Backwards row - DC Rivals HyperCoaster

When I did the ride yesterday, for approximately three cycles there was no one doing the ride Backwards and they just sent the ride with that row empty

Will be looking forward to doing it backwards at Fright Nights next Saturday night

Edited by Adventures With JWorld

It's quite profitable for them to charge at this point, and they make a shitload of money running two trains. Allowing for wear and tear, the hourly take (on full seats) should actually make them a nice little profit - its actually an incentive to run both trains, provided the queues demand it (which should be anything more than 15 minutes).

But agree with @Reanimated35, there is no way in hell people who haven't paid should get backwards just because it's empty. it cheapens the product. When I rode the other day, as mentioned, I got the first wristband of hte day, because the guy selling them happened to be right beside me when they announced it was open. Everyone made their way through the general queue, whilst I waltzed up the backwards row to the front.

As we were being checked, the grouper let the next group through into the station, and I saw two people in the backwards row who didn't have wristbands. I felt cheated. I felt ripped off. I was all about to get indignant when the op came over to them and pointed them down to another row on the train, leaving the backwards row empty. I felt vindicated. *lol*.

I'd like to see them reduce the price once initial demand has slackened - perhaps to $5 if it doesn't bump the queues too hard, or in the alternative, sell an 'all day' backwards pass for a bit more. I think after a while they'll probably drop the price entirely, which will reverse the queue strategies - making general queue much faster than the backwards row (a little like MDMC's queue currently).

I went of DCR for the first time on Sunday and my daughter and I opted to go backwards for our maiden voyage.  We basically walked straight on and the ride was awesome.  At $10 I wouldn't be doing it every time, but definitely will on occasions.

We then went forwards, in row 3, and tbh it just didn't have the same impact as backwards.  Still an awesome ride but backwards is something else.......

I wonder if the up-charge will be permanent - where you pay for backwards looks very temporary and there doesn't look like anywhere that is set-up as a permanent pay station?

They definitely need some shade sails in the queue area - how they overlooked that I don't know.......

5 hours ago, mission said:

They definitely need some shade sails in the queue area - how they overlooked that I don't know.......

There are already poles set up in the queue area for just this reason - how you overlooked that, I don't know.....

But seriously, clearly they wanted to open in time for holidays, clearly they ran out of time, with work going well into the night to finish the precinct off.

Perhaps they couldn't mount the shade sails until the concrete had cured?

It's like you ordered a new Mustang ( ;) ) and the fluffy dice you ordered for your rear view mirror weren't in stock, so you throw your hands up and condemn the dealer. Seriously, they're coming. Just chill. The car is still driveable without the fluffy dice.

AW had this same issue with Kraken - no shade sails initially and it was hot. Patience.