To Everyone: Let's Make Our Own Theme Park

4 minutes ago, joz said:

I think the trick is to go the Aussie World approach, open a pub on a major highway which backs onto a bunch of acres and let the pokie money fund the whole thing.

Also FWIW I wouldn't let the average internet forum poster anywhere near a decision making position in a park I ran.  Given that somewhat ruins the game, I'm out :P

NOO! dont go mate! We need you. How about we just leave it up to our great leader richard?

7 hours ago, themeparkaddict said:

I'd be willing to invest $100,000. I'm sure some others would do this too.

Here's what I would do with $100 000. Buy a copy of RCT for $20 or whatever it retails for nowadays. Want to own a theme park? Buy shares in Ardent or VRTP. The prices are so depressed, surely they will only go up when someone tries to take them over or the GP works out they're building a really cool rollercoaster. Finally, get the dividend from your shares and fly to USS once a year. Problem solved - you get to experience theme parks without the financial worry.

I spent many weeks painstakingly recreating Sea World when it was complete with Bermuda Triangle, chairlifts, better monorail experience, pirate show, full waterpark, and miniature railway.

I did this using Rollercoaster Tycoon 3 (with all the add-ons) back in 2007, and it's still great fun playing with it now!

My recreation isn't 100% accurate layout, but it was the best I could do at the time and with this software, and it's not too far off. It even includes a reasonable Sea World resort too. I found audio on Youtube from the monorail, dolphin show, Bermuda Triangle, and pirate show. The audio plays in the relevant parts of the park.

This is the part that took by far the longest to make. Worth it though!

Edited by pushbutton

11 hours ago, iwerks said:

Ironically, @pushbutton, your version of SW would have more rides than the current one.

If someone recreates DW, they could use the Disneyland CD for the soundtrack of Main Street. 😜

My version was based on how the real Sea World was in 2007. I forgot to mention Sea Viper in my earlier post but that's in my RCT3 version too!

1 hour ago, mission said:

While I'm sure I've been on Bermuda Triangle countless times back in the day, it just doesn't look familiar at all, and I have pretty much zero recollection of it.  The corkscrew on the other hand.......  maybe I'm getting alzheimers.

If you look on YouTube there is a couple of videos of the real ride.

My version was based on my own memory of it and was the best I could do with the effects available in RCT3.

47 minutes ago, pushbutton said:

My version was based on how the real Sea World was in 2007. I forgot to mention Sea Viper in my earlier post but that's in my RCT3 version too!

If you look on YouTube there is a couple of videos of the real ride.

My version was based on my own memory of it and was the best I could do with the effects available in RCT3.

About the only relevance to the real ride is the audio. Not to be harsh but that reacreation is nothing like it. Not even in layout. 

The thing is push, dj isn't saying they could do a better job, just that yours isn't true to the actual experience. Just because someone can't do a better job (or doesn't feel the need to) doesn't mean they can't critique.

Hell I spend the whole weekend yelling at the tv telling footy players how shit that play/tackle was, knowing full well I can't do any better. 

You put something out their in the universe, you open yourself up for comments good or bad. If you only want the good, create multiple profiles and upvote it a hundred times. 

To be honest, if I were starting a mini park somewhere, I'd just open a giant rain fortress as the sole attraction (Like Cowabunga Bay in Utah), since its visually impressive and gets the crucial family market. An entrance / kiosk / party / changeroom facility would be the only building, with chip and tar car park.

Then add a few small family flats around it in future seasons, but be careful to ensure they matched the theme of the rain fortress so essentially its a mini area with a cohesive theme.

Then I'd expand outwards and backwards from there. Eventually, if the park got big enough you'd build a new entrance further in front, so the original kiddy land would be fairly central in the now more major park.

I suppose to an extent the Maze in Perth took this approach, but they only put a tiny play structure in not much bigger than what many caravan parks have these days,so there's no roadside appeal, and its not compelling compared to the one at Adventure World.