Dreamworld - 2017 "exciting" "experiences"

themagician

26 minutes ago, themagician said:

.IMG_0093.thumb.JPG.56c12fd8686ae07cd546d56782ed3ae1.JPG

This got me thinking about some really cool ideas they could do, even though its probably not going to happen. I think it would be super awesome if the vintage cars actually went around the log ride/ through the ride area, because then it would be more entertaining and immersive.

35 minutes ago, themagician said:

TPSN posted this from DW, don't know where it is from, but it is something shared by DW. And it says that the log ride and vintage cars will be a whole new experience.IMG_0093.thumb.JPG.56c12fd8686ae07cd546d56782ed3ae1.JPG

It's part of an email from Dreamworld to pass holders reminding them their pass has been extended.

It starts with 

We would like to remind you that your Season Pass that was due to expire in June 2017 has been extended until 24 December 2017.

The post above follows that.

16 minutes ago, Flynn_Smith said:

This got me thinking about some really cool ideas they could do, even though its probably not going to happen. I think it would be super awesome if the vintage cars actually went around the log ride/ through the ride area, because then it would be more entertaining and immersive.

I think for the Log Ride, it will be a new boat with harnesses (When I've gone to the park there have been no signs of the old ones). And maybe added theming. And for the Vintage Cars, theming.

It's great to see that DW continue reaffirming  the 'experience' in everything they are doing. I get the feeling that some high profile business Analyst and successful Author has recently been roped in to help DW identify it's Core Values and a business Mission Statement to centre everything  around.

Could 'whole new experience' just be referring to the fact that they will once again soon be operating and therefore offering new experiences to Guests simply by being open?

2 hours ago, MickeyD said:

I get the feeling that some high profile business Analyst and successful Author has recently been roped in to help DW identify it's Core Values and a business Mission Statement to centre everything  around.

A few months ago it was all about imagination, now it's about experiences? Sounds like precisely the opposite of of identifying their core values. It's laughably over-the-top and transparent use of a buzzword in place of actual substance. It's a nervous brand totally unsure of who and what they are, run by a management team that has no gut-level understanding of the theme park industry, or even what Dreamworld is.

Adding the word 'experience', 'magic' or 'precinct' to everything doesn't make it so.

• Like 1

With my best hopes for DW's future, I prefer to remain optimistic about all of these 'minor experiences'. While not earth shattering by any means they will at least all add up to improving the overall Customer Experience.  This is something that's vitally important when they have no new Major attraction to promote.. again.

Some of us choose to sit in armchairs and criticise current DW Management and it's Owners over the way things are ran. Fact is DW should be investing mega bucks right now on Capital but sadly the REALITY of things are they simply don't have the funds to spend and Ardent won't give the Park what it needs. It's been a tired old scenario playing out for too many years.

Right now all DW can do is make the glass at least look half full by making the most of everything they have. For that, I think they are doing an excellent job. 

I agree with you Mickey. That said and done though, I am a bit disheartened to see whilst they are spending on making the place an experience again, there is no movement at all on returning the Baldwin steam loco to service. Surely a genuine 100+ year old loco (which is in fine operation condition mind you) would be of better use running out on the track than sitting in the shed? 

Getting It out is something they can do today and would only improve the guest satisfaction for very minimal cost. 

That's ok @MickeyD sadly the railway has always been one of those "always there, always forgotten" attractions in the scheme of things in terms of management and the general public, so it's completely understandable. The sad thing is the locomotive celebrated it's 100 year anniversary/ birthday in March this year which is defiantly worth shouting from the rooftops, and its a story the park could have turned into positive exposure. Instead not even a social media post was given.

@Brad2912, it hasn't run since October last year.  I won't divulge why it hasn't run, but it's not because the engine is unsafe, broken or "an old girl". The Baldwin requires very little work to get it out on the track again, just will power. But as said it is defiantly something they can bring out now, for very little expenditure that will help plus the park experience and guest satisfaction ratings. Sure only run it say on the weekends and peak periods, just run it and commit to it! 

I have a feeling the hold up was held roughly between what is now Billabong Station and AWE station (Billabong station in those days didn't exist) but I can't confirm. Paging @WorldFun, he may be able to provide some more info. 

You would be surprised the amount of people who are attracted to an old steam locomotive running, sure those same people may not be thrill ride junkies, but steam gets people excited. My wife and I have just had a baby and have let our DW passes expire because why bother when you have a newborn? Well if the park brings out the Baldwin again, we will renew our passes and get down there, it is something that both my wife and I enjoy riding behind, and we aren't the only people in that camp either.