DC Rivals HyperCoaster Announcement

1 hour ago, screamqueens said:

Id like to see them continue the theming that they have shown on the top of the lift hill throughout more parts of the coaster.

Similar maybe to what Bizarro SFNE has, I think Movie World are extremely capable of pulling off some decent theming in this style to create a storyline that stretches past the station and through the coaster.

I've always thought those 'cardboard' cutout themes are just a bit lame, I mean, the only place you see it is at six flags.

If the queue and station are well themed there'll be little reason to have much more. If it's a choice between having no theme at all past the station or having the half assed cutout theming, I'd take no theme. The difference between the quality theming at the station and the filler theming throughout the layout would be jarring.

The Joker's face at the top should look really cool when lit up at night. Especially alongside the Green Lantern display. The Movie World skyline is going to be incredible.

@Ryande16 on your screenshot: The GP really don't know how good this is going to be haha.

@Rollercoaster_Lover Better than Fury 325? I'm not sure that's likely, but you're right, most enthusiasts overseas I've talked to look at this coaster as the best new coaster this year. If we thought Superman Escape was a World Class implementation in 2005, well we've got another thing coming here.

42 minutes ago, xRazzBerryx said:

Sorry if this has already been mentioned.. In a video posted in the GC Bulletin article about the new coaster, a workman said it would pull 4.3G's. So that's 0.1 more G's than superman :) 

Article - http://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au/entertainment/movie-world-reveals-new-longest-tallest-and-fastest-hypercoaster-in-southern-hemisphere/news-story/1eb33f0f2890ab0402e8d246140dd957

Wow pulls more Gs than x2? Wasn't expecting that!

1 hour ago, Flynn_Smith said:

59350d8d274b0_ScreenShot2017-06-05at5_51_00pm.thumb.png.a724436d7f13a48a505537060d596c77.png

xr6s0590a.thumb.jpg.dcfed740dd32f7feb9a136ea75b235f0.jpg

The apparent three white buildings to the right are all Justice League.

The only part left to discussion is the bottom right area. I think it's a placeholder, not a pre-ride show building. In that spot right now is GL's queue, the exit of JL, the path towards Rivals, and a lot of greenery in the way of hedges and gardens. I'd imagine if a building was going in there, it'd be going in right now during GL's downtime.

18 minutes ago, Redboost said:

Channel 7 Sydney had coverage of the hypercoaster and played footage of @docoaster's render 😆

#theytried

36 minutes ago, Gold Coast Amusement Force said:

For anyone interested, here is the Facebook livestream

Can you please read the thread before posting anything else that's already been posted?

Also I'm surprised they're still calling this the southern hemisphere's tallest and fastest coaster.

Looking into capacity of the ride. Confirmed ride time is approx 170 sec or 2.8 minutes (from movieworld FB page. Someone asked, MW responded).

Untitled_DCrivals.thumb.jpg.ceae7f26a8ef44c59452d7b74c41e5e3.jpg

From the teaser video, you can see each train holds 22 passengers.

So if 2 trains are running, and you are loading train #2 whilst train #1 is in motion, you have approx. 3 mins to unload/load train #2 before #1 gets back. If you run the ride perfectly (without stacking) you could be sending a train out every 3 minutes. Therefore, 60/3mins = 20, 20*22 passengers = 440pph.

Edited by Luke

18 minutes ago, Santa07 said:

Also I'm surprised they're still calling this the southern hemisphere's tallest and fastest coaster.

They say the Southern Hemispheres tallest and fastest hypercoaster - which is correct as it is the only hypercoaster in the Southern Hemisphere 

Abyss is 600pph and people complain they wait to long for that. Being the biggest and best attraction in the southern hemisphere you would hope it could do a 1000pph capacity. Especially during peak season because when they run 1 train while the other is in maintenance that means you have to wait nearly 3 minutes for the train to return before you can start loading the next one. This is why I was hoping for a MCBR and a third train all along.

I think 3 minutes is a bit of an exaggeration because flash's total ride time is 2 minutes and i doubt it takes an extra minute to do 100 meters. So just say its 2:15 from start to finnish that would get through about 590pph.

And plus they did say that it's the most technologically advanced ride ever to be built so they probably have something up there sleeve. 

Edited by Ryande16

10 minutes ago, Ryande16 said:

I think 3 minutes is a bit of an exaggeration because flash's total ride time is 2 minutes and i doubt it takes an extra minute to do 100 meters. So just say its 2:15 from start to finnish that would get through about 590pph.

Movie World said it has a ride time of 170 seconds or 2.8 minutes.

28 minutes ago, Luke said:

Looking into capacity of the ride. Confirmed ride time is approx 170 sec or 2.8 minutes (from movieworld FB page. Someone asked, MW responded).

Untitled_DCrivals.thumb.jpg.ceae7f26a8ef44c59452d7b74c41e5e3.jpg

From the teaser video, you can see each train holds 22 passengers.

So if 2 trains are running, and you are loading train #2 whilst train #1 is in motion, you have approx. 3 mins to unload/load train #1. If you run the ride perfectly (without stacking) you could be sending a train out every 3 minutes. Therefore, 60/3mins = 20, 20*22 passengers = 440pph.

If this is how it ends up then it’s even sillier then I thought.  The gimmick backward seat not only pushes me one car away from the back but reduces how many riders can ride a day. 

Looking at this photo has me wondering.    Why not have 4 seats backwards at the back.   Looking at the space around the seats I wonder if the last row can rotate and run forward.  Hence the need for extra clearance. Otherwise why not put in an extra forward or backward row.    

"And you can ride it back backwards" for some extra cash...... ???

Untitled_DCrivals.jpg.df2e99a341fff377f814404a50fac897.jpg

The reason for a MCBR is to allow a car to be in the second half and another on the first half at the same time. Without one if a car valleys on the track and the second car goes over the first drop. There is no stopping the 2 cars from crashing. By having a MCBR it allows you to run 2 cars on the course at the same time. Meaning you just stop the second car on the MCBR while you get the other car out of the valley.