DC Superheroes & Super-Villians event at Movie World

6 minutes ago, Reanimated35 said:

The Ultimate Experience isn't something I'd do more than once, and I don't feel that the experience itself is advertised too well. 

All but 3 days are sold out and we are 3 days in...  I would say whatever advertising they have done has been enough...

temp.thumb.png.55efad302d33142f36812f281355264c.png

1 minute ago, djrappa said:

The overall tone of how you describe better places to watch than they suggest, etc, how they don't do crowd control properly. The comments on marketing. 

Just read as a very 'I hated the event, we're so great because we bought the special passes, park should love us for buying passes and not using them' review to me. 

Fair enough, interesting take on it. 👍

15 hours ago, MaxxTheMonster said:

Not really sure why but was rather disappointed by this event...  I love the idea of the photo area with the superheroes and really hope this is something they introduce for normal day to day use rather than blocking off the top of main street...  I enjoyed watching the 1989 batmobile roll through the park and the Penguin limping around pestering people...  The Poison Ivy and Riddler shows were grabbed right from the 90's which was a nice bit of nostalgia but were performed as if they hadn't been practised since the 90's...  The parade lacked the storyline they said it would have...  The parade from the 75th anniversary of DC was fantastic with a flowing storyline from start to finish ending in a battle between all the heroes and villains...  I get this is year one for what could be the new special event for the park...  I just hope if it continues they throw the same level of theme and spectacle they do for Fright Night and White Christmas...

It's hard to be disappointed with any event that was free.  This is the type of event that hopefully MW will put for the Christmas school holidays.

If I was to say one thing I didn’t like about the parade it would be if you’re not watching the parade in the first half of the street you won’t see the whole parade.  It is puzzling that not all the guest will see the whole parade because the dancing is the best part.   The idea of a parade is you line the streets and the whole parade passes you by.

I would like to give the first Skeet High Achievement Award to the person who played "The Riddler" on Sunday.

Award.JPG.79c13d5df32158a3213113e99552dc16.JPG

Edited by Skeeta

Yep. Sundays Riddler performer was great, having a good chat with my son who was wearing his Green Lantern cape, about how he should go for green villains instead of heroes. 

We then caught up with him a few hours later when he was out of the Riddler girls and he remembered him, telling the girls about their previous conversation, even let him hold his gold cane for the photo 

My favourite part of the parade is having the Arkham inmates being let out by Penguin and running wild. It's very entertaining to watch the GCPD and Arkham Guards try to round them all back up and lift them into the back of the truck one by one. 

On 2017-6-28 at 2:38 PM, FoolishMortal999 said:

Is the 5:20 scarecrow show the same one from years back?

If you mean the one with the bomb? No. This is a smaller show with some ninjas rescuing Scarecrow from the back of a cop car, then running off after some shots are fired by the GCPD cops running up behind everyone.

Edited by JaggedJanine

That makes no sense at all.  Why go to the effort of having streamers for only one night?  It's either worth it or it's not.  To then use it tonight anyway despite tonight not being the last night (which was supposedly the point) just begs the question why did they save it for tonight rather than using it over the weekend when it was busy, or saving it for the last night as originally planned.  I mean it's not like this stuff gets programmed a month in advance then they're locked into it.

That park makes some strange decisions man.

As promised here's my review/brief story on how Ultimate Heroes and Villains Experience worked (For those who didn't know I did the experience and needless to say I really enjoyed myself)

So the day starts with you arriving at the park 8am and your at the front gates till 8:30am, during this time we were presented with our souviners which were capes, DC Villians Wristband etc. Once 8:30am rocks up the group is taken to Ricks for the Charcter Experience what you can expect at breakfast includes bacon, sausages and scrambled eggs for an example.

At 9:30 you are free to do whatever you want till 10:30am which is HSD2 which I missed due to Batwing, Managed to go on SE and GL before the next activity was up which was AA VR, After that your free to do anything you want till 5:45pm which is getting access to Parade.

Parade was excellent with the action (e.g Penguin releasing the prisoners from the truck and then for Batman to attack them) Coming from someone who went to WDW late last year and saw the daily parade I will say it's not that far off from being on the same level of how good it was imo. 

The shows they have for the event are great and my personal favourite show had to be the Bank Robbery show with Catwoman and Penguin, If there was a show that I didn't like that they offered with this event it would be the Scarecrow show at 5:20pm. I was kinda expecting more to come out of that show imo but hey it's definitely not the worst thing I have ever seen.

I give the whole event including the experience a 9.5/10

I think the event is a welcoming addition to the events that park already holds (FN and WC) and I'm hoping that this is an event that returns into the near future.