Sea World Jelly Fish 2017 Attractiion

KiwiBirb

2 hours ago, MaxxTheMonster said:

TBH...  A lot of staff have little idea what is happening in the parkz...  Had to tell someone the other day that MW was open until 6:00pm with the superheroes event when a SW employee told them it was open 10:30 to 5...

Wow! No staff meetings, or noticeboards at least? Or staff emails / texts about important company information?

7 minutes ago, Skeeta said:

Wow @pushbutton!  You get all that from one staff member not knowing. 

All the notices are posted in the secret staff only walk though dark monorail ride which can make them hard to see. 

On topic - a little disappointed that this won't be up by the end of the year. There must be more to it than it looks as it doesn't really appear (to the untrained eye) to be something that should take another 9 months to construct. Though given the tender hasn't been listed as awarded yet, I guess it makes sense. 

Still, I'd hope SW is able to add something, anything, by the end of the year. 

By the looks of it (based off those renders), they be removing the ice cream store to the right, and making that part of this attraction. And if there being water tanks being installed, i imagine they take quite a bit of work. As you say @Reanimated35, there must be more to it, or there is a lot more work that has to go into it than we think 

28 minutes ago, themagician said:

By the looks of it (based off those renders), they be removing the ice cream store to the right, and making that part of this attraction. And if there being water tanks being installed, i imagine they take quite a bit of work. As you say @Reanimated35, there must be more to it, or there is a lot more work that has to go into it than we think 

Actually...

As it is now...

temp.thumb.png.43eff64a0e85a4d643c02209044d8b1d.png

As it will be...

temp2.thumb.png.f0e223bda8804229590b7ed7b46ffeb8.png

Looks like the back area will be moved into the storeroom area and it will continue to operate...

Or this...

temp3.thumb.png.afbf254c90a15944baac89e166b1a2f5.png

Edited by MaxxTheMonster

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I applaud Chermside for their addition pictured above.  I only live 5 minutes away and have spent a fair amount in the new dining precinct since it opened, either with family, or for social events, or even just for a quick coffee/light meal with a friend.  Kingpin was well thought out as well, I think it makes great use of the space.  I'm not a huge video arcade fan,  I find most a bit dingy, noisy and claustrophobic, but I've been to this one half a dozen times since it opened.  I'm yet to see a quiet night there on a weekend, and even weekdays are busier than expected.  On occasion, we would have gone for dinner there, then spending any money on food in the parks.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Most of the construction walls have now come down, with fencing around the store area (As shown on the sign). It seems at this stage the facade won’t look like the original cocnept imagery. Maybe they are wanting to get it open in time for the games, and then will install the steel structure at a later date. At least I hope that’s the case, because right now it’s very underwhelming (Photo: TPSN)

CE496F9C-2700-4608-9174-F6522EA0B17B.thumb.jpeg.37ebd94b9c3d699ab23f485de181ecfb.jpeg

2 hours ago, themagician said:

Most of the construction walls have now come down, with fencing around the store area (As shown on the sign). It seems at this stage the facade won’t look like the original cocnept imagery. Maybe they are wanting to get it open in time for the games, and then will install the steel structure at a later date. At least I hope that’s the case, because right now it’s very underwhelming (Photo: TPSN)

CE496F9C-2700-4608-9174-F6522EA0B17B.thumb.jpeg.37ebd94b9c3d699ab23f485de181ecfb.jpeg

Anyone know the opening date yet?