DEBORAH!

Cactus_Matt

Facebook news is a repository for embellished wankered nonsense, at least for me I can say with some certainty. But does anyone else feel a little bit sorry for Deborah Thomas (ex-CEO of Ardent Leisure at the time of the Dreamworld Incident) being maligned by the media for essentially doing her job til her job was made impossible? I don't agree and will never agree with the exorbitant golden parachutes CEO's and likewise garner upon their exit from a company, but this article feels like its blaming her for deaths out of her control and thus profiting from said deaths all for the sake of clicks (hence why I won't link the actual story, find it if you want if you want).

Hmm...

[Hey mods you can move this somewhere else if you feel it more appropriate, I'm just drunk and felt like venting about something that was grinding my gears. lolz]

ceobitch.png

Edited by Cactus_Matt
meow meow meow

CEOs are ultimately responsible for what happens in their company, and many, whilst having absolutely no link to the incident, fall on their sword. That's part and parcel of success and failure in the corporate world.

She's being very nicely remunerated for it, and she will not struggle to find another position with her prior successes behind her.

Do I feel sorry for her? absolutely not. Comes with the territory.