Dreamworld - 2017 "exciting" "experiences"

themagician

I haven't held a pass since Pandamonium went in (the one day i went after it was opened, it was closed to do concrete stenciling, so I still haven't been on it) - but I have had one-off opportunities to visit (including an opportunity to ride Tail Spin). I've thought about a DW pass every year, but every year there is nothing that will entice me back. I've stuck with Village for a while now, and at least they have included night events and so on to keep me interested.

Generic 'we're open late and you can wear a blindfold' events don't really do it for me.

52 minutes ago, themagician said:

A new billboard has appeared out the front of DW and is a throw back to one of their original logos/billboards, but jumbled up. Don't fully get the idea of it, but something different

You can also see they left the reference to the river rapids in, but I suppose the images could be just doing a throwback for the park. Thoughts?

Dunno if you are Serious or joking, but that's just the backing of the billboard. It's always exposed for a day or two when they are changing the boards over. It's not a criptic message or some artsy fartsy marketing campaign 

Edited by Brad2912

@Brad2912 Definitely serious. I live near the park, and pass it nearly every day and I have never seen this before. And also have passed the park when they've been changing over the billboard imagery multiple times, and never seen this then, I've only seen the blank board. This is completely new to me.

Edited by themagician

1 hour ago, themagician said:

@Brad2912 Definitely serious. I live near the park, and pass it nearly every day and I have never seen this before. And also have passed the park when they've been changing over the billboard imagery multiple times, and never seen this then, I've only seen the blank board. This is completely new to me.

Drive past it on the commute daily and I've seen it like that 4 or 5 times before. I've never ever seen a blank board. What you are seeing is remnants of multiple strips of old billboards. 

Edited by Brad2912
  • Like 1

Shame they aren't able to salvage those old ad vintage canvas somehow :( Some great Dreamworld history right there in that billboard! 

I could easily imagine them being auctioned off to a nostalgic theme park or Gold Coast historic collector for a small mint, which could then help the park with a much needed financial boost or donated to the DWF. 

Edited by Theme Park Girl
Damn, I need caffeine!

Here is a reason for why a new billboard hasn't been put up yet:

TWO Dreamworld subcontractors have suffered electrical burns after their crane collided with power lines near the theme park’s main car park.

Just after 3pm today three men working in a crane on a Dreamworld billboard on the M1 highway came into contact with power lines.

Two of the three men, aged in their 30s, received electric shocks and burns in the workplace incident.

They were transported to Gold Coast University Hospital in a stable condition.

A Dreamworld spokewoman said they had been advised of the incident by the company.

“We are relieved to hear, the workers are not seriously injured and are under observation at hospital,” she said.

http://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au/news/gold-coast/two-workers-suffered-electrical-burns-at-dreamworld/news-story/c64478ae5c884885a74481e3aa927ad1

Terrible photo I know but that's what you get from a moving car on your phone on the M1. 

Billboard updated. 

Another 'imagination' theme. 

Not sure why you'd want to buy annual passes if the mission is accomplished already but oh well, imagination.. 

seems the cheap passes will be around for quite a while 

IMG_5609.PNG

Edited by Brad2912
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Brad2912 said:

Another 'imagination' theme. 

Not sure why you'd want to buy annual passes if the mission is complete already but oh well, imagination.. 

I don't really understand the space suits theming for the Tower of Terror. I find it odd they'd use it on their main billboard. Maybe they could of used something more recognisable because I think for people who don't really follow theme park information regularly, its an odd image to see.