Bringing DC Rivals HyperCoaster to life: docoaster's 3D rendering

Parkz News

Now why am I not surprised to read this? And see.... his rendition IS spot on!!!! :lol:;)

Congrats @docoaster, have been a huge fan of your work from the very beginning and this opportunity for you was truly deserved. I can only hope that you'll also get the opportunity to come over to the GC to check the coaster out first hand when it opens to the public :)

PS. @Richard when does this guy get his prize in the mail? ;)

8 minutes ago, red dragin said:

I'd hope VRTP put @docoaster on plane and seat him on the first public ride! 

This was my first thought reading the article. I'm sure they paid him for the work, but surely a flight to Brisbane, a room at Sea World Resort, and front seat on (one of) the first rides would have been a given?

19 minutes ago, Theme Park Girl said:

Now why am I not surprised to read this? And see.... his rendition IS spot on!!!! :lol:;)

PS. @Richard when does this guy get his prize in the mail? ;)

His rendition was also "submitted" after the coaster went vertical, so it doesn't count (and his previous rendition wasn't spot on as we've discussed ad nauseum - although it is yet to be seen whether his first creation was the closest, as judged by the Parkz staff - guess we'll just have to wait and see for Richard's announcement?)

6 minutes ago, AlexB said:

His rendition was also "submitted" after the coaster went vertical, so it doesn't count (and his previous rendition wasn't spot on as we've discussed ad nauseum - although it is yet to be seen whether his first creation was the closest, as judged by the Parkz staff - guess we'll just have to wait and see for Richard's announcement?)

Geez. It was intended to be a joke, @AlexB... I thought the smilies would make that obvious enough -_-

The guy has already dealt with enough past critique. Let him enjoy his moment here, he's earnt it :)

Wow, now I have a person to thank for the amazing animation - thankyou @docoaster, I'm really impressed.

I am interested in how you go about building your nolimits creations (moreso your own creations and not this specific one). How do you generally go around building some of your nolimits designs? Obviously this one would've been mostly "by hand", but do you usually do it this way, or do you ever use a FVD tool or some other tool to help you (either the inbuilt one or a third-party one)? You said a lot your creations come completely from mind with a little inspiration, do you usually have a clear image of what you want to build before you start or do you come up with new elements to add along the way?

41 minutes ago, red dragin said:

Will there be a pure POV simulation made available?

I'm more interested myself to see a screen-shot of the G-force comb ;) although I doubt docoaster is allowed to share this.

11 minutes ago, Santa07 said:

Wow, now I have a person to thank for the amazing animation - thankyou @docoaster, I'm really impressed.

I am interested in how you go about building your nolimits creations (moreso your own creations and not this specific one). How do you generally go around building some of your nolimits designs? Obviously this one would've been mostly "by hand", but do you usually do it this way, or do you ever use a FVD tool or some other tool to help you (either the inbuilt one or a third-party one)? You said a lot your creations come completely from mind with a little inspiration, do you usually have a clear image of what you want to build before you start or do you come up with new elements to add along the way?

I'm more interested myself to see a screen-shot of the G-force comb ;) although I doubt docoaster is allowed to share this.

Thanks!
In this case the ride is handbuilt, thats true. With other projects I decide from case to case whether I use FVD (the inbuilt one) or not. Building by hand deliveres good smoothness when using the comb feature but costs a lot of time and patience. FVD built rides are always smoother but it's not always that easy to get exactly the shaping you want and it's even harder to change things after finishing the layout. 
I mainly do not have a plan of the whole thing I want to build. The most ideas are coming to my mind while building and I also change things very often till I'm completely happy with it. Sadly this again costs a lot of time what makes me finishing projects very rarely.

I am not able to provide you more images/videos of the hypercoaster right now but I might be in the future. And the g-force comb will always just give a rough idea of the actual forces on the real ride. ;)

2 hours ago, docoaster said:

Thank you for giving me the chance to talk about the cooperation with VRTP! I really enjoyed creating the simulation and I hope you all enjoyed watching the trailer. 

And sorry for not giving you any updates on my simulation, but you may now understand why I was not able to do so. ;)  

are you able to upload the pov? 

Edit: never mind I actually took the time to read after I posted. 

Edited by jack.c