Adventure World's Mi3 thrill ride will be an Intamin Gyro Swing like Dreamworld's The Claw

Parkz News

They have been this way for about six months. A few reasons: testing showed that they got more exposure and interaction in this forum, the tagging system is able to make them stand out better than it used to, and of course... they are theme park related.

The plan is to move all the old articles over (they'll of course be buried many pages back) and remove that section permanently. That just requires the development of a script that updates all the links and images in the old articles (some date back to Roller-Coaster.com.au days).

I assume the restraints on the new Gyro will be like the ones on Doomsday, which is good, comfortable too.

The Beast (XXL) restraints are good, and KMG do offer the option of outward facing seating, as featured on (also named) THE BEAST at PNE Playland, apparently it wasn't something they were too keen on doing as the park requested the configuration (2 seats face in, 2 out). The restraints on the KMG FREAK OUT, which are a simple lap bar are good, but its a strange feeling.

In comparing Claw to the XXL, there isn't too much difference in feeling. I think the XXL gives a slightly more forceful ride, due to the speed and height compared to Claw. Hopefully some PARKZ members will give it a go at this years EKKA. i'll be there working on deck :-)

Edited by HussRainbow87

Just now, HussRainbow87 said:

I assume the restraints on the new Gyro will be like the ones on Doomsday, which is good, comfortable too.

I don't think they will be - Doomsday's restraints are OTSRs and hold you around the waist, the restraints on Loke look more like they hold you by the legs. I disagree on the whole comfort thing, I'm not a big fan of Doomsday's restraints at all, perhaps that's just because the ride attendants often staple you, but they're far from comfortable in my opinion.

2 minutes ago, Santa07 said:

I don't think they will be - Doomsday's restraints are OTSRs and hold you around the waist, the restraints on Loke look more like they hold you by the legs. I disagree on the whole comfort thing, I'm not a big fan of Doomsday's restraints at all, perhaps that's just because the ride attendants often staple you, but they're far from comfortable in my opinion.

Interesting, I only gave it one go in October and to be honest, it gave a nothing ride, until the last revolution when it sped up a bit.... Clearly not running that ride to its full potential. Kamikaze's have more force than that thing.

14 minutes ago, Skeeta said:

@AlexB I thought the Ekka was ditching clowns this year.:P  

@HussRainbow87 you're now going to have 100's of people claiming to be AlexB.

@Skeeta - since there is actually a clown on the EkkaNites program at 6:20 - you thought wrong, but no, i'm not Beno the Clown (and I believe the Monster Trucks will have a clown airlifted out of the arena by Lifeflight too, but that's not me either)

Here's the thing - if someone shows up claiming to be @AlexB - then you know it isn't me, since i've already clearly stated on here that Alex B isn't my real name.

I've been on The Beast (XXL) around 11 or 12 times and the Claw twice so here's my view. The Beast gives a much more forceful ride, while still giving amazing airtime where as the Claw isn't as forceful, but still has lot's of floater air. I personally prefer seating facing outwards as seen on the Claw, however I enjoyed the Beast more as an experience, as IMO it's got an excellent atmosphere! 

Edited by Wil_i_am_not

I've also ridden both The Beast (KMG XXL), and the Claw @ DW. I agree with how @Wil_i_am_not describes the two rides. The Beast is all about the atmosphere, height, positive g's and insane speed. Whereas the Claw delivers amazing floater airtime, a greater feeling of inverting/going up-side-down, and a better seating arrangement (outward facing seating). I also feel that the Claw has a more powerful motor/drive, it really hauls you up into the sky, and then yanks you back down to the ground.

2 minutes ago, pin142 said:

Not sure if it is sad to say but this is the main reason why I am heading to the EKKA this year.

Haha don't worry, its normal when a new attraction comes in from overseas. Still can't believe we have an XXL here, I remember seeing one in Belgium and couldn't believe how big it was! its pretty stunning in person, even if you aren't riding

13 hours ago, HussRainbow87 said:

Haha don't worry, its normal when a new attraction comes in from overseas. Still can't believe we have an XXL here, I remember seeing one in Belgium and couldn't believe how big it was! its pretty stunning in person, even if you aren't riding

^Agreed. The Beast is a stunning feat of engineering - when you see it at full swing @pin142 keep in mind the ride is not bolted to the ground whatsoever, and erects and packs itself up without the need of any external crane. Also it's really fun to stand close to the base of the ride and watch the gondola swing right over your head. It catches a lot of people off-guard if they don't realise what they are walking next too - when suddenly a giant arm swings over their head. Gets some good reactions of awe/scare!