DC Rivals HyperCoaster Announcement

Also says it features the worlds first non-inverting loop. 

IMG_6443.thumb.PNG.5ace418fa989ebf647985fda64874fc8.PNG

4 minutes ago, mission said:

The 'coming soon' blurb states 75.5m high then the 'ride stats' say 61.6m.

Perhaps the track is 61.6m and with the Jokers head included the ride tops out at 75.5m?

Edited by rac2703

Very excited for those backwards seats, my only apprehension is now the back will probably be as desirable as the front :P 
If I'm reading the station plans correctly the back seats might have a dedicated queue line, hopefully not too much extra wait time.

On that note...

5934c3b24fa37_station3.thumb.JPG.cc1852585aa14622c3d95b1f07e55d7a.JPG

DOH! It was staring us in the face the whole time. At the time of posting I chuckled smugly thinking 'heh, someone drew the train backwards!' Little did I expect that would be one of the most important details in the station plans!

Edited by rummy

46 minutes ago, mission said:

You might be right.

And that Joker's head looks cool, it better be LED/Neon!

As I understand it its being done the same way as the GL sign. We've heard previously the GL sign is actually a custom screen, so it could be animated \ altered.

Looking at the joker face - the mouth part itself is a solid piece - which suggests to me a clever dick in the design department might just have plans to make the mouth move...

1 minute ago, Ryande16 said:

Shut up!

This isn't a bloody english class mate.

You started it by pointing out flaws on a website (which is also not an English class). Are you pot, or kettle?

And no, it isn't English class. Usually by the time you get to a point where you can navigate the internet unsupervised, you'd expect to have graduated from English class.

1 minute ago, AlexB said:

You started it by pointing out flaws on a website (which is also not an English class). Are you pot, or kettle?

I was the one that pointed it out and I'd argue that public information on an organisations website should be correct.  A forum of people crapping on about stuff, not so important - any lets not derail topic.

That sign will look awesome at night when lit up :)

/quote Witness some of DC Comics ultimate rivalries before taking off on 1.4 kilometres of track featuring the world’s first non-inverted loop.

Movieworld's website says 'world's first non-inverted loop. I am sure there are others... is this a typo? or do they mean world's first non-inverting loop on a hypercoaster?

1 minute ago, yaark said:

/quote Witness some of DC Comics ultimate rivalries before taking off on 1.4 kilometres of track featuring the world’s first non-inverted loop.

Movieworld's website says 'world's first non-inverted loop. I am sure there are others... is this a typo? or do they mean world's first non-inverting loop on a hypercoaster?

Flying aces 

7 minutes ago, AlexB said:

Didn't the video say "ONE OF" the worlds first?

I wasn't able to watch the video with audio as yet, so not sure what was announced on the video. However, the quote I posted above is copied and pasted directly off movieworld's hypercoaster announcement page:

http://themeparks.com.au/hypercoaster.aspx

You will see that quoted text written directly under the preview video

3 minutes ago, Theme Park Girl said:

First in the Southern Hemisphere, I'm reading... 

It definitely says 'world's first' if you follow the link above and read the text directly under the ride preview video.

I would suggest they will change this once they realise the error however.

I did just notice the add on Movieworld's site links outside to themeparks.com.au . Not sure if this is directly run by Movieworld themselves. This could explain the confusion?

Edited by yaark
added text