

I believe your referring to captain.coaster? I messaged him about it, and he replied with "i hates fury, it's the most overrated pos ever. Theres a better way to spend 25 million"