To Everyone: Let's Make Our Own Theme Park

I woke up this morning with an idea. We should design and build our own theme park. Together as a community.

Why should we leave it up to big corporations? Because with the fast growing Parkz community, this actually is possible. 

Currently there are thousands of members on Parkz right now, if each of us just put in an amount, we would have a pretty decent and competitive theme park.

I reckon there are some great opportunities in some parts of Aussie and a second theme park in NZ would be extremely exciting for people!

First of all, we could just start small. Maybe grab a Zampberla Disk 'O. Or a roller coaster. A few million each but we could easily raise it. Then use ticket sales to upgrade and expand our park.

We all have a passion for theme parks! Imagine how cool it would be to create our own. 

Let's say we build a park for $50M start (not much I know, but we can expand later), we would only need 5000 people to put in $5000 each (OR we could partially loan this out).

THIS IS POSSIBLE.

What do you guys think? I reckon we can do it.

PS (Not trying to sound like I am scamming or marketing a product, or taking the piss/being disrespectful. I have a genuine interest in this and I think it's possible)

Edited by themeparkaddict

We have thousands of members on Parkz.

Only a select few of them are actually active.

And only a select few of the active members will actually be bothered to put in the effort to design a park.

And I don't think anyone from that would actually put in the money that you're asking.

It's going to completely shatter a 25-50m budget if the members here are deciding what to put in - the amount of B&Ms would exceed this by a long long way.

Plus, I'm pretty sure everyone has already done something like this in Planet Coaster, that is until the park gets so big the lag destroys your computer, who needs to build a park when you can just simulate it for free?

11 minutes ago, Rollercoaster_Lover said:

Auctaully

What even is that word

Edited by Santa07

Don't forget about investers, give them a 49% stake in our company and the parkz community can own 51. It would be easy to get them interested if we have a valid business plan and idea. It would cut our investment costs significantly

A diskO costs $6M approx. Add a few flat rides on top of this and actually things wouldn't be too expensive.

Maybe we might only need to invest $15M, let the investers do the rest.

Really nice idea themeparkaddict and I love your enthusiasm. Sadly I don't agree with your assertion that it is realistic. It takes the financial backing of a major international corporation to have a realistic chance at building and running a theme park successfully.

Sorry to be negative, but really I think you'd be wasting your time.

I would love to be proven wrong on this though! Maybe crowdfunding (on something like gofundme for example) would have some chance if you could put together a persuasive campaign for it.

Edited by pushbutton

11 hours ago, themeparkaddict said:

give them a 49% stake in our company and the parkz community can own 51.

Right - so you get 'serious money' investors to sign up to 49%, and give the parkz community 51%... Which you would need to either create a management company to hold, or you'd need to allocate a percentage share to each Parkz member.

Now - first problem - have you read some of the discussions on these boards? How in the hell are you going to get everyone (being the 51% needed to carry a vote) to agree on something? All you'd need is 2% of those with voting rights to side with the serious money investors and the Parkz community would lose majority.

Or, if you have a management company holding the 51% of the vote, you still need the decisions to come from a group of people - and either way, not everyone will agree.

the motion on the floor is whether we construct a dark monorail walkthrough... do I hear a second? Motion fails.

Crowd funding is possible, but difficult. Can you imagine crowd-managing? No.

It's a nice thought. Its a nice dream. Its a horrible reality. so... just stop.

Keep in mind, not everyone has money to blow so easily on a project of this manner and lots of people (me included) are under the age of 18. There would be no chance in hell of me donating and no offence to Richard, but I'm pretty sure he's not a credited Theme Park Designer (let me know if you are @Richard, haha). If your really serious about this, starting small is key. A fun park similar to Magic Mountain at Merimbula would be a good place to look.

The park itself has a Pinfari ZL40 and an array of small rides. Something like this will be your best bet and if you start small, you have a bigger chance of your park growing in size in the future.

3 hours ago, themeparkaddict said:

We get Richard to make all of the decisions but with some of our input.

Crowdfunding won't get us to millions but will give us a few thousand.

I'd be willing to invest $100,000. I'm sure some others would do this too.

@Richard your new job now.

Do 5000 parkz members have $5000 to rub together?

Alrighty, we make a fun park with a merry go round and playground for the kiddies. Probably less than $500,000 lets be fair. Now that would work.

When will Mr @Richard tell us his opinion?

We all know he is the most wise person here, so actually he doesn't need to be a designer in order to make great powerful decisions for all of us.

2 hours ago, Wil_i_am_not said:

and lots of people (me included) are under the age of 18.

We can tell (just have a look around the forums)

Edited by themeparkaddict

32 minutes ago, Gazza said:

@Richard your new job now.

Do 5000 parkz members have $5000 to rub together?

I think it's safe to say that 5000 Parkz members have $1 each - so if they all got together, they would have $5000 to rub together.

18 minutes ago, themeparkaddict said:

Alrighty, we make a fun park with a merry go round and playground for the kiddies. Probably less than $500,000 lets be fair. Now that would work.

Make up your mind! First you say theme park, now you say fun park, and then you say we should be a fair.

What's next... a fete?

Please don't take this the wrong way, but this is the sort of thing that comes to my mind when it comes to low budget "theme parks" (just for fun)!

On a serious note though, it is things like public liability insurance (a massive ongoing cost) and other regulatory requirements (such as Workcover) that make a project such as this almost impossible for anyone other than a major international corporation, or an eccentric multibillionaire.

3 hours ago, AlexB said:

Make up your mind! First you say theme park, now you say fun park, and then you say we should be a fair.

Well actually, this is up to the Parkz community! Don't think I'm the leader for this project or anything, we all need to have a say in what it should be :)

2 hours ago, Skeeta said:

@themeparkaddictIf you can get Parkz members to decided which one of us gets paid to travel the world to gather ideas for this theme park, I will support you. (wink wink, nudge nudge, say Skeeta).

Maybe time for a poll?