Sea World Jelly Fish 2017 Attractiion

KiwiBirb

Hi all,

Am new here but huge fan of marine parks. Sadly there isn't really anything in NZ other than the aquariums. Didn't see it being discussed on here yet, but noticed a tender for a new jelly fish exhibit at your gold coast sea world park. 

I'm hoping it's done by xmas when I make my annual journey across the ditch to the gold coast to see family. 

5959e527213ce_SeaWorldJelly-Copy.thumb.JPG.9a1a896a8a80646714b3965f4fc50407.JPG

Take this with a grain of salt.....When I visited in March, an employee at the Sky Climb told me that the next attraction for Seaworld will be a Jellyfish exhibit and not a ride.

https://www.parkz.com.au/forums/topic/7673-down-comes-sea-world-water-park/#comment-146990

^looks like the ride op I talked to was telling the truth.

Edited by Luke

Like the sound of this, and hopefully we will see it come this year. The more I've thought about it, it would have to go under the Monorail station at the front of the park, as the one at the water park, is where the monorails receive maintence underneath the station, so there isn't room for this underneath it.

SW have said that COTD is a temporary attraction, like the dinosaurs were. Which were at the park for 2 years. COTD has been there for just over 2 years now. Even if they just are removing the indoor part of it and changing it to the jellyfish.

Looks pretty decent... Should be a fascinating display, I'd definitely spend some time there on my next visit.

Was interested to see a mirror maze in those plans? Seems interesting...

I think I would probably get a little freaked out by a mirror maze with jellyfish (or illusions of jellyfish) all around me...

Edited by jake_hunt
I dunno, something else came to mind.

^And, in general, most of us would agree with that statement, but as COTD, like the Dinosaurs before it, were always only ever planned to be a 'limited run' temporary attraction, this isn't so much a 'substitute' as a 'we've finally worked out what we're going to do with that space, so we can get rid of the temporary stuff now so we can build something permanent'

Aww, someone beat me to posting this.

Looks like a good replacement for that area. 

I know it's to replace a temp attraction, but SW really need to do something about the ride position soon. Sure, the park is mainly a marine park and rides are always second. But is the Asian market big enough to sustain the park on it's own without locals? 

I'm sure it probably is, and yes there's plenty of locals who still visit, but some new rides wouldn't hurt. Seaworld overseas, while more of an entertainment park, strikes a nice balance between rides and animals (ignoring the performing animal debate here). Sea World Australia has 1 dry coaster, 1 moist coaster, Castaway Bay which is not overly ideal for winter, and then the kids area. 

SW really could use something new, even just a small flat. They've certainly got the space for it. 

2019 just seems too far away to just fill the gap with a Jellyfish exhibit.

19 minutes ago, Theme Park said:

Wait sea world was really considering a giga a wing and a hybrid coaster in their survey. Well fingers crossed they are getting that big ticket ride we are all hoping for.

@Skeeta was joking. Plus he said it was for a 2017 attraction. Their is no way VRTP would buy 2 major coasters in one year. 

3 minutes ago, Tim Dasco said:

@Skeeta was joking. Plus he said it was for a 2017 attraction. Their is no way VRTP would buy 2 major coasters in one year. 

My apologies I still haven't posted much but should have thought more but I do still hope we someday see a big rollercoaster to replace sea viper.

Edited by Theme Park

IMG_6626.thumb.JPG.d0d44bb104f23ec1421b3922e41e8752.JPG

Sea World has partnered with Griffith University and Surf Life Saving Queensland to bring you the Sea Jellies Illuminated exhibit in April 2018! This first of its kind exhibit will also act as a working Research Centre with Griffith University utilising the facility to conduct research on these captivating creatures in a purpose-built lab.
Learn more – http://bit.ly/2ut1UjI

Let’s get this right.

Jet Rescue is the current only dry ride and it’s down for 6 weeks in the middle of winter.

Creatures of the Deep is about to close leaving one more less thing to do this Christmas holidays.

“NEW EXHIBIT COMING APRIL 2018: Sea Jellies Illuminated will be replacing the Creatures of the Deep indoor exhibit. The indoor exhibit will be closed from late July to commence the construction for the new attraction”

And people think I drink too much Kool-Aid.