Dreamworld Focuses on Iconic, Memorable Experiences in 2017

Parkz News

5 hours ago, mission said:

Probably cheaper than removing and building a new one.

I sorta disagree, while removing and building a new one would be cheaper initially, I think rebuilding would have a better payout in the long-run. An old ride that hasn't functioned for years that sits on top of part of TRRR is going to look "unsafe" to some members of the community, while the chances of that happening are much lower for a brand-new state of the art coaster from a leading manufacturer.

Edited by Santa07

Whilst Craig did say bringing back the mine ride for some reason in my head that doesn't necessarily mean refurbing the current Eureka Mine ride. The cost to refurb and bring the old mine ride up to scratch would most likely be quite high so perhaps they are going to do a knockdown rebuild of the ride.

I wonder if dreamworld took the opportunity to have a thorough going over of the mine ride during the safety audit process that occurred after the TRRR tragedy. The findings from that audit would show whether it would be viable to get the ride back to operational status again or not I would assume. 

Speaking of the mine ride, did the ride ever undergo any track layout changes during its time? I recall riding it as a young teen and then again a few years later and the ride seemed to be shorter than what I had recalled.. and the pitch black section seemed to be different. Maybe my memories were just hazy!!

Edited by yaark
added additional text

I got attacked by the yeti thing on that ride back in 1994.

When the ride finished I had a cut on my face and blood trickling down, no idea how it happened but the general consensus was the yeti got me - what else could it have been?!?

True story.

Edited by mission

18 hours ago, yaark said:

Speaking of the mine ride, did the ride ever undergo any track layout changes during its time? I recall riding it as a young teen and then again a few years later and the ride seemed to be shorter than what I had recalled.. and the pitch black section seemed to be different. Maybe my memories were just hazy!!

If you go to page 5 of the Eureka Mountain Mine Ride reopening discussion you will find we start to talk about this very thing.  To wet your lips on the way over there here is a photo of the Mine Ride when it was first built.

post-1321-0-17184000-1423530583.jpg.641eec749eb7e77ce554f1fc8abd4657.jpg

What! Two carts you say.

The answer is that there have been two incarnations of Eureka Mountain:

https://www.parkz.com.au/parks/AU/Gold_Coast/Dreamworld/ride/2104-Eureka_Mountain_Mine_Ride_original
https://www.parkz.com.au/parks/AU/Gold_Coast/Dreamworld/ride/245-Eureka_Mountain_Mine_Ride

Both had entirely different layouts and use a different track design and vehicles.

8 hours ago, Skeeta said:

If you go to page 5 of the Eureka Mountain Mine Ride reopening discussion you will find we start to talk about this very thing.  To wet your lips on the way over there here is a photo of the Mine Ride when it was first built.Y

Yeah, thanks for that I've spent my whole day reading through all 39 pages of that and getting lost in the past that I never got to experience. At least it made my work day go fast